WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I'm trying to tell you, young homie Peter has smashed more boxes than entire teams of heroes put together :smokin These films wanna lie to the audience and make people think he only ever focused on MJ or Gwen :smh:

Son had Spider-Man in his damn movie but couldn't pull the numbers of other superhero flicks :smh:

We just saw a film with superman, batman and Wonder Woman in it together that couldn't even make a billi. I like what civil war did and what it was for the MCU. It was like a 10 y/o wrote the screenplay. Black Panther coming outta nowhere, Spiderman coming outta nowhere. Everyone fighting. Amazing.
This coming from a dude who once said Spidey in an Avengers movie would do 5 billi or something :lol:

Here's some Spidey director news you guys can discuss :lol:

DIRECTOR JON WATTS HOPES TO REFLECT THE DIVERSITY OF QUEENS IN "SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

"Peter Parker goes to high school in Queens, and Queens is one of -- if not the -- most diverse places in the world," he explained. "So I just wanted it to reflect what that actually looks like."

However, he isn't about to spill any details about who these actors will be playing any time soon. "I probably can't say anything. There's a little sniper dot on me at all times, just in case. They'll hit me with a tranq dart."

Indeed, when asked if Glover will have anything to do with Miles Morales, Watts added, "I can't talk about anything like that! That would have been so amazing, if I'd just completely spilled some secret like that by accident."

As to his direction for Spider-Man, he shared, "It's been really fun to just look for things that none of the other 'Spider-Man' movies have really explored before, and decide if that's something we want to work into that. And really making it a high school movie, and committing to that, and not having that just be the beginning of the movie. The John Hughes sort of tone. When you're looking at it through that prism, it really opens up the door to a lot of possibilities."

"It was already a moving train when I got on board, but I came on right as they got Tom [Holland], and so I knew everything that was happening with 'Civil War,'" he recalled. "I was there when they were shooting it and sort of lurking in the back, looking over the Russos' shoulders, and I had ideas about this and that. We were already on the same page, but it was great because I got to sort of meet everyone and see what they were doing with it, and that informed where we eventually took it."

John Hughes?

I dunno how I feel about that. We talking Sixteen candles or Ferris Buellers day off?

Better be Trains planes and automobiles

John Hughes has been referenced so much that I think I might just watch one of his movies before the weekend is over..

He did Ferris Buellers Day Off right? I only vaguely know of that movie.

*edit

16 Candles too? Lol. I might just watch that instead. It's been referenced way way more often in movies I've seen.

Last edited:
His definitive movie is Breakfast club, but he also did Weird Science and wrote Pretty in pink

He also made Uncle Buck but I loved that movie since we had it on video

They've been talking about the "John Hughes" tone for a while now. And that's a decision I agree with. If this is a high school flick, it should be a quirky comedy tone-wise. Little bit of fourth wall addressing too.

Last edited:
They've been talking about the "John Hughes" tone for a while now. And that's a decision I agree with. If this is a high school flick, it should be a quirky comedy tone-wise. Little bit of fourth wall addressing too.

No I'm not down with spidey fourth wall breaking :x

No I'm not down with spidey fourth wall breaking
sick.gif
I didn't say "breaking", I said "addressing". Like narration. Spidey leans on the fourth wall all the time.

Fourth wall addressing? That sounds like a made up term but I get it after your explanation.

Spidey did a lot of 4th wall breaking in that crappy cartoon. So I can see ppl just hating that.

Narration is fine. Talking to himself type stuff.

Spider-Man breaking the 4th wall in Ultimate Spider-Man is one of many reasons I stopped watching that show :lol:

Man I'm talking about the way Raimi made Toby narrate in the beginning of SM1 :lol:. That was borderline leaning on the fourth wall but not egregious. He was literally talking to the viewer.

If they're going for a Ferris Bueller vibe with Homecoming then there definitely needs to be a bit of hilarious monologuing, narration, and lots of spidey talking/thinking out loud to himself.

He did that in Spectacular Spider-Man and the OG 90s series. Hell he did it in the original Lee/Ditko run

Last edited:
Yeah, the kind of stuff from the animated series and the comics, where you just hear/see what he's thinking to himself, rather than him directly talking to you, is perfectly fine. It's when the entire show will pause and he turns to speak and ask questions to the audience that it gets out of hand.

This coming from a dude who once said Spidey in an Avengers movie would do 5 billi or something :lol:

Civil war wasn't an avengers movie, it was a Captain America film >D

As far as the "John Hughes tone" for Homecoming I can see where that would work. I just need the action scenes to be full on ridiculous, especially if Vulture is the villain.

Lol @ people wanting Gambino to be Miles Morales. Dude is like 30. Nobody like Morales anyway

Cop car was good, still would like to see how they got to that decision though. Maybe it's how he directed the kids.

Maybe when he refers to John Hughes type of feel, he's referring to that coming of age approach. I mean the kid is 16, just got to work with the Avengers, and he's still in HS. He'll probably be a senior. I predict it'll have that "what are we going to do after high school" type of story with his friends.. kind of like Super Bad.

Civil war wasn't an avengers movie, it was a Captain America film >D
I didn't say it was.

But use some logic. If Spidey in a Cap movie can't make it do 3 Nikki how is Spidey in an Avengers movie gonna do 5?

Not to restate things but you overestimate Spidey's box office bump.

[quote name="lamekilla" url="/t/583561/marvel-c-u-thread-war-on-civil-war-thor-ragnarok-cast-announced/30400_100#p] Nobody like Morales anyway[/quote]
Stop being a delusional hater.

Last edited:
The simplest way to approach Miles in a movie is to adapt some of Peter's best stories and villains to him but keep his family and Ganke because they're strong and interesting characters. Maybe throw in this budding romance with Ms. Marvel that's happening but they would have had to introduce Captain Marvel earlier.

I was for just completely skipping Peter Parker in the MCU. This is the third iteration in 10 years. Just from a visual standpoint, we've seen enough of nerdy white kid with brown hair in a red and blue suit. Especially since Miles is clearly a full-fledged Avenger now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom