WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

oh damn, I didn't know steez was being serious with that question.

My daughter's 3 and she tells me that she loves me 10 times, all the time. I used to tell my boys I was a bijillion times better than them in Street Fighter 2. But yeah, kids say that **** all the time.

Ah ok, i have no kids and wasn’t really raised by my mom as a kid and my dad died before I was 2...sorry I didn’t have a very mushy upbringing y’all...lol

Thought it had some sort of comic book reference

Nah Suri clowned him for how the integrated the stone into vision in the first place. Not them not thinking about removing it. I am annoyed at Hulk being the jabronie of the MCU now. They should retire him too.:smh:

they probably know they cant make a solo film with him so they are making him a jobber now

getting ko'd by the hulkbuster, super saiyan thor giving him the mortal kombat uppercut, thanos toying with him to a point of not wanting to come out (which was actually never explained by the way) and then to not even coming within a 100 yards in the thanos rematch

also, anyone else found ruffalos voice kind of weird as smart hulk? its like when brock lesnar talks, you lose that intimidation factor

:lol:

Finally got to the review. Its a little mangled and rushed because im nursing a mean hangover right now and going off 30 mins of sleep having watched the film again this morning but have a crack at it.

Assembled Forever
: Avengers Endgame Review
-a review by lamekilla

2008 feels like yesterday. I can vividly remember playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on xbox 360 and wishing the 3rd season of The Game still had a laugh track. Hotly anticipated movies during that time period were relegated to big summer blockbusters only to be trumped in the next summer. As a self proclaimed Marvel aficionado, I didn't have a hard time admitting that Marvel films up until that point were batting under .300. Blade, Singer's X-men, a random Punisher film (I love Tom Jane Punisher by the way) got scaling attention and some were even considered successful in their own right. 2002's Spider-man was the first time Marvel had a universally heralded hit and it was with their marquee star to add to the fact. But still something was missing from all these films and that something was what made me as well as other frail nerdy boys who refuse to give up their childhoods fans of the comic book heroes in the first place; connectivity. A shared world. In comes Iron Man in 2008, a film that I was relatively excited for but not to the level of that's summer Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Speed Racer, yep. As much as I loved Marvel, their films weren't exciting me. I was still recovering from the previous summer's Spider-man 3 which made me feel like an on again off again boyfriend in terms of my feelings toward it. And Jon Favreau was a director I hadn't really heard of and didn't know what he was gonna do with one of Marvel's B-listers who to me was most synonymous with being cheesy if you picked 3 of him in MvC2, my second favorite Wu-tang member and a particular group of heroes I never thought would make the big screen. Yes, in the summer of 2008 Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were only meant to be another summer of superhero cash grabs that may or may not be good but would get my support because, well I'm a man child...

Fast Forward to 2019 and that summer of 2008 created the most successful Hollywood franchise of all time. A 22 film collective of what I and so many had always wanted; connectivity. Who would have thought that the ugly girl you were nice to just because would grow up and be a supermodel? Right, its that feeling. Well maybe not as nuanced. Regardless the culmination of what started out as an "ugly girl" was doled out in the form of the hotly anticipated Avengers: Endgame. Now it's no secret that I wasn't the biggest fan of the films predecessor, Avengers: Infinity War. I'd go as far as to say I hated the movie. And that hate is what makes me LOVE Endgame. The passion of whatever was built up emotion wise from IW comes bursting out in full force for Endgame. Joe and Anthony Russo have managed to masterfully craft a film that truly rewards you for having any type of emotion toward these characters, the films, its themes. The fact that I loathed IW allowed me to be skeptical of not just the Russo's but of these characters who I felt had nothing to fear because they are the Avengers. I mean THE Avengers. Whats there to fear with super god Thor and Hulk (albeit a "gamma" impotent one) still breathing, right? WRONG. The film addresses these thoughts immediately as Captain Marvel, the newest deus ex machina brings back a Tony Stark depleted of cookies and juice. She joins the crippled team and immediately plays the role of the skeptical viewer, me. "Why don't we just go fine Thanos and kill him" because its that simple, honestly. The big key players are still here.........and that's literally what they did...within the first 25 mins. Thanos sulking around on his surprisingly very manicured planet with a severe case of buyers remorse immediately gets his head chopped off by a Thor plagued with regret for not *say it with me guys* Going for the head. When I processed that Russo's enacted a payoff that would've seen to be better suited for a climax, I paused.

And that pause is what movie making is about. Taking what the viewer expects and subverting it. And this type of subverting can be bad, like IW or REALLY bad like Star Wars: The Last Jedi but where the subversion is placed in the film is what lights the dynamite in what is honestly, one of the greatest films of all time. Comic book film, be damned. We're introduced to a 5 year time jump that supplants these heroes in a world where they're losers of epic proportions. They won the battle but lost the war. Righteously they lost both but for the sake of sounding pro Thanos we'll go with the former. Tony settles down, has a kid. Banner becomes a nerdy jock, Black Widow is pretending she knows how to live a normal life. Clint is sulking, Steve is sulking. It's just a sulk fest. And then you have Thor, the most human out of all them in how he deals with defeat. He does what any depressed person would do when they had to use a second chance to kill a purple megalomaniac. He becomes an overweight drunk that knows video game references. It's details like this that the Russo's excel at and why this film is on my pedestal of nerdiness right now. Humanizing these characters to the point where we personally want to lift them up is everything this film is about. You want to give all these sulk fest losers a hug because you can see your own shortcomings in your own personal journey in them. It's like watching a family member trying to sort out a broken heart or losing a job or losing a loved one. And that lost of loved ones kicks the film into Robert Zemeckis overdrive with some time travel shenanigans brought about by Antman. So the classic cop out trope of time travel gets added into the film but to surprisingly fun and even heartfelt results.

Inevitably, the heroes who died get brought back through these shenanigans while inadvertently alerting a past Thanos who's hunger for the stones is at its peak. With this you get a final battle scene worthy of two prices of admission. Seeing Captain America lead the Avengers into battle with the classic war cry was a moment encapsulated in time. The film ultimately ends on the merits of fan service getting trickled in. Cap being worthy (which I have gripes with but we'll discuss that a later time) and Tony Stark dying (finally) felt earned. Black Widow dying, it felt right. It made you feel something. And that is how a movie experience when done right becomes our most coveted entertainment medium. I couldn't be more pleased with the film, the decisions that were made and how it ended. Although the film created some questions that have me scratching my head I know better than to doubt Kevin Feige, the architect brought these heroes on film properly and in a way becoming the soul successor to Stan Lee, the architect who brought these heroes into the world. My intrigue for the next slate of Marvel films is at an allure high. The future of the Marvel cinematic universe is supernova bright. The foundation laid with these previous 22 films can't be torn down and will easily stand the test of time in large part to this finale....or is Far From Home the finally? That darn Feige.

A true manifesto unlike that @finallyfamous

yup, there shouldn't be anymore stones in existence

Except there is, BecUse the Avengers went back and retrieved them in this movie, so it sort of creates some type of loop....time travel I tell ya...lmao

Nah Suri clowned him for how the integrated the stone into vision in the first place. Not them not thinking about removing it. I am annoyed at Hulk being the jabronie of the MCU now. They should retire him too.:smh:

See they’ve got him in a spot where he’s all the pluses that the Banner character brings to a film thrown into a CGI model...

Even while Mark will obviously age in real life they can keep throwing Professor Hulk in movies where they like...

Little bit harder to do that with like RDJ for example...

I don’t think Hulk is going anywhere for a while...Hulk about to be the Chewbacca of the MCU...

Except there is, BecUse the Avengers went back and retrieved them in this movie, so it sort of creates some type of loop....time travel I tell ya...lmao

it really doesn't outside of what is possibly lokis alternate timeline

as they said, they needed to return everything in its place afterwards and then its like those side quests never happened and it ends the way it did

but yeah time travel will always have plotholes

Yo I think they making Hulk the way he is because of Rufallo spoiling everything rather than firing him lol

Only in Loki’s alternate timeline with the space stone. In the regular MCU, Thanos still gathers all of them originally, wins, and destroys them.

I really like how they made Endgame Cap pretty much son his past self. Pretty clever form of showing character development. Literally.

Also, I definitely have been brainwashed by Game of Thrones because I was expecting that Vormir scene to end in betrayal instead of how they did that. It actually took me a second to process it because I initially thought it was said betrayal going down until I caught up a second later:lol:

2012 Cap was whooping his ***!

The gauntlet could only bring back the people the gauntlet killed. That was perfectly clear IMO.
explain how it was clear tho? It clearly wasnt clear to the characters as Hulk said when he snapped, he tried so hard to bring Nat back. So they didn't know who it had the power to bring back either. In fact that's why Tony said to Hulk to just focus on bringing back the people they just lost from thanos. and not to change too much else (maninly because he didnt want time to revert and lose his daughter, but also because he didnt want to change too much in the past. The gauntlet is a soul and time conduit. It, theoretically, could bring back tonsssss of dead people.

Last edited:
explain how it was clear tho? It clearly wasnt clear to the characters as Hulk said when he snapped, he tried so hard to bring Nat back. So they didn't know who it had the power to bring back either.

his goal was to bring back those who got dusted in the snap to their current time but it was more of a wishful thinking and "why not try" by wishing nat back

he knew it wouldn't work as hawkeye explained but you got to try

Let the ladies be great. Plenty of women in the crowd cheered during this moment. Whats wrong with showing empowered women? Whats wrong with fan service and keeping the people who supported you from the start happy?

I swear dudes that are triggered by these moments need to look within themselves, as boys we constantly complained for years how our women thought we were nerds and weirdos because we like superheroes and comics, perhaps that’s because they’ve never actually had enough female heroes for them to relate? At least not nearly as many as male roles we had...so now Marvel puts out these beautifully done cinematic moments CLEARLY done for their female fan base and cats get triggered, instead of appreciating the fact that now we can indulge in these stories and our girls can do so right with us, my wife nearly teared up at that scene and plenty women cheered, it was a beautiful moment to bring all these beautiful and powerful women of the MCU together, if you ask me it was possible one of the best moments of the film...

Back
Top Bottom