WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I'm just going by what was presented on screen.
And you didn't see Steve break in or how he broke them out.

All we know is that it was just cap that got them out and he didn't even have any of his gear with him.
Hence, all you know is that Steve played a part in breaking them out.

You're talking as if the scene showed Steve prying the doors off their cells and we just saw the gang of them hop in to some aircraft Steve had parked in BK and they flew back to Wakanda.
Plus it wouldn't make sense for BP to help him, as a king of a respected nation he cant be seen breaking into a high security facility run by the governments of the world, that would just be stupid of him to do.
All T'Challa needs to do is wear some shades and a no brand baseball cap and nobody would recognize him.

and this is fully consistent with the habitual cluelessness of the government. 
I feel like you keep saying "government" but really never make sense of it or attach a country to it.

Can I get a list of the "cluelessness", corruption, and incompetence you constantly keep saying exists in the government in the MCU? I mean we haven't even seen how the bulk of the nations gov. operate until this movie. Other than we've seen the failed country of Sokovia, some middle eastern countries where Tony killed some terrorists, and few glimpses of a few other countries but not how their gov. work to say they're corrupt of incompetent or clueless. Cuz I feel like you're just mixing SHIELD's mistakes with the American gov. In all these MCU movies the American gov. hasn't even had a huge presence. Are you including AoS? Cuz just in the movies like I said before we got Incredible Hulk and the IM movies where we see gov. presence and it's not a whole lot to talk about in the IM movies. We've mainly dealt with SHIELD, Hydra, and that world council in Avengers and TWS.

at the end of the day it was easy enough to accomplish in at most a week, with little to no help. 
This an egregious assumption :lol:

You literally just pulled that out your ***.

With DC coming out with Aquaman soon what are the chances Namor comes to the MCU? Or are his rights with Fox?

I hope not,we almost have most of the Illuminati in the MCU at this point. I'm gonna need an Illuminati movie in the future :lol:.

Universal has his movie rights similar to the Hulk I think

Wait up...so they can use him in the MCU as long as they get a cut?
I'm pretty sure it's a different deal for Namor hence why Marvel hasn't made any moves to include Namor in anything. Universal may be getting a bigger cut than for the Hulk usage.

Lol. If Cap had any help breaking them out it couldn't have been much. Most everyone who would help was behind bars :lol:

*edit

Damn I went of character :rofl:

*edit

I don't need help breaking anybody out. I'm nice like that :pimp:

Last edited:

funny that cap said this to tony in AOU:

Steve Rogers: Well, I guess you know. Whether you'd tell us is a bit of a question.
okay so if tony did happen to have a fix for bucky, how would that have made the events of CW any different? 

bucky is framed

cap saves bucky from being killed by the government

bucky has to do the mandatory psych eval when he gets to the facility, zemo breaks him out and everyone tries to stop him
Well if Tony had a fix for him, I'm pretty sure he would've stepped in to fix him before any bull **** psych evaluation cuz Tony would know if Bucky did bomb the meeting he may have been programmed by somebody to do so.

Hell if Cap tells Tony about Bucky, there's a good chance Tony finds Bucky before AOU. Then Bucky would've been an Avenger trying to make up for his past crimes.

But hey when you got a scumbag friend like Steve this is what happens.

I think the Russo's did a better job with this film than the actual writers of the original comic book storyline did.
I wouldn't go that far. The original CW storyline was too expansive to put on film. But following the events of the battles the avengers had made more sense for the movie. So this is essentially a scaled down version. But still a good version no less. 

I think the scaled down nature made for a far better written and more entertaining story overall. In all honesty i'd say this was better than the comic in nearly every way.
the whole registration argument made more sense in the comics when there was a real issue with reckless super powered people running around trying to be heroes.

in the movies every super hero is a part of or being tracked by the avengers and the avengers have never shown any sign of being careless or not caring about saving lives.

in the movie other than being a way for tony to relieve his guilt, the accords make 0 sense for the avengers. 

Not really. The reckless argument was then applied to the entire superhero community, made up of people that had been doing this job for decades and had saved the world a dozen times over. Then, after a group of less then a dozen new heroes acts reckless it's suddenly all heroes that are painted as the bad guys. Here, it's only a few heroes and they're then all being held accountable as they've all actually been involved in destructive events recently. Makes far more sense.

That scene with the mother blaming Tony made more sense as well, as in the comics it was some random woman whom he'd not only never met before, but whose child had again died in an event he had zero involvement in. Yet for some reason she singles him out to get pissed off at. That was incredibly terrible :lol: At least her the woman's kid was a direct casualty of AOU.
from the perspective of the avengers it doesn't make any sense because they already do a good job of holding themselves accountable. The governments of the world are trying to guilt trip the avengers into accountability for like 80 people dying in NY when the world security counsel was never held accountable for being okay with nuking all of NYC killing millions? 

in the comics it made sense because there were other groups of "heroes" outside of the avengers who were super reckless and needed to be held accountable but in the movie it was only dealing with the avengers who were already highly organised and focused on accountability. The only two avengers who were not being held accountable were thor and the hulk which even if everyone in the movie signed the accords they still would have no idea where the two of them are.

The mother blaming tony makes sense in what the mother felt and who she was mad at, and it made sense for tony for feeling guilty about it. but that whole situation was entirely tony's fault in the first place. The avenger's high sense of accounabilty was shown in AOU when Tony wanted to just destroy the flying city but Cap convinced them to try and make sure everyone on the city was given an opportunity to evacuate. 

the MCU governments have proven time after time to be corrupt and incompetent, in most movies they are portrayed as the antagonists. It makes no sense for any of the avengers to want to surrender major decision making powers to them. 

No they don't, which is why there was an issue at all. They answer to no one but themselves, which isn't any type of security or accountability at all.The World Security Council is then gone, so that's irrelevant.

There was 1 group in the comics, made up of a bunch of noobs that were reckless and then caused a terrible accident due to said recklessness, which somehow was enough to drag in dozens of other heroes who weren't involved at all. That was reaching at its finest. Whereas in the film, all the Avengers have been involved in destructive actions that have seen them save the day, but also caused however many casualties. Some of them have been relegated to America and others haven't. These actions, along with the fact that the Avengers don't answer to any type of higher authority then caused the governments of the world to be concerned.

The American Government in Marvel comics has proven to be corrupt and incompetent time and time again, so by that argument the Registration Act didn't make any sense in the comics either :lol: But no, 117 governments have not proven time and time again to be corrupt. You've had a few at best via the Security Council.

Last edited:

I'm just going by what was presented on screen.
And you didn't see Steve break in or how he broke them out.
All we know is that it was just cap that got them out and he didn't even have any of his gear with him.
Hence, all you know is that Steve played a part in breaking them out.

You're talking as if the scene showed Steve prying the doors off their cells and we just saw the gang of them hop in to some aircraft Steve had parked in BK and they flew back to Wakanda.
Plus it wouldn't make sense for BP to help him, as a king of a respected nation he cant be seen breaking into a high security facility run by the governments of the world, that would just be stupid of him to do.
All T'Challa needs to do is wear some shades and a no brand baseball cap and nobody would recognize him.
and this is fully consistent with the habitual cluelessness of the government. 
I feel like you keep saying "government" but really never make sense of it or attach a country to it.

Can I get a list of the "cluelessness", corruption, and incompetence you constantly keep saying exists in the government in the MCU? I mean we haven't even seen how the bulk of the nations gov. operate until this movie. Other than we've seen the failed country of Sokovia, some middle eastern countries where Tony killed some terrorists, and few glimpses of a few other countries but not how their gov. work to say they're corrupt of incompetent or clueless. Cuz I feel like you're just mixing SHIELD's mistakes with the American gov. In all these MCU movies the American gov. hasn't even had a huge presence. Are you including AoS? Cuz just in the movies like I said before we got Incredible Hulk and the IM movies where we see gov. presence and it's not a whole lot to talk about in the IM movies. We've mainly dealt with SHIELD, Hydra, and that world council in Avengers and TWS.

at the end of the day it was easy enough to accomplish in at most a week, with little to no help. 
This an egregious assumption
laugh.gif

You literally just pulled that out your ***.
Hulk:

ross brings tanks to a college campus to try and capture banner, causes destruction

causes the creation of a huge stronger than hulk monster who is set loose on the city, probably killing people

Avengers:

A committee consisting of government leaders from around the world give the green light to nuking all of NYC despite nick fury who has a better understanding of the situation telling them not to

Iron Man 2:

Congressman who is a member of hydra tries to force Tony to give up his tech to the government (which hydra can then take)

Cap 1:

Creates what is physically the greatest soldier in the world out of a man who loves his country and is highly willing to help fight for it with technology which probably costed millions of dollars to develop. Wastes his talents doing marketing for the army without any intention of training him to be a soldier.

