WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

So I’m guessing Skroady is Veranke?

Crazy to see Talos slowly turning skrully tryna save the president :ohwell:

When it started I thought “yea so what. You work you make more. You don’t work less- you make less”

But as I heard what they want and how the industry has changed, it breaks your heart. With streaming, there has to be a change with how they get paid. They need to almost be on retainers. Would obviously help them but will lead to better product too.

The writing of SI has been spot on so far. Action scenes have been top notch too. I can’t wait for the final 2 episodes.
Are we watching the same show?

Action sequences have been subpar and feel anti-climatic. And the writers just decided to throw logic out the window in that last scene:
- presidential convoy is typically 3x what it was + always has air cover. Ain’t no way 2 enemy copters would casually roll up on them.
- Gravik’s attack is meant to look like the Russians did it yet it’s being led by…a Black Russian…
- Gravik somehow ends up on the American side, stabs Talos and in the background, not one American soldier notices any of this going on/reacts to it. Huh?!

The 1:1 dialogue between characters has been the highlight of the show but they’ve kinda dropped the ball everywhere else.

Action sequences have been subpar and feel anti-climatic. And the writers just decided to throw logic out the window in that last scene:
- presidential convoy is typically 3x what it was + always has air cover. Ain’t no way 2 enemy copters would casually roll up on them.
- Gravik’s attack is meant to look like the Russians did it yet it’s being led by…a Black Russian…
- Gravik somehow ends up on the American side, stabs Talos and in the background, not one American soldier notices any of this going on/reacts to it. Huh?!

The 1:1 dialogue between characters has been the highlight of the show but they’ve kinda dropped the ball everywhere else.
I agree with every single bullet point lol.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like this show is very very slow. Episode 4 was the best episode so far in my opinion, I'm pretty sure last two will be ramped up. My wife and I both agree that this would've been better as a movie or even a two part Disney+ special.

Absolutely 100 percent correct. I notice those things too…

…but my expectations for this phase are rock bottom so with that said- I enjoyed it! Remove logic now. That’s the new way.

When it started I thought “yea so what. You work you make more. You don’t work less- you make less”

But as I heard what they want and how the industry has changed, it breaks your heart. With streaming, there has to be a change with how they get paid. They need to almost be on retainers. Would obviously help them but will lead to better product too.
Honestly, that just gave me more questions. So like, are they paid by the day, the hour, or is it a flat rate? Ok so you made 38k doing nothing but made 200k when working, so whats the average? That wasnt enough information to evoke any sympathy. It almost sounds like, based of that alone, they just want more......as we all do.

I feel like they're going to reveal most of these Skrulls infiltrated the ranks during the 5 years after the snap. Essentially, a few of the heroes we saw in Endgame could be Skrulls...

AD9ECEA5-D545-4B00-9FD1-062E16BFA4FC.gif

Rhodey was just walking around like he was never paralyzed.

…but my expectations for this phase are rock bottom so with that said- I enjoyed it! Remove logic now. That’s the new way.

Speaking of logic, I'm gonna need a good reason for
Rhodey
or anybody else who a Skrull took, for coming back. It was easy in the comics since you needed an easy reset just to say they were kidnapped. But these Skrulls are stealing peoples entire *** identities and are ready to kill folks to keep that secret. So why would you bother just leaving them alive somewhere?:lol:

I'm all for less tv content.. As someone who has barely watched any despite being a huge fan of the movies and marvel.. they just don't get me excited to watch them. Even subjects or characters that might have been intriguing but most of the time I don't really care about She Hulk or when I do care like with Wanda Vision or Falcon and Winter soldier, the stories and shows themselves kind of let me down.

I'm all for less tv content.. As someone who has barely watched any despite being a huge fan of the movies and marvel.. they just don't get me excited to watch them. Even subjects or characters that might have been intriguing but most of the time I don't really care about She Hulk or when I do care like with Wanda Vision or Falcon and Winter soldier, the stories and shows themselves kind of let me down.

I will say Star Wars has been going through this "less is more" approach after the ST and it really isn't working out for them either. These studios are so blinded by pushing the emphasis on Quantity being the only reason for this popularity decline instead of acknowledging they can just put more into the Quality aspect.

Quality and Quantity doesn't have to be equal parts where take away from one if you give it to the other. They have the money and resources to afford to do both IF they really wanted to.

Honestly, that just gave me more questions. So like, are they paid by the day, the hour, or is it a flat rate? Ok so you made 38k doing nothing but made 200k when working, so whats the average? That wasnt enough information to evoke any sympathy. It almost sounds like, based of that alone, they just want more......as we all do.

My overly-simplified take is writers are feeling the effects of a general "freedom to contract" (which has admittedly been pushed by the companies with more and more favorable agreements for corporate interests over the last few years), and now you have a point where the Union has decided the current status quo of expected negotiation terms are unreasonable. Not sure there's any legal recourse to prior arrangements--you can't go back and sue for more money on a previous deal, for instance--but moving forward the Union wants to reset the status quo and the parameters of future negotiations subject to the CBA.

Agree w/ tr1ll tr1ll --as I see it based on limited information--it just appears to be writers wanting more and producers thinking not. Not sure there's any genuine moral outrage that can flow from this strike.

Well, I would imagine the Ryan Reynolds' would show solidarity with the lower level. Aint no way in the hell they think they dont make enough money.

Back
Top Bottom