WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

The last 2 spidey movies were meh. Different studio and different everything now but I can see some skipping this. I can wait to see high school spiderman again for a third movie series.

Last edited:
What? you don't think Spider-man will open at 100 mill on a holiday weekend?
I may very well be wrong, but I just feel like there's spiderman fatigue. Of cource the MCU fans will turn out to see this movie, but other than that I don't see it doing those kind of numbers.

TASM2 opening weekend didn't crack the 100 million mark

I know, different movie/studio. 

I think Downeys pull is strong.

That's why they promoting him a ton too.

I can see the fatigue factor. I think it just has to be an awesome film to get that word of mouth.

It's all about the reviews at this point. If the reviews are rave the film will hit a billi. Spider-Man is just too marketable.

I can agree with the spidey fatigue and being tired of Peter in HS, but this franchise is a steamroller at this point. Plus folks are still just assuming the trailer spoils any big surprises in the film. I myself am less excited than for previous ones, but i'll still see it and it'll bank no doubt.

I think of that like people claiming fatigue with CBMs on the whole when one does poorly.. make good movies and people will see them

I could, but it's the damn Spider-Man. Grown up want to see and of course they gonna take the kids.

This film is about to make money off the children.

people been declaring fatigue and bubble bursting for years now yet these films are averaging $700m at the box office and breaking records in the process

Last edited:
They're overdoing it with the advertising. That can have a reverse affect, believe it or not

No way they're topping deadpool.. and deadpool showed a ton in their advertising

Again, quality movie and it will do numbers

Deadpool was advertising in a different way. They were doing unusual funny posters and funny clips that showed absolutely no movie footage.

Spiderman is advertising in a way that makes ppl think they've seen the whole movie already

Last edited:
Na. i think this has way more advertising. But! Deadpool was awesome advertising.

That, badass, smartass, great *** always gets me. Also the skull poop, whatever was hilarious as well.

This is more in your face. I'm betting the finals commercials helped a ton too.

They're overdoing it with the advertising. That can have a reverse affect, believe it or not

No way they're topping deadpool.. and deadpool showed a ton in their advertising

Again, quality movie and it will do numbers

Deadpool was advertising in a different way. They were doing unusual funny posters and funny clips that showed absolutely no movie footage.

Spiderman is advertising in a way that makes ppl think they've seen the whole movie already

They showed a significant amount of the action sequences in the trailers.. and they showed a significant amount of the story

All the things people are now complaining about

Fatigue is one of those convenient things that get thrown around without real context.. people ain't tired of xmen movies, they tired of or not interested in crap xmen movies

First 2 deadpool trailers.. and there was a crap ton of other advertising done

People love Dumb Action

To a degree.. cause not all dumb action is going sell..

FF I don't think is replicable.. capitalized on the rice rocket craze and street racing, then had likeable characters.. I think once vin and those age out, the series is done

But with transformers, you would think that would trigger a voltron movie or one of those gundam based animes.. or pump more money into power rangers.. pacific rim did pretty ok

China only got PR $4m, they made more in Brazil & Mexico with $5m each and UK with $6m.

It's only at $140m worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom