WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Loved it. Better than the first which i thought was overrated. This is the movie i thought Vol 1 was gonna be.

I'm Mary Poppins Yall hands down made the movie god tier to me. Funniest line in movie.

I dunno why but Peter and Rocket flying together like best friends had my theater in stitches **** shoulda had a rainbow behind them.

Loved how everyone had their own mini arc in the movie. Yondu was a real one, shout to the OG Guardians i know they coming in Vol 3.

CW
Vol 2
WS
I liked this more than Avengers and IM. As much i love IM, they are making higher quality films year by year its gonna keep sliding down the ranking.

Also the movie is currently at 91% on RT so can't see how critics dropped the ball lol

Props to Gunn on the charwvters he fleshed out and added so much depth too.

Nebula :wow: Son made Nebula a compelling character in layers b. Layers. This is a true feat. Nebula is gone dead and forgotten in comics. Gamora barely sees her as a sister. Her claim to fame is the few seconds she wore the infinity gauntlet. In the MCU though, man that relationship with Gamora:smh: Those two working out their feels was great.

Then Ego. Kurt was a great villain. Gunn really picked stuff from the comics that can be overlooked cuz it's comics and made him a real threat to the Galaxy. I see he took things from the not so good Marvel event, Maximum Security for his threat but really hammered home how warped Ego is due to being alone and finding no interest in other sentient beings.

Zik and I agree on Nebula :pimp:

She became a compelling mcu character in my eye, for real

I really, really hope she gets a huge chunk of time in the Infinity War movies. But given that there's a whole lot of ppl to juggle, that's wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's crazy. Its especially notwworthy cuz the character is nobody in the comics :lol:

I like Karen a lot too so it was good seeing her use her acting skills more.

I would watch GotG 2 again just for the Nebula Gamora scenes. But I also happen to like the rest of the movie so that's a bonus lol

I figure to watch GotG next Saturday, my schedule permitting. But I have a feeling I might just end up watching on Wed [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
saw GOTG2 last night... it was awesome. loved it just as much as the first one. i did think the pacing was a bit too fast but its whatever.

For me, I didn't think the pacing was too fast at all. If anything, what I liked about the movie was that I felt it took its time and didn't rush through the plot. It was able to slow down and isolate the characters and let them have their one on one moments.

The pattern seems to be that ppl who critique the movie a little more heavily wanted a faster paced movie with a more complex plot and less of the character bonding moments.

Last edited:
I could see how some would think it was too fast paced.. they did have a lot going.. it was a better executed AOU

Movie could have easily been 15-30 mins longer and I don't think people complain about the length

Cause then you're adding more to certain story lines.. hell im still not sure if the Stallone scene was a flashback or not, cause it works either way

As far as mcu films go idk if it's fast paced. In comparison, cw felt like an assembly line of scenes that couldn't slow down even for a moment. I feel like that was breakneck pace compared to GotG 2. Cw had to be tightly written and check a box before moving on to another box, and so on and so on, otherwise the movie would've been 4 hours long lol

Vol 2 really had no plot and because of that, it was able to take its time and give us Yondu and Raccoon, Gamora and Nebula, Gamora and Peter, Mantis and Drax, etc.

Last edited:
Didn't even think of this.

The Watchers may appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as a joke relating to Stan Lee, but their appearance is still very interesting. Most of us assumed that Uatu and this group belong to Fox as part of the Fantastic Four franchise, so this could either be an indication that Marvel Studios has regained the rights to that team and the characters related to them or that they reached a deal with Fox similar to the Ego/Negasonic Teenage Warhead swap.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guar...it-sets-up-the-future-of-the-mcu-a150705?cp=7

As far as mcu films go idk if it's fast paced. In comparison, cw felt like an assembly line of scenes that couldn't slow down even for a moment. I feel like that was breakneck pace compared to GotG 2. Cw had to be tightly written and check a box before moving on to another box, and so on and so on, otherwise the movie would've been 4 hours long lol

Vol 2 really had no plot and because of that, it was able to take its time and give us Yondu and Raccoon, Gamora and Nebula, Gamora and Peter, Mantis and Drax, etc.

My biggest complaint about vol 2 is some stories not going far enough or wrapping too neatly..

CW felt right to me, didn't need more to be added or anything..

AOU is the film where I get that feeling of them just hitting point marks outside of the hawkeye family stuff and even that felt like that had to get off the grid and lay low for a bit.. just felt like they were going from set piece to set piece with a lot going.. IM2 had that too, but was poorly executed

It really hurts AOU, because you don't realize how well done a far amount of that film was

Neil Degrasse Tyson posted a video about the validity of the science. Seems unnecessary, but he did it.

I got to say that GotG feels like a real family. With the Avengers you don't get that outside of Bucky and Cap. The Avengers are pretty much just coworkers.

Didn't even think of this.

The Watchers may appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as a joke relating to Stan Lee, but their appearance is still very interesting. Most of us assumed that Uatu and this group belong to Fox as part of the Fantastic Four franchise, so this could either be an indication that Marvel Studios has regained the rights to that team and the characters related to them or that they reached a deal with Fox similar to the Ego/Negasonic Teenage Warhead swap.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guar...it-sets-up-the-future-of-the-mcu-a150705?cp=7

been discussed ad nauseam

With the Avengers you don't get that outside of Bucky and Cap. The Avengers are pretty much just coworkers.

Science bros >

And can already see where tony will fit in with the GOTG crew.. what cap hydra going do?

Just saw it again, and this is without a doubt my favorite MCU movie. Didn't think they'd top CW but they did.

Gunn really amplified the sequel in every way. If this was any other director doing this movie, I could easily see them having that big *** monster they defeated in the beginning as the villain for the whole film and not having the emotional impact it had

Comedy was on point for me and nothing felt forced. Characters moved the plot which was cool to me. Dividing them up is probably the best attempt to give them all their moments, and they all did have one although for me I felt as if Gamora got the short end of the stick, while Nebula shined. She made Thanos' presence felt without having to show him. Probably how they should've handled it in the first

Russell as Ego was great. Just enough depth, motive, and coldness to make him a good villain.

I haven't watched enough films that take place in space so I can't say if it changes the game or anything, but this is a space epic and it sure does raise the bar.

Last edited:
Just watched the movie a few hours ago and after walking out of the theatre I was stuck behind 2-3 12/13 year boys saying, "that movie was nothing like Star Wars." [emoji]128528[/emoji]

I got to say that GotG feels like a real family. With the Avengers you don't get that outside of Bucky and Cap. The Avengers are pretty much just coworkers.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait for them to get to Earth. The Zune jokes are going to fly if anyone ever sees it.
I already got Stark making fun of him for having a damn zune and by the end of the 2nd movie giving him an iPod or "StarkPod" with 3 terabytes of music on it so he can catch up on the 3 decades of Earth music he missed out on :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom