WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Marvels-Inhumans-TV-Show-Poster-Black-Bolt-Maximus.jpg

View media item 2490545

MBJ was more ripped in Creed
Yoked and ripped are different.
(as I'm sure you know)
But yea he looks like a beast right now
When he gets a bit older and a bit bigger he will have so many more roles can't wait.

Chadwick Boseman Reveals BLACK PANTHER Plot Details; Talks Klaue, Killmonger, Vibranium And More

On Black Panther's Mindset At The Start Of The Movie:

It’s shortly after Civil War has ended so he’s still in mourning. There’s a guilt in terms of taking the throne. There’s a feeling that he wishes that his father would have been alive to see it, if he would have given up the thrown for being too old. That’s the ideal way. His mindset is one of guilt and unsureness because he doesn’t have [his father] there. Generally, there is unrest because there’s no leader on the throne. We’re dealing with a similar thing right now in this country. Just because a person was elected doesn’t mean everybody agrees with the things he’s going to do. Having to make the first decisions … what do you do first? What do you choose to do that’s going to get everybody on your side? It’s a political drama essentially.

On Killmonger And Klaue's Roles In The Movie:

I can’t really say. Klaue is the real villain. I can say that I identify with Killmonger’s character. It’s going to be a fun character. He definitely has a different point of view. They are polar opposites. A superhero movie is only as great as its villains. I think they both provide a piece of that. You have Wakanda, which is an isolationist society, Klaue has entered that space and knows more about it than anybody else. Because of that, he is a threat. Not to mention that he’s accessed this gift that could also be a curse to the rest of the world.

How Vibranium Will Be Used In The Movie And Klaue's Mission:

A lot of times when we talk about Vibranium we talk about it as if it’s, like, nuclear. It’s not a nuclear weapon but with the flexibly and versatility of it, it can do a lot of things. The fact that he has accessed that and has the mind to use it for evil is the key thing. Most people don’t know what it is and what can be done with it. He is the Osama bin Laden of the movie. He’s out there, and you have to go find him because he’s coming back at some point in time.

:lol:

Imagine if this is how things were handled.

Pretty sure somebody said the same dumb **** when Stan and Jack created T'Challa.
No.

Miles Morales is just a legacy character of Spider-Man originally in an alternate universe line of Marvel comics no less. Created in what 2010? 2011?

I'm all for more black creators working at Marvel, especially the really good ones but I can't vibe with this identity politics blacks should write black characters, women should write women, lbgt should write left characters and so on. Its wild ignorant.

I definitely look forward to the day a talented black writer has a lengthy run on a book focusing on Miles but its not a should be the case situation.

Its crazy cuz this is the exact reason Preist was gone from Marvel for so long and **** really hasn't changed, among fandom no less.
He was gonna leave the book after Secret Ware but then editors told them their plans for Miles and he loved it. So he stuck around motivated with a new direction and new ideas.

And to be clear, that's basically Miles becoming THE Spider-Man of NYC since SW.

Granted, I don't really care for Miles Morales all that much, so it doesn't really affect me, but i've never been down with this kind of logic. You may as well go ahead and argue that only a woman should right Wonder Woman (And it's a fact that some of the best work regarding the character has been done by a man). This seems especially dumb to me when it was Bendis who created Miles :lol: If I create a character who is pink, blue, or green, I don't want to here **** from anyone else about how i'm not qualified to write him/her because I don't have the same skin color. If other people had wanted to write a black Spider-Man then they should have created one. And Bendis writing, whatever you think of it, is what laid the foundation for the current popularity that the character enjoys, which is clearly substantial because he was one of the only characters from the Ultimate Universe to make it into the main universe after Secret War. I can see why the idea might make sense from a shallow perspective, under the assumption that people facing certain issues are naturally going to be able to write characters facing the same issues well, but that has been proven to not be the case time and again. Simply put, anyone can write about any character and produce a good story if they have talent.

Not to say that i'd be upset at a black man or woman writing Miles, or T'Challa, or John Stewart, or Static, but I don't think it needs to always be a black man or woman doing so.

Yea I'm gonna recant my statement that Miles should solely be handled by a black writer

Miles was "created" by Bendis, sure, but his conceptualization cannot be attributed to Bendis alone. The "Black Spider-Man" was an editorial initiative at Marvel that had been mulled over and tossed around since the 2008 election. Being the man who introduced Spider-Man to the 21st century, of course it's logical to hand the reigns to him after killing off his original protagonist.

But by the same token, one certainly cannot downplay the impact experience and personal reality can have on the development of a character who is meant to be identified with by the group to which the character belongs.

It might be seen as a matter of inclusivity/exclusivity, but the thing that makes me think the most about this is that situation where Bendis had Miles deny the "qualification" of being the black Spider-Man...

Regardless of whether or not I agree with that specific decision, I do believe that to have your character deny this qualification also serves to DISqualify the possible actual significance in the first place. Essentially Bendis, a white man, through his specific perceptions of race and culture, had Miles Morales make a comment that could have been construed by others in the actual group as wildly out of pocket at worst and somewhat unrealistic and insensitive at best. Especially considering Miles' identity as a rather intelligent and cultured young black/Latino male from New York City.

Considering the fact that real life members of the "other" group most certainly accept and celebrate this "qualification", this makes me wonder if Bendis' perceptions and experiences are preventing Miles Morales from being written as the character he COULD be.

That's just my 2 cents but this whole situation is a slippery slope

P.S. in Miles' recent meeting with Luke Cage, Bendis presented a complete 180 of that original scenario in which he totally qualified Miles' identity as a young black male :lol:

Also: look at Dwayne McDuffie and Static's original run. There's a clear first-hand reality in the narrative and it makes the writing stronger

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Ant-Man and the Wasp Will Reportedly Introduce Bill Foster[/COLOR]

As information continues to grow on Marvel sequel Ant-Man & the Wasp, it’s being reported that the studio is looking to cast a major principal actor that fits the description of comic book character Dr. Bill Foster/Black Goliath.

According to ThatHashtagShow, their sources have learned that Marvel is about to fill the role of a principal role in Ant Man & the Wasp that calls for an African American male between the ages of 55 to 65. Though this is no confirmation of any sorts, this fits the description of Dr. Bill Foster, known in the Marvel universe as the hero Black Goliath. The site knows that the studio has an actor interested and in talks for the role, but have not been told which actor it is by their source.

:lol:

Imagine if this is how things were handled.

Pretty sure somebody said the same dumb **** when Stan and Jack created T'Challa.
No.

Miles Morales is just a legacy character of Spider-Man originally in an alternate universe line of Marvel comics no less. Created in what 2010? 2011?

I'm all for more black creators working at Marvel, especially the really good ones but I can't vibe with this identity politics blacks should write black characters, women should write women, lbgt should write left characters and so on. Its wild ignorant.

I definitely look forward to the day a talented black writer has a lengthy run on a book focusing on Miles but its not a should be the case situation.

Its crazy cuz this is the exact reason Preist was gone from Marvel for so long and **** really hasn't changed, among fandom no less.
He was gonna leave the book after Secret Ware but then editors told them their plans for Miles and he loved it. So he stuck around motivated with a new direction and new ideas.

And to be clear, that's basically Miles becoming THE Spider-Man of NYC since SW.

Granted, I don't really care for Miles Morales all that much, so it doesn't really affect me, but i've never been down with this kind of logic. You may as well go ahead and argue that only a woman should right Wonder Woman (And it's a fact that some of the best work regarding the character has been done by a man). This seems especially dumb to me when it was Bendis who created Miles :lol: If I create a character who is pink, blue, or green, I don't want to here **** from anyone else about how i'm not qualified to write him/her because I don't have the same skin color. If other people had wanted to write a black Spider-Man then they should have created one. And Bendis writing, whatever you think of it, is what laid the foundation for the current popularity that the character enjoys, which is clearly substantial because he was one of the only characters from the Ultimate Universe to make it into the main universe after Secret War. I can see why the idea might make sense from a shallow perspective, under the assumption that people facing certain issues are naturally going to be able to write characters facing the same issues well, but that has been proven to not be the case time and again. Simply put, anyone can write about any character and produce a good story if they have talent.

Not to say that i'd be upset at a black man or woman writing Miles, or T'Challa, or John Stewart, or Static, but I don't think it needs to always be a black man or woman doing so.

Yea I'm gonna recant my statement that Miles should solely be handled by a black writer

Miles was "created" by Bendis, sure, but his conceptualization cannot be attributed to Bendis alone. The "Black Spider-Man" was an editorial initiative at Marvel that had been mulled over and tossed around since the 2008 election. Being the man who introduced Spider-Man to the 21st century, of course it's logical to hand the reigns to him after killing off his original protagonist.

But by the same token, one certainly cannot downplay the impact experience and personal reality can have on the development of a character who is meant to be identified with by the group to which the character belongs.

It might be seen as a matter of inclusivity/exclusivity, but the thing that makes me think the most about this is that situation where Bendis had Miles deny the "qualification" of being the black Spider-Man...

Regardless of whether or not I agree with that specific decision, I do believe that to have your character deny this qualification also serves to DISqualify the possible actual significance in the first place. Essentially Bendis, a white man, through his specific perceptions of race and culture, had Miles Morales make a comment that could have been construed by others in the actual group as wildly out of pocket at worst and somewhat unrealistic and insensitive at best. Especially considering Miles' identity as a rather intelligent and cultured young black/Latino male from New York City.

Considering the fact that real life members of the "other" group most certainly accept and celebrate this "qualification", this makes me wonder if Bendis' perceptions and experiences are preventing Miles Morales from being written as the character he COULD be.

That's just my 2 cents but this whole situation is a slippery slope

P.S. in Miles' recent meeting with Luke Cage, Bendis presented a complete 180 of that original scenario in which he totally qualified Miles' identity as a young black male :lol:

Also: look at Dwayne McDuffie and Static's original run. There's a clear first-hand reality in the narrative and it makes the writing stronger
Clearly you're not ignorant or stupid on this topic so this is more of a discussion than argument.

I will say this though about what you're saying a person from the same cultural background can bring to a similar character (something I do agree with).

The dude who created The Wire is a white guy.

220px-David_Simon_croped.jpg

David Simon. David ******* Simon.

Created or of the best shows in entertainment history let alone one of the best black anything released to the masses. That show is beyond real and authentic to its subject matter and to its audience (minus some locals complaints about accents, attire, and slang :lol: ).

There was a time specifically cuz I'm black I just knew if you get the right talented black ppl they can produce that amazing book, comic, movie, show, etc. but then I think if somebody had passed on Simon cuz he aint black we wouldn't have got the ******* Wire b. I don't want to live in that world.

Back
Top Bottom