WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I was thinking Power Rangers for some reason :lol:

If it's Pacific Rim, then China actually saved that film making $111m from there while in Japan it only made $14m but to be fair, Japan is a much smaller country.

I do. 100 mil is a terribly low estimate if it's accurate.

Probably would've hit that number anyway without the od advertising

Last edited:
For one, y'all put too much in the advertising. Only people watching all that is folks like us. Gen audience isn't that dedicated. And again, if y'all are watching all the trailers that's on y'all. Two, coming off of an acclaimed performance in Civil War, which many are forgetting about, along with RDJ, it will most definitely top that. Early estimates had WW at $63 mill and ended up doing $100 mill. Obviously a different movie and achieved different things, but it will do more than $100 mill with little no competition besides the planet of the ape movie which I have surprisingly seen little of when it comes to marketing.

sounds about right

SM Opening #s
SM1 - $114m
SM2 - $88m
SM3 - $151m
ASM1 - $62m
ASM2 - $91m

it's all about the legs it seems for Spidey films, ASM1 started out real poorly but still managed to get to $757m in the end

plus these are also domestic numbers when these days international seems to mean more and more

and it's actually after the 4th of July weekend so the $100m estimate is still a 3day number, so it doesn't really count against the movie

Last edited:
Can someone double check this please, MCU films with an opening weekend of 100 or above: IM 2 & 3, A1 & 2, CW and GOTG vol 2

A1 - $207m
A2 - $191m
CW - $179m
IM3 - $174m
GotG2 - $146m
IM2 - $128m
IM1 - $98m
WS - $95m
GotG1 - $94m
Thor2 - $85m
DS - $85m
Thor1 - $65m
Cap1 - $65m
Hulk - $62m
AM - $57m
IH - $55m

Dark World doing 85 mil :smh: I was part of that problem

Regarding "Spidey fatigue"....a girl just told me she was tired of seeing Spider-Man movies and wanted to see something else.

Any fatigue is easily offset by the popularity of the character and the fact that Marvel is shoving RDJ down our throats to let us know this is truly a different Spidey movie.

I really wasn't a fan of any of the trailers or promotional materials for this movie but that goes to show the power of Spider-Man and the MCU.

If they do it right, it will do numbers

Last edited:
Ya. Change my mind :lol:

Go with 135. Surprised IM opened that high. Those are really awesome numbers.

Last edited:
A1 - $207m
A2 - $191m
CW - $179m
IM3 - $174m
GotG2 - $146m
IM2 - $128m
IM1 - $98m
WS - $95m
GotG1 - $94m
Thor2 - $85m
DS - $85m
Thor1 - $65m
Cap1 - $65m
Hulk - $62m
AM - $57m
IH - $55m
Ima go out on a limb and say it hits 180+
The overseasmarket is going to kill it

"I really can't. I can' think of anything that I could possibly say," said Johansson, initially. However, Colbert's prodding eventually got her to tease, "Alright. I'm in it [and] at one point, I do think that the Infinity Wars - there are 61 or 62 marvel characters in it. There's a lot."

"In one particular scene, I think there's 32- there's a lot. There's so many of us. I don't even know who's a Marvel character and who's a crew member, honestly."

Back
Top Bottom