Iron Man 3:

Vice President schemes with terrorists to get the president killed so that he can take power

Cap 2:

Major government branch has been run by hydra this entire time. BTW you're right Shield is not the US government it is run by "an international counsil formed of politicians from some of the world's most powerful countries". So it's actually closer to the UN than the US Government, but regardless it is still being run by people who are employed by governments.

Cap 3:

As soon as they catch bucky their security allows a terrorist to interview him and break him out. The man assigned to overlook the avengers is constantly disrespected and even ignored by Tony Stark.

There's probably more examples, I honestly don't remember anything about the thor movies, but basically anytime any government plays a role in any of the movie's plots they are either corrupt or incompetent. 

funny that cap said this to tony in AOU:

Steve Rogers: Well, I guess you know. Whether you'd tell us is a bit of a question.
okay so if tony did happen to have a fix for bucky, how would that have made the events of CW any different? 

bucky is framed

cap saves bucky from being killed by the government

bucky has to do the mandatory psych eval when he gets to the facility, zemo breaks him out and everyone tries to stop him
Well if Tony had a fix for him, I'm pretty sure he would've stepped in to fix him before any bull **** psych evaluation cuz Tony would know if Bucky did bomb the meeting he may have been programmed by somebody to do so.

Hell if Cap tells Tony about Bucky, there's a good chance Tony finds Bucky before AOU. Then Bucky would've been an Avenger trying to make up for his past crimes.

But hey when you got a scumbag friend like Steve this is what happens.
the psych eval is mandatory under government regulations

no one expected zemo to happen so they would have just gone through with it because it's harmless and at the time tony was all about giving some control to the government

tony knew about bucky and his brain washing, that's why at no point of the movie he was like "what he was brainwashed this entire time?!?"

even at the airport he was like "just come in with bucky and we will figure things out" which is exactly what he would have said if he had the cure

if you guys have to reach THIS hard to discredit cap, its almost not even worth replying to 
laugh.gif

at the end of the day everything worked out like it was supposed to. 

I wonder if rhodes will still suit up.

you know Stark will have him in an upgraded suit

You know since they don't have the X-Men they should see about giving Rhodey one of those floating hover chairs Professor Xavier's used before :lol:
We have exoskeletons todays that assist people to walk despite paralysis, it's an insult to Stark Enterprises for Tony to not hook Rhodey up with something.

A drone / remote controlled version of warmachine would be cool too. rhodes can just chill back at the compound with some snacks and blast people with a controller.

You know since they don't have the X-Men they should see about giving Rhodey one of those floating hover chairs Professor Xavier's used before :lol:
We have exoskeletons todays that assist people to walk despite paralysis, it's an insult to Stark Enterprises for Tony to not hook Rhodey up with something.

Extremis could easily solve the problem.

I think the Russo's did a better job with this film than the actual writers of the original comic book storyline did.
I wouldn't go that far. The original CW storyline was too expansive to put on film. But following the events of the battles the avengers had made more sense for the movie. So this is essentially a scaled down version. But still a good version no less. 

I think the scaled down nature made for a far better written and more entertaining story overall. In all honesty i'd say this was better than the comic in nearly every way.
the whole registration argument made more sense in the comics when there was a real issue with reckless super powered people running around trying to be heroes.

in the movies every super hero is a part of or being tracked by the avengers and the avengers have never shown any sign of being careless or not caring about saving lives.

in the movie other than being a way for tony to relieve his guilt, the accords make 0 sense for the avengers. 

Not really. The reckless argument was then applied to the entire superhero community, made up of people that had been doing this job for decades and had saved the world a dozen times over. Then, after a group of less then a dozen new heroes acts reckless it's suddenly all heroes that are painted as the bad guys. Here, it's only a few heroes and they're then all being held accountable as they've all actually been involved in destructive events recently. Makes far more sense.

That scene with the mother blaming Tony made more sense as well, as in the comics it was some random woman whom he'd not only never met before, but whose child had again died in an event he had zero involvement in. Yet for some reason she singles him out to get pissed off at. That was incredibly terrible
laugh.gif
At least her the woman's kid was a direct casualty of AOU.
from the perspective of the avengers it doesn't make any sense because they already do a good job of holding themselves accountable. The governments of the world are trying to guilt trip the avengers into accountability for like 80 people dying in NY when the world security counsel was never held accountable for being okay with nuking all of NYC killing millions? 

in the comics it made sense because there were other groups of "heroes" outside of the avengers who were super reckless and needed to be held accountable but in the movie it was only dealing with the avengers who were already highly organised and focused on accountability. The only two avengers who were not being held accountable were thor and the hulk which even if everyone in the movie signed the accords they still would have no idea where the two of them are.

The mother blaming tony makes sense in what the mother felt and who she was mad at, and it made sense for tony for feeling guilty about it. but that whole situation was entirely tony's fault in the first place. The avenger's high sense of accounabilty was shown in AOU when Tony wanted to just destroy the flying city but Cap convinced them to try and make sure everyone on the city was given an opportunity to evacuate. 

the MCU governments have proven time after time to be corrupt and incompetent, in most movies they are portrayed as the antagonists. It makes no sense for any of the avengers to want to surrender major decision making powers to them. 
No they don't, which is why there was an issue at all. They answer to no one but themselves, which isn't any type of security or accountability at all.The World Security Council is then gone, so that's irrelevant.

There was 1 group in the comics, made up of a bunch of noobs that were reckless and then caused a terrible accident due to said recklessness, which somehow was enough to drag in dozens of other heroes who weren't involved at all. That was reaching at its finest. Whereas in the film, all the Avengers have been involved in destructive actions that have seen them save the day, but also caused however many casualties. Some of them have been relegated to America and others haven't. These actions, along with the fact that the Avengers don't answer to any type of higher authority then caused the governments of the world to be concerned.

The American Government in Marvel comics has proven to be corrupt and incompetent time and time again, so by that argument the Registration Act didn't make any sense in the comics either
laugh.gif
But no, 117 governments have not proven time and time again to be corrupt. You've had a few at best via the Security Council.
It's perfectly understandable why the governments would be concerned about a group of powerful people they dont control

They, unlike the audience and the avengers themselves, dont know that the avengers are truly good people who are each doing what they believe will make the world a safer place. So it's understandable why the goverments of the world think the accords are a good idea.

But it doesn't make much sense for the avengers themselves to think that the governments have a better idea of where their time should be spent than they do themselves. As evidenced by one side not signing and the guy who lead the charge in signing the accord eventually ignoring regulations to do what he felt was the right thing to do.

all I'm saying is the comic reasoning makes more sense to me than the movie's reasoning but at the end of the day I think both versions are a huge reach to why agreeing to government regulation is a good idea. 

You know since they don't have the X-Men they should see about giving Rhodey one of those floating hover chairs Professor Xavier's used before
laugh.gif
I'm sure he could easily put him in the suit and have him flying around on missions again

I figured what they showed was just his regular physical rehab in hopes of him being able to make a natural recovery

I don't see why IM was so pissed off over Rhodey when he very rarely even acknowledges that he exists.

He didn't even acknowledge how much he changed from 2008-2010. What a bad friend.

Last edited:

I don't see why IM was so pissed off over Rhodey when he very rarely even acknowledges that he exists.

He didn't even acknowledge how much he changed from 2008-2010. What a bad friend.
Rhodey is his only real friend on the avengers

everyone else just puts up with him because of his talents

and vision is not someone you can go to the bar and joke around with 

I'm interested to see exactly how Marvel plans to bring the team back together when Thanos rolls into town.

Also interested to see Thanos break somebody in half like a twig. Since he'll have the Infinity Gauntlet then Marvel doesn't need to hold back and he can kill a few heroes off, then just write it so that they're revived with the Gauntlet afterwards.

Man, if Thanos, Darkseid, and Apocalypse could all meet in a film and fight :smokin

Last edited:
I'm interested to see exactly how Marvel plans to bring the team back together when Thanos rolls into town.

Also interested to see Thanos break somebody in half like a twig. Since he'll have the Infinity Gauntlet then Marvel doesn't need to hold back and he can kill a few heroes off, then just write it so that they're revived with the Gauntlet afterwards.

Man, if Thanos, Darkseid, and Apocalypse could all meet in a film and fight
smokin.gif
I don't think steve and tony will have any problem working together again if they need to

it will be interesting to see how guys like dr strange are recruited to the team

I'm guessing it will end up being tony who has the tech to get everyone to space, unless starlord rolls up and picks everyone up 

It'll be easy to get everyone back together.

"Guys, we need to reunite and fight this indestructible force that can destroy our planet."

Rhodey is his only real friend on the avengers

everyone else just puts up with him because of his talents

and vision is not someone you can go to the bar and joke around with 

Outside of Natasha and Clint who is really friends in the Avengers?

I'd say Bruce and him are friends

Last edited:
My biggest concern is I don't want the Avengers fighting a faceless horde of minions again. Seen that with A1 and A2. I loved the close and personal fighting so much that I hope they bring that back with A3 1 and 2. If Thanos brings minions I only hope it's 10 dudes max.

Back
Top Bottom