WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

David Simon also wrote for the Wayans Brothers tv show 
laugh.gif
That was a different David Simon.
Thanks, I swore it was The Wire writer for the longest
Ant-Man and the Wasp is going to have Black Goliath? Someone at Marvel CALL WESLEY.
Why can't he still be Blade tho?

"We don’t call him Man-Ape," producer Nate Moore confirms in an interview. with EW. "We do call him M’Baku. Having a black character dress up as an ape, I think there’s a lot of racial implications that don’t sit well, if done wrong. But the idea that they worship the gorilla gods is interesting because it’s a movie about the Black Panther who, himself, is a sort of deity in his own right."

As you can see in the new character image below, there are nods to M'Baku's history and the villain's main grievance here will revolve around T'Challa being on the throne and reaching out to the world when he believes Wakanda should remain hidden. "In M’Baku’s worldview, T’Chaka made a huge mistake going to the U.N.," Moore adds. "‘We should never engage with the outside world. That’s a terrible mistake. And if his son is anything like his father, I don’t support him being on the throne.'"

"Politically, he just has different ideology," says Moore of the villain who wants to be king. "Man-Ape is a problematic character for a lot of reasons, but the idea behind Man-Ape we thought was really fascinating. … It’s a line I think we’re walking, and hopefully walking successfully."

View media item 2491369View media item 2491387View media item 2491388View media item 2491389View media item 2491390View media item 2491391View media item 2491392View media item 2491396View media item 2491419

Last edited:
"We don’t call him Man-Ape," producer Nate Moore confirms in an interview. with EW. "We do call him M’Baku. Having a black character dress up as an ape, I think there’s a lot of racial implications that don’t sit well, if done wrong. But the idea that they worship the gorilla gods is interesting because it’s a movie about the Black Panther who, himself, is a sort of deity in his own right."

That's whats up.

*High-pitched squealing*

And Zik you brought up the fact that Stan created T'Challa; he didn't create "Man-Ape" M'Baka, it was someone else, but you do understand what I mean now right :lol:

Last edited:
Those BP pics are super dope  
pimp.gif

Also, did anyone else catch Dwayne McDuffie's ( RIP) name at the end of Spiderman Homecoming's credits?

Nice the thread is back up and running, couldn't stand that temp one with seein D.C. And other crap I don't care about

Now someone please find a leak of that IW trailer...please

Though the temp thread was that, gems were posted in there from D23. We're all salivating for the IW trailer but if it hasn't leaked by now it won't. Our next chance will be comic-con :wow:

D23 premiered the 1st official Infinity War trailer. Only a matter of time before it's released.

Bruh when I read what happened at the end of the trailer. Legit tears B. Tears!

Back
Top Bottom