WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Again don't see the problem with the guy playing Deathstroke being 20 cuz due to his costume you'll never know he's 20. It's about the visuals not when you were born.

A 20 yr old can play a guy in his 40s.

Also it's really not about what the fans want. Fans were not clamoring for an older Batman. They just accepted Snyder was about to do his version of TDKR.

I still don't see the reason why Deathstroke should be an older guy as if he and Batman have this long history or something. Did I miss some comics? He's not a Bat-villain. If anything h should go fight Grayson and Cyborg.

I gotta disagree. Saying you don't care about a guy's age who is playing a role of a masked character isn't right.
That's hypocritical, you were just saying don't tell you you're wrong for believing Deathstroke should be the same age as Batman but I'm not right for saying I don't care about the age of an actor playing a masked character.

That **** only matters if the mask is coming off and you're stretching it by making the an older actor play younger or going the extra mile forcing a younger actor with the mask off to play much older. If the mask stays on it doesn't really matter.
If Spidey never took his mask off you'd be ok with a 40 year old playing him?
Yes.

I think Tobey Maguire almost 40 or is 40 now. I'd welcome him back as Spidey easily.

If Panther never takes off his mask you'd be ok with Tom Hanks playing him? Lol
We talking about age and you jump to Tom Hanks playing Black Panther :lol: :smh: :stoneface:

Think about that.

I'm not comparing the history between Batman and Deathstroke. I'm just using Batman's age as an example since Deathstroke has mainly been seen as being older than Batman. Even in Arrow he was older than Oliver.
Where has this been established?

Just cuz Batffleck older doesn't mean Deathstroke has to be. Batman being older than Superman firmly establishes that the ages of heroes or villains do not have to follow any guideline at all.

Arrow doesn't ******* matter. That show is literally about Oliver just starting out as the Green Arrow.
He's supposed to be a seasoned vet. I don't see what the arguments about honestly
Still could be. Not like you need to know he's old to show that.

Last edited:
Deathstroke has always been established as a white-haired old man.
Slade-Wilson.jpg

That's hypocritical, you were just saying don't tell you you're wrong for believing Deathstroke should be the same age as Batman but I'm not right for saying I don't care about the age of an actor playing a masked character.

That **** only matters if the mask is coming off and you're stretching it by making the an older actor play younger or going the extra mile forcing a younger actor with the mask off to play much older. If the mask stays on it doesn't really matter.
Yes.

I think Tobey Maguire almost 40 or is 40 now. I'd welcome him back as Spidey easily.
We talking about age and you jump to Tom Hanks playing Black Panther :lol: :smh: :stoneface:

Think about that.

Just cuz Batffleck older doesn't mean Deathstroke has to be. Batman being older than Superman firmly establishes that the ages of heroes or villains do not have to follow any guideline at all.

Arrow doesn't ******* matter. That show is literally about Oliver just starting out as the Green Arrow.
He's supposed to be a seasoned vet. I don't see what the arguments about honestly

Where do I start...

You basically said masked characters don't have to fit their character description. A 20 year old can play a 40 year old because he wears a mask. My point is, why stop there? Why not let Tom Hanks (white) play Black Panther since he's wearing a mask.

Again, you're bringing up Batfleck.. IT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE. It could be Bale. My point is Deathstroke should not be 20 years old. He's always been an older character.

What's crazy is saying an actor could be way younger than the character he's playing because he's wearing a mask. But turn around and saying its not ok that the masked character is a different race than the person portraying. You can't just pick and choose what aspects of a character you want to defy. Leave that to the filmmakers

You guys feel that the CBM trailers reveal too much?

Depends. AOU trailers revealed a lot. BVS trailers revealed a whole lot. I have a feeling for CW they showed restraint. There has to be more to the movie than what we've seen. We haven't seen much of the villain. We haven't seen BP speak. We only saw a little itty bit of Spidey. I don't think they've shown us the climax in the trailer. I don't think they've shown us the best fight. Etc. etc.

For the AOU footage they showed us the best fight and the climax in their trailers.

Last edited:
I'm hoping there's not a bunch of different tv spots with new footage in the upcoming weeks. I'm perfectly fine with what's been shown of Civil War. I'm good until it releases

Extensive Deathstroke discussion in a marvel thread. Now I understand how it must feel like for dc people when we discuss marvel stuff in the dc thread.

Yes.

Think about that.

Where do I start...

You basically said masked characters don't have to fit their character description.
No I didn't.

I said the ages don't matter as much.

The thing here is you're trying to sell the idea that Deathstroke's age = character description. Haven't been doing the best job of that so far with your Black Panther Tom Hanks comparison for obvious reasons.

A 20 year old can play a 40 year old because he wears a mask. My point is, why stop there?
You don't have to stop there. We can make Deathstroke a female too.

You just gotta come up with a better justification than what if Black Panther never takes off his mask :lol:
Why not let Tom Hanks (white) play Black Panther since he's wearing a mask.
Cuz the Black Panther is a black African king of a fictional country in the Marvel universe.

He isn't just a guy in a mask.

However, if you're talking about a movie where Panther never talks and is never seen out of his costume sure go ahead and do that Tom Hanks movie. It'd be interesting to see how THAT would be pulled off :lol:

Again, you're bringing up Batfleck.. IT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE. It could be Bale. My point is Deathstroke should not be 20 years old. He's always been an older character.
I'm saying it doesn't matter what Batman age is. Batffleck or Bale's Batman or Clooney or Kilmer. Batman's age has nothing to do with Deathstroke's.

What's crazy is saying an actor could be way younger than the character he's playing because he's wearing a mask.
That's not crazy at all. Watch some movies.

Young actors play older characters ALL OF THE TIME.

Even if we're not talking about masked characters. The costume and makeup departments make young actors look older. Hell in Coming To America Eddie Murphy and Arseino Hall were playing older black and Jewish men for comedic effect.

But since we're talking about a guy who keeps his mask on the majority of the time while he's killing ppl it doesn't matter as much.
But turn around and saying its not ok that the masked character is a different race than the person portraying.
Well that's stupid for obvious reasons unless you're making a comedy or a purposely offensive movie.

I don't think I have to explain to you why a person's race isn't the same thing as a person's age. Trust that's a much longer argument if you seriously don't know the difference and want to argue that they're the same.
You can't just pick and choose what aspects of a character you want to defy. Leave that to the filmmakers
Yes you can :lol:

Before you tried to justify this by saying the fans wouldn't want it now you're saying leave it to the film makers. Make up ya mind :lol:

If deathstrokes not old, whats the point?

imo not an interesting character if he's not old.
I don't find him interesting either way which is why I don't see the difference if somebody young plays him.

Is this like a badass oldman thing like Cable?

Extensive Deathstroke discussion in a marvel thread. Now I understand how it must feel like for dc people when we discuss marvel stuff in the dc thread.
It's happened many times before.

Short memories.

Last edited:
How in the blue hell do you know this? :lol:

We don't even know if Deathstroke is in DCEU :rofl:

At the end of the day, the point is they can make him as young or old as they want to be since the film follows no comics of timeline, it is all brand new for the most part.

How do I know? Yes, we don't know how hold he is in the DECU but Deathstroke is mainly portrayed as a older man.

Now you can argue that they can make him whatever age they want. That's fine. That's like me saying Marvel could make Spidey 30 years old too, right? But fans wouldn't want that.

But don't try to tell me I'm wrong for believing Deathstroke should be an older guy that's at least Batman's age and not a 20 year old.

I am saying you could be wrong in saying Deathstroke is an old guy in the DCEU. Batman and Superman are usually about the same age, if you can accept the fact that they made Bats 10-15 years older than Superman, then don't be surprised if they make Deathstroke younger than how he is usually portrayed. Hell they made Lex Luthor younger (looks to be in his 20s) and it isn't even the Luthor we know, this is Lex Luthor Jr.

All I am saying is the same rules do not apply to DCEU and you just can't say that "YOU KNOW" that he is older in the film when first you haven't seen the film and two you haven't seen the film. :lol:

I mean believe anything you want, no one is going to tell you here that Santa doesn't exist but FACT is you don't know if Deathstroke is older in the DCEU and you are kidding yourself if the fans wanting something is what will actually make it reality because this is still DC and all you really have to look at is Fox with doing what the fans want and be prepared to be vastly disappointed.

But hey, got to give you props for the confidence in your posts, almost made me believe you were in the film itself and playing old Deasthroke himself. :rofl:

And again if the studios simply follow what the fans want, Bryan Cranston would be playing at least one character in each CBM by now.

Last edited:
That's another point that's more specific. You really don't know how this film universe is different than the comics, cartoons or tv shows you're relying upon.

Examples:

Beast shouldn't be able to transform in to a blue beast at will.

Mystique shouldn't be portrayed as a Mutant freedom fighter that was some weird pet/adopted sister/ward of Charles Xavier.

Superman shouldn't murder.

Batman should have detective skills.

Eddie Brock should be yoked.

Deadpool should be the merc with a mouth. Not some experiment with his mouth sown shut with several other mutant abilties

I'm sure I could go on and on.

Last edited:
writers can use source material as inspiration but at the end of the day as long as they are able to make interesting characters and good story it doesnt matter how closely they stick to the comics 

That's another point that's more specific. You really don't know how this film universe is different than the comics, cartoons or tv shows you're relying upon.

Examples:

Beast shouldn't be able to transform in to a blue beast at will.

Mystique shouldn't be portrayed as a Mutant freedom fighter that was some weird pet/adopted sister/ward of Charles Xavier.

Superman shouldn't murder.

Batman should have detective skills.

Eddie Brock should be yoked.

I'm sure I could go on and on

i mean yeah sure but I think many of those things are mistakes, just like I think de aging deathstroke would be a mistake. we judge these things case by case.

honestly i think the changes they have made to mystique have been msotly good. makes her more interesting.

i don't care if they stick to the material I care if the changes they make are intresting, a lot of those changes you named make the characters LESS interesting.

Last edited:
Eddie brock should be yoked, I think its a visual motif for the toxic masculinity he represents.

Superman shouldn't murder for reasons I think we have gone over ad nausem.

Batman doesn't have to be a detective becuase that probabaly doesn't translate to the type of action blockbuster hollywood wants to tell but it would be better if he was.

beast should be stuck in his blue body, because that's the whole god damn point. :lol:

Last edited:
I actually like the new costume a lot more than the ASM2 one

it looks like it was made to optimise spiderman's ability to do work in battle while the ASM2 one just looks like a silly costume 

Back
Top Bottom