WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

What's recently? Because the last MvC game released in like 2011/2012. Recently, as in the past few years, they've mostly been focusing on games for the smart phone, with a few console releases as well.

Right, that's why I said outside of MvC

Within the past few years you can't name a unanimously fantastic Marvel game except maybe Shattered Dimensions

Whereas with DC you got several classics.

Naah, Web of Shadows was just a great game overall, as was Shattered Dimensions. Edge of Time now, was just a decent game. Have yet to play either Amazing Spider-Man or Amazing Spider-Man 2, but I heard good reveiws for the first, and so-so reviews for the second.

Web of Shadows was

Kill x, x amount of times

Do y, y amount of times

Save z amount of zs

Insult to injury, the game literally has that plastered on the damn screen at all times.

Repetitve and uninspired mission structure, a large but lifeless and hollow city, lack of dynamism in the structure of the missions and zero random events that SM2 and USM had 6 and 3 years earlier, piss poor voice acting, fun swinging and combat, fun boss battles, glitchy.

That averages out as a 6/10 in my book

Edge of Time is weak to me.

The Amazing Spider-Man games are feces. Both of em. I bought ASM2 like a year ago and still want my $30 back. Only good things are the costumes. Don't play either of them

But none of these games are AAA developed like Spidey PS4 will be. So I'm holding out hope and being very optimistic. Put some damn respek and proper development on your games, Marvel.

Last edited:
Mavel vs. capcom series of games are capcom games. Marvel never did anything more than give capcom access to their comic library. Capcom would pick characters that were popular with Japanese audiences, which at the time were the Xmen and the heavy marvel hitters from the 90's like Venom along with many other obscure characters. The Japanese LOVE Shuma-Gorath. MvC3 was the first time Marvel told Capcom which of their characters they could and couldn't use. Marvel wanted to respect the trend of the series with many of the Marvel mainstays of the game and those that the Japanese loved like but their ulterior motive was making Capcom use Marvel characters that were lower on the popularity list but Marvel had big plans for. This is why we were playing with Rocket Raccoon and Dr. Strange and had no idea then why capcom got THAT obscure with the Marvel character selection.

With MvC infinite from what I heard, Marvel is handpicking their side and Capcom is handpicking their side, a first for the series. Both will be in cooperation to honor the legacy of the game, have each fighter have a perspective counter part on each side and promote upcoming properties with both film and games.

What's recently? Because the last MvC game released in like 2011/2012. Recently, as in the past few years, they've mostly been focusing on games for the smart phone, with a few console releases as well.

Right, that's why I said outside of MvC

Within the past few years you can't name a unanimously fantastic Marvel game except maybe Shattered Dimensions

Whereas with DC you got several classics.

Naah, Web of Shadows was just a great game overall, as was Shattered Dimensions. Edge of Time now, was just a decent game. Have yet to play either Amazing Spider-Man or Amazing Spider-Man 2, but I heard good reveiws for the first, and so-so reviews for the second.

Web of Shadows was

Kill x, x amount of times

Do y, y amount of times

Save z amount of zs

Insult to injury, the game literally has that plastered on the damn screen at all times.

Repetitve and uninspired mission structure, a large but lifeless and hollow city, lack of dynamism in the structure of the missions and zero random events that SM2 and USM had 6 and 3 years earlier, piss poor voice acting, fun swinging and combat, fun boss battles, glitchy.

That averages out as a 6/10 in my book

Edge of Time is weak to me.

The Amazing Spider-Man games are feces. Both of em. I bought ASM2 like a year ago and still want my $30 back. Only good things are the costumes. Don't play either of them

But none of these games are AAA developed like Spidey PS4 will be. So I'm holding out hope and being very optimistic. Put some damn respek and proper development on your games, Marvel.

All you have for DC is the Arkham games, which really just falls into one timeframe, just like the Dark Knight Trilogy does. Yeah, they're great games, but they've got nothing before that. :lol:

Naah. Web of Shadows gave you an original storyline, which was open-ended, offering two completely different routes for the story to go, had excellent boss fights and really excellent combat mechanics overall, a large environment to roam through, increasing difficulty over time, plus unique powers that went beyond the typical ones you see Spider-Man using. Agreed on the lack of random events, since the game wasn't perfect, but it was a great game overall. It's got pros and cons to it, just like Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man did. In terms of repetition, I have yet to see any Marvel game that doesn't start to fall into that over time. Really most games with fighting have some amount of repetition.

Last edited:
Haven't played a Spidey game in a long time. I'm praying and expecting open world and non linear. If he's a student, being able to enter the school. Being able to enter his home. Enter Harry's home. Anytime you want. Being able to explore Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx. Explore central park. Take the train if you want. Or you can choose to Spidey sling everywhere. Being able to enter certain high rises through any window. The place being super explorable and anything is a battleground. You can fight on the Manhattan bridge or on the fdr.

I have this game pretty built up in my mind already. Game will probably not meet my expectations because of that lmao

Knowing Coogler he gonna **** around and touch on some real **** with those flashbacks. BP getting racially profiled, maybe he bumping some Pac maybe some Spice 1.

I almost rather have the MCU go the Netflix route. Full seasons are more enjoyable than just a 2 hr movie that I'll watch once or twice. And I love every MCU movie I've seen, but the Netflix route is more enjoyable.

I like both formats. I just wish we could see them crossover. Kingpin and Daredevil need to appear in the Spidey films at least once.

Since December I've been playing this game called final fantasy 15 whenever I had the free time.

It would be beautiful being able to play a game based on the mcu with an open world like FF15 and FF15's play style [emoji]128525[/emoji] I can imagine using Cap like I use Noctis and just driving around in a car with my 3 other favorite Avengers all day. [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]

KingdomFlatbush KingdomFlatbush Wouldn't you agree. A video game based on the mcu with the FF15 engine [emoji]128525[/emoji]
"Skrulls above us!"

Back
Top Bottom