WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

90% Of The Black Panther Cast Will Be African Or African American

In Captain America: Civil War, Chadwick Boseman made his debut as Black Panther/T'Challa, and in the mid-credits scene, we even got our first glimpse of the technologically-advanced nation of Wakanda. That type of introduction is rare for Marvel Studios as they normally introduce a major character with their own solo film before bringing them into an ensemble superhero movie.

Marvel boss Kevin Feige dropped by The Empire Film Podcast recently and explained why he chose to introduce Black Panther in Civil War, and he also discussed the character's upcoming solo film and its cast.

"That will be amongst the best ensembles we've ever had," Feige said of the Black Panther cast, "and 90% of the cast is either African or African-American."

The cast is off to a great start. Aside from Boseman, the past few days have revealed that Michael B. Jordan (Fantastic Four) and Lupita Nyong'o (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) are joining the cast.

Black Panther will slash into theaters on February 16, 2018, and will start shooting in early 2017. It is being directed and co-written by Creed and Fruitvale Station filmmaker, Ryan Coogler.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05...her-cast-will-be-african-or-african-american/

View media item 152002View media item 2032405View media item 1808142View media item 1808144View media item 1509511

The Civil War writers have said that these films will no longer cater to those who havent seen the previous films

No more dumbed down storylines :pimp:

I can dig it. Going to lose some fans and hard to grow a fan base that way but marvel must feel pretty secure of the fan base they already have lol

Last edited:
dont know much about black panthers. who are his top 3 antagonists? dude is such a boss :smokin

Back in the day I rated comic book movies on a curve.

You kinda had to.

Batman Begins changed all that IMO

IM1 will always be hard for me to objectively have an opinion on because its was such a strong emotional reaction to see Tony come to life on the big screen. I went to see IM 1 in the theatre 8 times. My favorite superhero was in a movie looking awesome.

WS is such a quality movie to me because I don't care for Steve like that and it doesn't matter. That movie is flawless to me. When Steve told everyone in the elevator they can get off before this started :wow:

IMO the best most tightly written action movies have been comic book movies of late.

Last edited:
dont know much about black panthers. who are his top 3 antagonists? dude is such a boss :smokin

Hmm, T'Challa really doesn't have a prominent Rogues Gallery like Batman or Spider-Man, but he has notable villains still. There was Death Tiger a while back, who was like an evil Black Panther for all intents and purposes and he was actually from Wakanda. Panther's clashed with Doom more than once and they even had a mini-event about such an encounter called Doomwar in 2010, where Doom outright attacked Wakanda for its Vibranium. Erik Killmonger might be one of the most infamous and he's notable for having actually gone toe to toe with T'Challa at different points and not been defeated. He's also from Wakanda so that gives them a personal connection. Furthermore, he was raised as a slave by Ulysses Klaw and hated T'Challa's father with a passion. Klaw himself, in the comics, is the one who killed T'Challa's father and is another of his enemies. There's also Man-Ape, who is from Wakanda, bathed in the blood of a White Gorilla to gain his powers, and has challenged T'Challa for the throne of Wakanda multiple times.

Over the last few years i'd honestly have to throw Namor as one of his most recurring foes as well and really just the way their antagonism towards one another built up was handled very well, being an idea that carried over through multiple different series. As the kings of their own nations they always had a certain amount of respect for each other, meeting at various different points throughout their respective histories and then their interaction increased when they joined the Illuminati with Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Professor X, Dr. Strange, and Black Bolt. However, things took a turn for the worse when Namor gained part of the power from the Phoenix Force and subsequently sank Wakanda, killing thousands of its citizens under the Force's influence. They continued to work together in the Illuminati afterwards, but T'Challa made it clear he planned to kill Namor and things escalated from there, and the universe (leading into last year's Secret War event) actually ended with T'Challa making good on that promise and leaving Namor for dead on an exploding planet (Though Namor managed to survive with some help).

Last edited:
Yeah Namor is really BP's only notable antagonist/rival, and he's very likely owned by FOX :rolleyes. Dude has no villains really.

I'm like 99% sure that Klaw will be the main villain of BP.

They need to make sure T'Challa is adequately challenged in his movie because that vibranium errthang looking a little bit too OP. Son didn't have that level of armor in the comics until very recently

Last edited:
Yeah Namor is really BP's only notable antagonist/rival. Dude has no villains really.

I'm like 99% sure that Klaw will be the main villain of BP.

They need to make sure T'Challa is adequately challenged in his movie because that vibranium errthang looking a little bit too OP. Son didn't have that level of armor in the comics until very recently

Yeah Andy Serkis will be Klaw and I'm confident MBJ will end up being Killmonger

Universal owns the film rights to Namor.

MBJ most likely will be Killmonger because they wouldn't have to explain superpowers

Guardians of the Galaxy sucked. Only good things in the movie were Thanos and the Celestials. AoU did more universe building than Guardians.

Yea I'm pretty sure Universal owns Namor. which makes me think it shouldn't be too hard for Marvel to get him in the movies cause they own Hulk too.

Last edited:
The Russos make my favorite things so I'm hyped to see where they take Marvel from here. Dudes are clever with a true passion for film and comedy. The intricacies they add like basing WS on 3 days of the Condor then having Robert Redford, the Bluth stair car etc etc. I still think I like WS a bit more because it was such a surprise. It brought Cap into the new era amazingly by literally kicking the **** outta everything. But man I feel like y'all are missing some of the brilliance of CW. Dudes set us up perfectly to expect another drone beat em up, then dispels that immediately with a bullet to the head. Then unravels a clever (albeit intricate) plan to have them tear themselves apart which should have been obvious, but we were too distracted by the awesomeness of the rest of the film. If you didn't enjoy this man you're just way too jaded.

^^ Them boys ain't hearin you man. The fact that the follow up to Winter Soldier has Iron Man, Spiderman and Black Panther in it is just too much to comprehend. No one would've believed this in 2014.

The Russos make my favorite things so I'm hyped to see where they take Marvel from here. Dudes are clever with a true passion for film and comedy. The intricacies they add like basing WS on 3 days of the Condor then having Robert Redford, the Bluth stair car etc etc. I still think I like WS a bit more because it was such a surprise. It brought Cap into the new era amazingly by literally kicking the **** outta everything. But man I feel like y'all are missing some of the brilliance of CW. Dudes set us up perfectly to expect another drone beat em up, then dispels that immediately with a bullet to the head. Then unravels a clever (albeit intricate) plan to have them tear themselves apart which should have been obvious, but we were too distracted by the awesomeness of the rest of the film. If you didn't enjoy this man you're just way too jaded.

I'm with you man.

^^ Them boys ain't hearin you man. The fact that the follow up to Winter Soldier has Iron Man, Spiderman and Black Panther in it is just too much to comprehend. No one would've believed this in 2014.

Putting a bunch of characters in a movie is too much to comprehend?

Man what?

Spiderman is literally only in this movie to plant the seed for Homecoming.

He literally added nothing to the story.

And who said they didn't enjoy this movie?

Last edited:
I've seen maybe, maybe one person in this entire thread say that they didn't care for the film (And I also might be remembering that from another forum entirely, but I know that I at least saw a post saying that). But yeah they did an excellent job with Civil War. Said it a few days ago, I think the story here was better than the original comic it was adapting, by a landslide.

With their Vibranium weapons I wouldn't be surprised at T'Challa's bodyguards being capable of taking on Widow.

Last edited:
I've seen maybe, maybe one person in this entire thread say that they didn't care for the film (And I also might be remembering that from another forum entirely, but I know that I at least saw a post saying that). But yeah they did an excellent job with Civil War. Said it a few days ago, I think the story here was better than the original comic it was adapting, by a landslide.

With their Vibranium weapons I wouldn't be surprised at T'Challa's bodyguards being capable of taking on Widow.

Yeah movie Civil War story line was better than the comic.

Zemo's plan was crazy to me because the execution was extra but ripping them apart with that secret was genius.

Hell he won.

there was only that one DC fanboy who didn't like this movie

in the same post he said "i want both the MCU and DCU to be great, I have no bias" and like two lines later "I dont want this movie to make any money" 
laugh.gif

Hmm, T'Challa really doesn't have a prominent Rogues Gallery like Batman or Spider-Man, but he has notable villains still. There was Death Tiger a while back, who was like an evil Black Panther for all intents and purposes and he was actually from Wakanda. Panther's clashed with Doom more than once and they even had a mini-event about such an encounter called Doomwar in 2010, where Doom outright attacked Wakanda for its Vibranium. Erik Killmonger might be one of the most infamous and he's notable for having actually gone toe to toe with T'Challa at different points and not been defeated. He's also from Wakanda so that gives them a personal connection. Furthermore, he was raised as a slave by Ulysses Klaw and hated T'Challa's father with a passion. Klaw himself, in the comics, is the one who killed T'Challa's father and is another of his enemies. There's also Man-Ape, who is from Wakanda, bathed in the blood of a White Gorilla to gain his powers, and has challenged T'Challa for the throne of Wakanda multiple times.

Over the last few years i'd honestly have to throw Namor as one of his most recurring foes as well and really just the way their antagonism towards one another built up was handled very well, being an idea that carried over through multiple different series. As the kings of their own nations they always had a certain amount of respect for each other, meeting at various different points throughout their respective histories and then their interaction increased when they joined the Illuminati with Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Professor X, Dr. Strange, and Black Bolt. However, things took a turn for the worse when Namor gained part of the power from the Phoenix Force and subsequently sank Wakanda, killing thousands of its citizens under the Force's influence. They continued to work together in the Illuminati afterwards, but T'Challa made it clear he planned to kill Namor and things escalated from there, and the universe (leading into last year's Secret War event) actually ended with T'Challa making good on that promise and leaving Namor for dead on an exploding planet (Though Namor managed to survive with some help).

thanks for the synopsis :smokin

940 mil WW. Not bad. Not bad.

The MCU has officially grossed 10 billion :x

disney is just printing money right now. probably bought star wars straight cash homie :x

there was only that one DC fanboy who didn't like this movie

in the same post he said "i want both the MCU and DCU to be great, I have no bias" and like two lines later "I dont want this movie to make any money" :lol:

lulz wut.

is there really such thing as dc and marvel fanboys or is it an inside joke :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom