WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I always thought it was the Spidey and xmen movies that inspired the mcu

I'm not sure if most ppl are even aware that Blade is a marvel character
You'd be wrong on both counts.

I find it odd given how much these facts are repeated in these threads.

That last statement is especially stupid. The Blade movies raised Blade's popularity immensely. I'm not sure what most ppl you know but most who are aware of Blade know he's a Marvel character.

It was because Blade was one of the few film properties Marvel still had full control over that they were able to partner with New Line Cinema to get the ball rolling. The Blade films were a success because Marvel's return on investment with a recognizable yet not as popular star in Wesley Snipes. It gave Marvel the go ahead to green light Iron Man and ambitiously the group that Iron Man is known to fight along side with. If I'm not mistaken Avi Arad had a hand in exec. producing iron man as well
Arad's listed as producer or executive produced for IM and IH..

He's even listed as one for ASM2. Despite resigning his Marvel positions back in 06.

Last edited:
It was because Blade was one of the few film properties Marvel still had full control over that they were able to partner with New Line Cinema to get the ball rolling. The Blade films were a success because Marvel's return on investment with a recognizable yet not as popular star in Wesley Snipes. It gave Marvel the go ahead to green light Iron Man and ambitiously the group that Iron Man is known to fight along side with. If I'm not mistaken Avi Arad had a hand in exec. producing iron man as well

Ahhh ok

Willow > Mantis

Mantis-Willow.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of the Zune scene in VOL. 2,,,, is it me or was Quill legit surprised there were over 300 songs on that thing? After all the sh*t he's seen over the years, a gadget that holds hundreds of songs is surprising to him?

That's me being nitpicky but again, I could be remembering the scene wrong.

Speaking of the Zune scene in VOL. 2,,,, is it me or was Quill legit surprised there were over 300 songs on that thing? After all the sh*t he's seen over the years, a gadget that holds hundreds of songs is surprising to him?

You're just looking at it from a completely different lens. All that crazy stuff is normal to him, the beasts, powers they have and all that. As far as music, all he had to and known of was that walkman so it's not surprising he'd act that way.

Last edited:

You're just looking at it from a completely different lens. All that crazy stuff is normal to him, the beasts, powers they have and all that. As far as music, all he had to and known of was that walkman so it's not surprising he'd act that way.
I considered that too (moreso the technology than the powers and beasts thing) but then I remembered that other scene where Rocket asks Yondu if any of Peter's music is archived in the ship. So clearly, music as a file that is transferable across different mediums is a thing he has seen. But idk. You could be right. I am just being nitpicky

Last edited:
Nah I'm kinda in the same boat so everyone knows about earth yondu done been there, people know about music and what not so the technology of q ipod is mankinds greatest secret?

He tripping about the zune is weird to me

Quill knows about earth of course but he hasn't been back since he was abducted, he's been far far away there's no way to know if he got like regular updates on earth tech

It's not about the tech. It's the fact that it has 300 songs from EARTH on it. Y'all really think dude was tripping on the memory capacity? :lol: No. He's happy it has 300 songs on it that he's probably never heard. Think about it. :lol: [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

Well **** ima he more nitpicky so the English language can travel universe but they ain't got the chronic? ***** please

My major nitpick with GOTG2 wasn't the Zune but the fact that they say "we have to go through this quantum asteroid field to get to this warp point" in the beginning....

And then one generic asteroid belt scene later we hear "oh now, the Sovereign went AROUND the quantum asteroid belt and still somehow did it in enough time to corner us!!"

:lol:

My major nitpick with GOTG2 wasn't the Zune but the fact that they say "we have to go through this quantum asteroid field to get to this warp point" in the beginning....

And then one generic asteroid belt scene later we hear "oh now, the Sovereign went AROUND the quantum asteroid belt and still somehow did it in enough time to corner us!!"

If Rocket and Peter wasn't having their macho off, I'm sure the Sovereign wouldn't have made it around in time.

Yeah that **** bothered me.

Yeah, I think that was the quickest and dumbest way to the jump point and they weren't as focused on getting there as they were trying to be the man/raccoon in charge.

I really liked Gamora being the voice of reason after the second viewing. I enjoyed Drax and Rocket too. Yondu was that dude. Solid movie for sure. I still put it in the top 5 for the MCU.

Last edited:
I've been wondering if other characters get any of his earth pop culture references. Was watching the first movie again and quill said his line about his ship looking like a pollock painting if they shined a blacklight and then rocket replies by saying quill has issues.

Last edited:
I'm really on my way to work jamming, listening to this Vol.2 playlist. I feel like I have a new appreciation for music after this movie :lol: This is incredible.

I'm in my early 20's so I've never heard a lot of this stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom