WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I just realized the most powerful person in the cinematic marvel universe is The Collector that has been introduced so far. Cause in all honesty The Collector could wash Thanos if he chose to.

Tom Holland needs to be in a few more movies so we can have a vid of him watching Tobey watching Andrew watching the trailer as he laughs :lol:

The whole problem behind that is first the anger is midirected at Swinton when it should be aimed at Marvel and whoever gave the okay on that casting.

When it comes to this kind of race swapping and it being the modern day I'm sure many minorities would assume Swinton would know why the situation is ****** up. She apparently is oblivious though which is a shame.

That she knows no Asian ppl that are close to her to give her a clue compounds that.

This would be like Idris Elba being cast as James Bond, getting hate from racist Bond fans, then wondering why truly confused, and asking Russell Brand who he doesn't know why so many ppl are mad :lol:

Last edited:
As an Asian, I think it's stupid for peeps to be mad at Tilda. She was just doing her job. Be mad at the ppl who hired her.

Also it helps if you choose your roles right to completely avoid this.

The difference between Last Samurai and 47 Robin even though Keanu is part Asian.

The whole problem behind that is first the anger is midirected at Swinton when it should be aimed at Marvel and whoever gave the okay on that casting.

When it comes to this kind of race swapping and it being the modern day I'm sure many minorities would assume Swinton would know why the situation is ****** up. She apparently is oblivious though which is a shame.

That she knows no Asian ppl that are close to her to give her a clue compounds that.

This would be like Idris Elba being cast as James Bond, getting hate from racist Bond fans, then wondering why truly confused, and asking Russell Brand who he doesn't know why so many ppl are mad :lol:

on point comparison :lol:

I just wanna see surtur..

wonder how they going pull of gladiator hulk, considering they got his movements kinda ape like

Just wanna keep reiterating that this film will be to Thor what Cap to was for the nazi himself

CIVIL WAR Comic Book Scribe Mark Millar Wasn't A Fan Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

"Civil War had a good opening twenty mins, but then I honestly can't remember what the movie was about," he says over at Millarworld. "It's interesting the Russos have a background in comedy because it's really missing in these otherwise well-made pictures and very, very missed. I really hope this bleakness doesn't extend into their two Avengers pictures because what made that first Avengers work was the light as well as shade and I'll be sad if that's all lost like it was in this picture."

After slating Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, the writer did find some good things to say about Fox's recently Marvel movies.

"Batman Vs Superman I think we should just leave alone. Like Suicide Squad, WB has just decided to go a certain way with these movies and their logic is that they don't want to look like Marvel films. It's not how I feel these characters work best and sadly my DC-obsessed kids (I'm a DC guy way more than I'm a Marvel guy) can't see their favourite characters in the cinema. Their TV and animation departments are working beautifully. I'd love to see some of that same light applied to their theatrical division.

I liked Deadpool and it had some really nice action sequences, the third act especially impressive give they had about 10p to make this movie. X-Men: Apocalypse was also good. After 16 years and 8 pictures, we've seen a lot of these characters, but I'm still invested and after a lot of comic-book flicks that just feel part of a wider, not that interesting story that never ends I kind of liked the sense of completeness this movie had. The Prof X turning on Apocalypse stuff at the end was pretty good and overall it had some good moments. Not up there with DOFP, but still enjoyable."

I feel that if you think Civil War was lacking in comedy and that it's a problem you don't really understand the concept of the event at all. It isn't supposed to have a lot of comedy to begin with. Yes, teammates and friends, heroes fighting each other creates a bleak film. What a surprise. :rolleyes Of course Avengers was more lighthearted. Recognize that this is one giant story however, with everything being connected, and you'll see the movement from that initial lightheartedness to the bleakness you see present at the conclusion of Civil War. The heroes go from ending their films with solid wins to victories that come with a high cost, either in body count, morale, or both. Civil War, just like Age of Ultron, is a result of that shift. But, if you can't remember what the film was about i'm not surprised that this would all be missed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom