WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Having not watched the movie but watched a ton of stuff on it, I assumed it would be a situation of the impatience of a child..

Tony was essentially setting up sting operations.. letting dudes get far enough to figure out what they were up to before reacting.. purposely leaving the door open/unlocked, per se

While spidey saw and was reacting, not fully realizing you need evidence of actual crimes to convict

Again I didn't see the movie, I'm just stating what I assumed would be going on

nah, spoilering it again :lol:

Stark didn't know about it until Peter discovered it but then he did believe him without telling Peter thus setting up the sting that Spidey messed up. Tony said it himself, he was the only guy that believed him and that he was trying to take care of it.

With that said, it was even more baffling that he believed Peter to set-up the FBI sting but not enough to be close enough to be able to give support right away.

Again, just a nitpick.

Last edited:
nah, spoilering it again :lol:

Stark didn't know about it until Peter discovered it but then he did believe him without telling Peter thus setting up the sting that Spidey messed up. Tony said it himself, he was the only guy that believed him and that he was trying to take care of it.

With that said, it was even more baffling that he believed Peter to set-up the FBI sting but not enough to be close enough to be able to give support right away.

Again, just a nitpick.

Once you see the film it'll feel like Tony and Happy just didn't take Peter seriously and when he was able to get them on the phone they just brushed it off as something not that important. Vulture has been at this for "8 years" as well too so he's been robbing sites constantly but he's able to stay lowkey cause he's not tryna have world domination or anything. He just wants to provide for his family.

Toomes' crib >>>>>>>>>>>>

It looked like they were in Forest Hills. The price of that crib :wow:

I know that's not what goes down.. but maybe it was all the late night law and order and SVU.. when the regular cops stumble into ongoing investigations with people undercover and all that

Did they really film some shots in DC?

I was kind of surprised the people that Spider-Man ran past him wasn't recording or in shock that they just witnessed Spider running along the Reflecting Pools.

because it could be a troll?

plus I think Spidey was still a youtube sensation outside of NY so that might explain the little reaction

I'm starting more to dislike the way the third act played out. Doesn't affect my opinion of the movie, this ain't Suicide Trash, but it's just weak and anticlimactic

Last edited:
because it could be a troll?

plus I think Spidey was still a youtube sensation outside of NY so that might explain the little reaction

Heard it said in one of the reviews I watched, but folks aren't THAT fazed anymore about heroes.. so could just be that they were going for

I'm starting more to dislike the way the third act played out. Doesn't affect my opinion of the movie, this ain't Suicide Trash, but it's just weak and anticlimactic

Y? Or what about it?

that could be it too but really with the superhero history in the MCU, panic would be my first reaction if I see one of them running around :lol:

Don't see how it's anticlimactic. The twist with him and Liz raised the stakes, and it's not like Vulture had some super evil take over the world plot. That's why people liked him so much as a villain. It was great for them to not have him die as well.

C CP1708 a few of your gripes when trying to mention what would be brought up if this was a DC film are at least someone explained through details in the plot. Tony sent the FBI to bust the deal seeing that Damage control was government mandated by Stark. He could put the guys in jail that are stealing the tech from the sites his operation is supposed to be working on. Peter wasn't suppose to be his hit man.

With the plane I can agree that a guard on the plane may have made that scen work better, something like an innocent casualty caught in between Spider-Man and Vultures fight but the plane was invisible until Vulture came to interfere with it. It was flying at night and was only flying upstate....The Marissa Tomei thing is completely off too, she looked very tasty to me :lol: but that's subjective. No disputing that Marissa Tomei is way more attractive the Amy Adams' Lois Lane though.

No, my point was regular FBI humans with their hand guns, vs Alien tech that was kickin Spiderman's ***, what were the regular FBI dudes gonna do? :lol:

Don't see how it's anticlimactic. The twist with him and Liz raised the stakes, and it's not like Vulture had some super evil take over the world plot. That's why people liked him so much as a villain. It was great for them to not have him die as well.

This. I like the relationship built between Vulture and Spider-Man; Spider-Man saves his daughter and him and respects Spider-Man enough to not drop his name when approached about it in prison.

Last edited:
I think it's more so to protect his daughter because he himself wanted to kill everyone Peter loved so other villains likely wants to kill anyone involved with him too.

But I could see it both ways.

I think it's more so to protect his daughter because he himself wanted to kill everyone Peter loved so other villains likely wants to kill anyone involved with him too.

But I could see it both ways.

That's a good point and I really hadn't thought about it that way. I'm pretty hype to see a continuation of this Spider-Man story in a sequel. There's so much they can do with his own universe and still connecting everything to the MCU.

I said nothing about there needing to be a take over the world plot

What was it about the third act in particular?

Y? Or what about it?

Essentially it's Peter stopping the quiet robbery of an unmanned plane over the Hudson, a sequence of events in which nobody is in any immediate danger, and even during the battle itself, except when the plane almost crashed into Coney Island.

We, the viewer, know that as Spider-Man, Peter cannot let Toomes just go off and do whatever while he's dancing with Liz. However, there are no stakes worth noting with regards to the narrative itself and a sense of immediacy. The viewer is not truly invested in the gravity and importance of this climactic showdown outside of Peter's chances with his new girlfriend. Again, this might have been intentional.

That is, outside of the sense that alien tech being illegally sold across the tri-state area is naturally dangerous. The destruction of the corner store lead me to believe they did this on purpose to cement MCU Spidey as both "Friendly" and "Neighborhood".

And also there just wasn't much of an actual fight between the two. I really expected Peter to science-curbstomp Toomes, figure out some way to **** with his ability to fly, but he's really just hoist by his own petard in the end. Unless I'm not remembering their final battle correctly.

What I did appreciate is how it was a showdown of values. Toomes' desire to protect his family vs. Peter's almost childlike moral compass, and his conviction to his ideals. (The "they happen because of you" quote from Civil War).

That's why I won't let my disappointment there mess with my opinion of the movie overall

Last edited:
I know almost all of us were criticizing the use of Iron Man and Tony in marketing but this movie really did it right.

Just enough of both Tony/Mark 47 to add to the story really hyping up that street level meets big leagues MCU feeling.

I though the scene with Tony stepping out of the suit and confronting Peter about the ferry was going to be corny, but it was very well done. Holland and RDJ have really good chemistry, suits and powers aside.

Holland really conveyed that he's growing up with all these things happening around him without a father figure (be it Ben who's dead or Richard). Totally got the feeling of what it's like to disappoint a pseudo mentor/dad when you're still hurting and just want love.

Trademark bad boy Maverick Tony low-key coming to grips with the fact that he's Peter's new father throughout the course of the movie was genius

Stark's character development has been the cornerstone of the MCU for 10 years and Feigegawd clearly wants Peter to inherit this responsibility.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, my favorite scene was when he wad stuck under all that debris after Toomes destroyed the building and the reflection with half the mask and face showing in the water :smokin

Trademark bad boy Maverick Tony low-key coming to grips with the fact that he's Peter's new father throughout the course of the movie was genius

Stark's character development has been the cornerstone of the MCU for 10 years and Feigegawd clearly wants Peter to inherit this responsibility.

Yeah at this point there's like 0% of Sony breaking off and doing non MCU Spider-Man films (not including the venom/spidey subsidiaries).

I really hope that this is the film to bridge street level heroes with the Avengers man. It's pretty crazy how much world building they did even though the movie was set in NYC like tons of other MCU films.

Back
Top Bottom