WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Eh if the guy didn't like the trailer that's cool. It's not like it was the greatest thing.

But Grace being all judgmental. That's just stupid.

I stopped listening to Grace when she said the Suicide Squad trailers were bad. I'm sorry, I may not have liked the movie but those trailers were good.

Been looking forward to the BP movie. I think I was the only one who clapped during Civil War when he showed up on screen.

I was gonna make this my avy, but I think someone else on NT has it

View media item 2465154

I just had a crazy thought. This is pure fan fiction, but what if the main Avengers were out of commission somehow post-IW and they made War Machine, Vision and Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Winter Soldier, etc. movies. Then they all linked up for the end of the phase with the main Avengers back in action. It would be an epic moment.

:wow:

Don't they have different groups like the west coast avengers? They have so many members and yet to be introduced members that they can mix them up.

Danai Gurira ae Okoye in Black Panther will appear in Infinity War
Don't know if I missed it but I'm hoping for the Emma Thompson confirmation :nerd:

quicksilver + every villain in MCU not named Loki
:lol:

I still think it'd be cool to see him revived in the 2nd movie via the ig.

My dude QS. Done dirty.

D.C. Has a million speedsters with their own books and all. But, QS can't get any love.

Did they ever have a QS and Scarlett book?
That would be a dope series I think.

I still have hopes we see Pietro
We had this discussion before but Marvel, specifically when it found success in the 60s after "DC" found some success slightly before with certain heroes (a new Flash and Green Lantern) just did not do key similar things from then on.

Marvel's never been big on speedsters. Still arent. QS is regarded as very fast but they haven't bothered going the depths DC has with the speed force. O don't think he's even regarded as the fastest person on the planet. There aren't any major heroes with a magic or cosmic ring. The whole GL thing Stan, Jack, Steve, etc. ain't **** with. Eventually there'd be some space police force knockoff but not propped up like that.

Similar with Marvel's approach on alien heroes (whether you're thinking Supes or the Martian), their lack of main Marvel female hero, etc. They found their lane and didn't really vother imitating.

He's more an X-Man/X-Factorial than an Avenger anyway
Not really. Dude was an Avenger for like 30 or 40 years.

Depending on the universe he was never a X-Man but more a villain for a while to them and then when the Avengers were done with him and his sister and he got wrapped back up with his "father" dude ended up in a really good X-Factor run still regarded as a bad guy.

If we go by that, he's more of an Inhuman character as well.

James Gunn wrestles with changing canon for Guardians Vol. 3

Even before Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 opened in theaters a few weeks ago, James Gunn was already attached to write and direct a follow-up to conclude the trilogy and even revealed he had already begun writing the sequel. Speaking at the World Building panel (via Cinema Blend) at this year’s E3, Gunn opened up about his progress and a change he’s considering making for a story he wants to tell.

“I’m writing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and I finished the first draft of the treatment yesterday, which I’m excited about it and I feel really great about it. But there’s one little thing that I had in the first movie… Now, Marvel, MCU canon is crazy and I’ll get super geeky for two seconds. There’s the 616 universe which is the Marvel Comics Universe, which people get hung up on that canon, and then there’s the MCU, The Marvel Cinematic Universe, which has a separate canon which is inspired by but not exactly the same as the 616. I did something in the first movie of Guardians where it was in the background but it was distinctly there, and people know that it’s there. And I’m like goddammit because I have a really good storytelling reason for breaking the canon, and I stayed up last night figuring out if I’m gonna do it or not. I still don’t know.”

When pressed, by none other than talking tree-opponent Neil deGrasse Tyson, Gunn revealed the detail stems from details in the background of the first film.

“I’ll actually tell you. In the first movie there is the mugshot sequence where the characters go through and they’re going through the mugshots and having their picture taken and the Nova Corps has information about each of the characters coming up on their little machinery. Now, those things are something that your average viewer doesn’t see at all and doesn’t read, but there’s a lot of background I put into those things about who they’ve worked with, where they’re from, what’s going on. And it’s one of those things that I’m thinking about changing.”

Within the context of the scene Gunn mentioned, there are a couple of different things detailed about the characters, such as specifics about their different augmentations, but only a few things that seem like they would keep Gunn up at night. Some of those potential details include: Gamora as “last survivor of the Zehoberei People,” Rocket’s origin on Halfworld and his association with “Lylla” (both of which are from the pages of Marvel comics), or potentially Groot’s origin of X (a reference to his Planet X origin in the comics) and his own association with an unknown “Tibius Lark.” We’re not sure which of these (or another unnamed piece of info) Gunn is wrestling with and we’ll likely have to wait until 2020 for the answer.
I get it. He'll break comics canon but is struggling with breaking his own and trying to rationalize it.

Could just say the Nova corps had wrong it incomplete info.

To me, the way he's changed things about Quill and Drax I don't see his problem.

Ummmmm.. so I saw this pop up when i opened YouTube.. and figured everyone is entitled to their opinion and let me see why they feel the need to even put this video out there

I don't think I've seen or heard the opinion of anyone who isn't/wasn't hyped.. not that I expect everyone to be, not everyone is going feel the same way about everything.. but the response to the teaser seemed to be overwhelmingly positive

I found some of the comments a bit odd

Their initial review (haven't watched this):

Not surprised Grace is a easily triggered racist.

Don't they have different groups like the west coast avengers? They have so many members and yet to be introduced members that they can mix them up.
Yeah, they do. Although WCA hasn't been a thing since the 90s and probably never will be again. The concept of it is back when the Avengers still felt local and not even domestic nationwide despite some of their global and cosmic adventures.

If other teams are made/get movies they'll have adjectives like "New", "Mighty", "Secret", "Astonishing", "Ultimate", "Uncanny", "Dark", etc.

Great Lake Avengers >
:lol:

Last edited:
People have a strong dislike for trailer reactions, I get it...but this reaction is :rofl: :rofl: :smokin

I enjoy the hell out of reaction trailers as well as the mashups. Watching Walking Dead and GoT reactions are awesome. It's great to see how emotionally invested people get to tv shows.

Dudes were hyped. I feel like most of us reacted the same way. I rewound the video 4 times in whatever quarter of the Finals it came on in. (I think the first). I've lost count of how many times I've watched it.

Glad I picked this up while it was available.

View media item 2465912

It's funny talking to ppl I know IRL about the upcoming mcu movies

Some are most hypes about black panther

Some for Ragnarok

Others for Homecoming

Seems to be pretty evenly split among fans I know IRL

People have a strong dislike for trailer reactions, I get it...but this reaction is 
roll.gif
roll.gif
smokin.gif

These cats had the best reaction imo

" MEOWWWW "

It's funny talking to ppl I know IRL about the upcoming mcu movies

Some are most hypes about black panther

Some for Ragnarok

Others for Homecoming

Seems to be pretty evenly split among fans I know IRL

Only one of my friends keeps up with the cb movies. My brother already had cbm fatigue a year ago and thinks the majority of them suck.

Back
Top Bottom