WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

The Black Order is here. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

DE3RvXPUAAIVKLk.jpg

DE3RvXPV0AAmPmb.jpg

DE3RvXRVoAAi_HA.jpg

DE3RvXWUMAAezM4.jpg

Nah, no way they defeat Thanos in the first film.

The scene where he pulls down the moon and throws it to the Avengers seems like it's a conclusion to the first film and then they go find a way to defeat him in the second.

Description again from the temp thread:

We’ll learn more about Thor and the Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, but the Infinity War trailer opened with the Asgardian being flung against the windshield of the Milano, the ship commanded by Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) from Guardians of the Galaxy. “Get it off!” shouts Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), as though a particularly ugly bug had been smushed there.

Mantis (Pom Klementieff) brings Thor back to life, and he promptly greets out Guardians with an unfriendly, “Who the hell are you?” (To be fair, Star-Lord had just told his fellow Guardians, “This might be dangerous, so let’s put on our mean faces.”) It then seems like Thor joins forces with the Guardians to guide them to Earth, where we see the following things go down, in quick succession:

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) seems to cut a flaming car in half. It looks like her beau Vision (Paul Bethany) might be trapped nearby, and to judge from their faces, something sad and bad is going down.

“Death follows him like a shadow,” we hear, as Josh Brolin’s ultimate villain Thanos is teased.

Suddenly, Tom Hiddleston’s Loki appears, cutting through flaming wreckage to grab the Tesseract, which holds one of the Infinity Stones. Is this what Scarlet Witch and Vision were trying to prevent?

Next, there’s a glimpse of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker on his school bus. The hair on his arms stands up. How’s that for some trouble-activated spider-sense?

“He’s come to us,” someone says, as some alien ships crash land on a wrecked Earth. A worried Mantis stands with Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange, the Hulk, and the other heroes as the aircrafts approach.

“This does put a smile on my face,” intones Thanos, as Gamora (Zoe Saldana) takes in the wreckage of the room kept by the Collector (Benicio del Toro). More Infinity Stones pillaged.

And that’s when Thanos walks through a portal onto Earth — big and hulking and boasting a ****-eating grin. Star-Lord and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) leap into action, harnessing magic and airborne stepping stones. Even Spider-Man swings into action, wearing a cool new suit … perhaps the one teased at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Briefly, we see Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), who’s blond now, and Captain America, who’s bearded. Listen, I know the fate of the universe is at stake, but don’t we all feel a little refreshed after spending valuable time on an undercover makeover? Talk to Wonder Woman about that, she knows what’s up.

In the final moments, things get truly heightened. Thanos grabs Thor’s head in his meaty paw and regards it like a grape he’s about to smush. Maybe he saw that scary black-and-white episode of Twin Peaks and wants to practice storming radio stations and breaking open heads?

“You can run from it,” growls Thanos, “but your destiny still arrives.” And then he holds up one hand and seemingly destroys a planet far away in the sky — or, if this scene is taking place on Earth, our freaking moon — and heaves the remains of it at our Avengers in a single shot.

Everything sounds so epic. Not sure how Thanos won't become a favorite amongst the general audience. But it seems like Marvel won't have him pegged to return passed Avengers 4 if he has a 4 picture deal with Fox to play cable....how did Marvel let that happen knowing the magnitude of Thanos and how much he's been teased. It's not like Marvel wouldn't be aware of Fox casting for one of Marvel's own properties and targeting Brolin.........Where does your franchise go in terms of major antagonists after Thanos hurls chunks of the moon at you? Something bigger obviously

:wink:

I think after Thanos they go back down to more grounded villains and less planet threatening plots. I think we'll see more duo/buddy cop films too where another hero shows up in someone else's film.

But yeah, Feige continues to say F4 isn't happening in the MCU anytime soon and going as much as to practically saying "when pigs fly".

Marvel boss debunks Fantastic Four rumours

No, ‘Fantastic Four’ isn’t heading back to Marvel.

At least, not according to Marvel boss, Kevin Feige.

During Disney’s D23 expo, our pals at Yahoo! Movies caught up with the man behind the MCU… and he confirmed that there are no plans to bring The Fantastic Four back to Marvel.

At least, not for the time being.

“I’ve been at Marvel for 17 years… There are certainly no plans whatsoever for that,” he explained. “But too many amazing things have happened over the past 17 years for me ever say never. But for now, nothing.”

However, Kevin Feige also says it could happen… one day.

“There’s a chance that aliens could come down from the sky right now,” he countered. “And we’ll use them in the movie in to save money on visual effects.”

Bit of a long shot, then.

One of the things I've been wondering is how will EVERYONE not part of Thor or Guardians gain knowledge of Thanos. Will it be a drawn out explanation of the gauntlet, the stones and Thanos as well as his order or something as easy as Thor or the Guardians saying something like "the universe is at stake here" and thats all it takes to for them to roll together. Like will Spidey be fighting Thanos on sole fact that Thanos is fighting Tony/avengers or will he know how important it is to win this battle?

It would've been nice if in A1 when Tony put the nuke through the wormhole he got a glimpse of Thanos before passing out and falling back through it. So in A2 when he says "That up there, that's the end game." it would've held much more weight.

should be interesting to see

People are throwing around the want for that building that was sold by Stark to be the Baxter Building

Any word on when the trailer is supposed to premier? Not trying to read any descriptions / see any stills

I'm mad that there are people walking around on this planet who saw the trailer and for some reason or another I'm not one of them

Give us the frigging trailer Marvel

When Clint mocked Tony in Civil War calling him "The Futurist", it was a reference to Robert Downey Jr's album that he recorded in 2004 called The Futurist.

Back
Top Bottom