WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Spider-Man currently sitting at 94% on RT.

Tied with Iron Man and The Dark Knight for highest-rated live-action super hero films. Impressive.

after seeing some reviewers complain about scenes they already saw in trailers, im glad i stayed away.

great movie
i like the casting choices
i wasnt a fan of either of the previous versions

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Jimmy Woo Confirmed For Marvel's ANT-MAN & THE WASP

Before Phil Coulson, there was another S.H.I.E.L.D. handler/liason to The Avengers back during the '50s run of Earth's Mightiest Heroes comics. In more recent times, Jimmy Woo has been a member of another Marvel superhero espionage team, Agents of Atlas. Whether those two positions have any bearing on his current assignment remains to be seen.

Per The Tracking Board, the character is set to make his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in Ant-Man & The Wasp, played by Fresh Off The Boat star Randall Park.

Confirmed cast for the July 6, 2018 Marvel Studios feature include Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Hannah John-Kamen, Michael Douglas and Michael Peña.

View media item 2486481

Last edited:
Just came out of Spider-Man again. Took my girl this time and she was adamant going in because she thinks Tobey is the definitive Spider-Man and doesn't like a young Peter Parker....

She can't stop talking about the movie :lol: :nthat:

Killing Falcon would make you think he's a real threat? :lol:

Of all the delusional bitter posts I've read this cracked the top 3.

Yeah because Marvel would really kill off one of the marquee characters like Iron Man, Spidey, and Thor in the first 2 seconds of Thanos appearance....

If you had any reading comprehension at all, you'd understand that the act of killing Falcon itself isn't what would make Thanos intimidating (I mean Ant-Man was giving Falcon problems at Avengers HQ,, that basically sums up my thoughts on dude)

But it's the fact that if Thanos were to immediately off one of the secondary characters like Hawkeye, Falcon, Vision, etc., it'd establish that he isn't f*cking around. We all know Marvel is notorious for letting everyone live (well except for bootleg Quicksilver)

And just because he kills one of them, doesn't mean one of the primary characters can't die. I've been saying that it would be a great time for them to kill Steve Rogers and let Bucky take the mantle of Captain America post-IW
So on one hand Thanos needs to kill somebody to be taken seriously but you've already undercut any real threat he can be to legitimize his hype the past 8 years.

Don't worry all of that bitterness and cycnism will be rewarded. Ya boy Renner broke both arms on set. Hawkguy death confirmed :lol:

The deal with Memphisto (after Aunt May got shot cuz his enemies knew who he was) wiped away all that.

Btw, it's Mephisto
I don't really give a **** how his name us spelled.

Mephisto, MemphisBleekphisto. It doesn't matter unless you're being an anal retentive nerd.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Jimmy Woo Confirmed For Marvel's ANT-MAN & THE WASP

Before Phil Coulson, there was another S.H.I.E.L.D. handler/liason to The Avengers back during the '50s run of Earth's Mightiest Heroes comics. In more recent times, Jimmy Woo has been a member of another Marvel superhero espionage team, Agents of Atlas. Whether those two positions have any bearing on his current assignment remains to be seen.

Per The Tracking Board, the character is set to make his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in Ant-Man & The Wasp, played by Fresh Off The Boat star Randall Park.

Confirmed cast for the July 6, 2018 Marvel Studios feature include Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Hannah John-Kamen, Michael Douglas and Michael Peña.

View media item 2486481
Agents of Atlas :pimp:

Last edited:
Review below......

Loved it very much. This was one of the rare films where I was able to completely stay in the dark as much as possible, yet still see the previews and what not, and still be surprised. I had no idea Happy was in this. No idea Pepper cameos. I kinda did expect the Cap cameos, but they were well done. I had no clue Gambino was in the film. All those little things just added up so well for me, it let me just take it all in.

Very interesting way to open the film getting straight into Vulture’s origins. Then coming in off Civil War with the “extra” footage they used, which was clever.

I was at first nervous about Stark-IM being overused here, but they did just enough to use him, but not bury us with him. I was impressed they pulled that balance off.

LOVED the suit. Hell yeah that was awesome. Was the Interrogation voice a shot across the Batman bow? :nerd: :lol: Either way, it was hilarious.

Don’t know if I loved the female Jarvis, but it’s whatever at that point, didn’t ruin my fun or anything.

Keaton was really really good, he never shoulda been blacklisted from Hollywood back in the day. I was VERY happy with the scene between he and Holland, outstanding work by both of them. Loved the small twist too.

I wasn't thrilled with him bein 15. Maybe my biggest gripe. I would have preferred 18-19 year old or somethin, but I understand they wanted to give him some youth with their other stars pretty old at this point.

If we were treating this as a DC movie, we would complain about the fact that Tony sent FBI guys to a boat to deal with Alien tech that was giving Spidey a struggle, a guy who went toe to toe with Captain America, Winter Soldier, and Black Falcon. That makes sense.

We'd also complain about them pointing out that May was supposed to be hot this time, but really she looked like a hot mess the whole time. :lol: I was kinda sad about that.

We'd also point out that this plane of extremely important and dangerous stuff was flown off in an empty plane? Not a single security guard aboard? :lol:

But, this is a Marvel film, so we don't point any of that out, we just enjoy the good feelings we got from the film and save our issues for other films. :wink:

LOVED the ending with May, so much lulz. Well done.

My theater was PACKED. I mean, LOADED up to the front row. This movie is going to do numbers. The theater I went to is a small time theater that rarely ever has traffic issues for me, no matter what day/time I go, and this joint was JACKED. I did not expect that at all.

Didn't really like Ned that much. I liked Amazing Spiderman's portrayal of how smart he was better, not a fan of the need for Stark tech and all that, I like it better sein Parker build his own uni, handle all his own smarts and what not, Ned kinda didn't need to be there for that.

Loved that they avoided saying Ben, but alluded to May has been thru so much. Well done there.

Peter looking into the water and the spidey mask reflecting back was :wow:

7.7/8

Pretty good review there Uncle Ben

Tony could have sent him that suit at the end instead of the original 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Just got back  home from seeing Homecoming. Loved it Tom Holland is a great Peter and Spidey. 

And i really liked Vulture as a villian

Last edited:

Tony could have sent him that suit at the end instead of the original 
laugh.gif
He really could have though 
laugh.gif
. I really liked this movie. Def better than the Garfield versions imo. I did like the balance of putting Tony in the story and him not being overbearing. I like the subtle introduction of scorpion. Just a really solid intro for spiderman into the MCU officially. I also really liked the scene with Keaton and Holland in the car. That conversation...so minimal, yet so crucial. I loved how it was written in a superhero movie but that scene didn't feel like it was in a superhero movie if that makes any sense. 

Last edited:

I think Giacchino's score for this film is super underrated. Peter/Spider-Man's theme is just wonderful. How it's starts off really juvenile than becomes powerful and triumphant and then the 60's theme song incorporated in it is just the cherry on top.

:lol: interrogation mode on his spidey suit had to be a crack at batman and no spidey senses at all for Pedro?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom