WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

AoU >>>>>> A1 by a long shot.

Critics wanted to try and nitpick on Avengers 1 climatic battle because of it being in the generic city landscape of NYC like a big Transformers battle from Michael Bay. What does Joss Whedon do? Throws a brick at your mouth and essentially puts the final battle in the first 30 seconds of the sequel in a Northern European setting with snow in the mountains! He puts the best part of A1 in the the first 30 seconds of A2, insane. (That's how you silence critics about a final battle, Zack Snyder)

I get it, Ultron's mouth moved. He wasn't as dark as he could've or should've been and the Black Widow/Hulk love story is all kinds of :stoneface: but we get Vision, the most comic book like of all the Avengers on screen. The final conversation between Vision and Ultron is not only beautiful but is telling of what kind of movie Joss Whedon was going for I'm assuming before Disney investors intervened. Even with the tweaks and small gripes, I can truly say AoU as of right now is the best MCU film to date. Very close second is WS. AoU just nonchalantly gave you too much Marvel lore to be overlooked. It didn't force it down your throat like say...BvS. By the way am I the first to say Hulkbuster vs Hulk >>> Batman vs Superman? Cause it is.

Last edited:
aou wasn't a fun watch for me. I dunno why. The trailers for the movie had me more hyped than the actual movie.

The trailers are what truly stopped the film from being all time great in people's eyes. I could only imagine how fast EMT's would have gotten to me in the theatre if I had not seen nor even heard of Hulkbuster being in the film. That seizure would've been epic.

Naah. Trailers for AOU were great. There are no strings on me was perfect for the villain and the context created in the film.

That's exactly what I mean. The trailer were great...too great. They gave away too much because they were so caught up in the hype. By the time of the Super Bowl they showed the whole Hulkbuster/Hulk fight. Vision should've never been shown in any promotional art or trailers.

I remember watching AoU for the first time and the first scene with Scarlett Witch where she walks backwards out the door and they fast forward it :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: I see what Joss Whedon was tryna do man. It was just Disney wanted too much. Hopefully the Russos are making the movie they want to make. They love spiderman too :wow:

AoU was good but it missed whatever A1 had.

Hopefully CW will bring the fun back.

The thing that's "missing" is the feeling of seeing them all on screen together for the first time. It's like sex. There's only 1 first time. The 2nd time is still cool, but nothing can recapture the magic of that first time.

Last edited:
I remember watching AoU for the first time and the first scene with Scarlett Witch where she walks backwards out the door and they fast forward it 
this was great, wish she moved like that more often. really puts the "witch" in "scarlett witch" 

AoU was good but it missed whatever A1 had.

Hopefully CW will bring the fun back.

The thing that's "missing" is the feeling of seeing them all on screen together on screen for the first time. It's like sex. There's only 1 first time. The 2nd time is still cool, but nothing can recapture the magic of that first time.

I always hear that but my first time wasn't that magical at all :lol: :/

That last montage of them all fighting Ultron and his bots is arguably the most 
eek.gif
 moment in CBM history. **** was poetry.

Nothing is topping that feeling of seeing them all in action for the first time tho..i went to go see A1 at about 10 that friday it came out and was back at 12 that saturday to see it again 
laugh.gif

That last montage of them all fighting Ultron and his bots is arguably the most :wow:  moment in CBM history. **** was poetry.

Nothing is topping that feeling of seeing them all in action for the first time tho..i went to go see A1 at about 10 that friday it came out and was back at 12 that saturday to see it again :lol:

View media item 1970185
Enjoyed the ending to Avengers more than Age of Ultron

View media item 1970187
But the opening to Age of Ultron>Opening to Avengers.

The more I watch AOU, the more I appreciate it..

Especially vision.. His lines man

Like telling ultron after he calls him naive "well I was just born yesterday"

The more I watch AOU, the more I appreciate it..

Especially vision.. His lines man

Like telling ultron after he calls him naive "well I was just born yesterday"

I laughed so hard the first time hearing that line. That is a good *** didn't think about it til I heard line

In a movie with RDJ as tony flippin stark.. Them making fun of cap the whole movie about "language"

The whole 'roll over and show your belly'.. 'Go to sleep go to sleep'.. The smart talk during the mjlonir scene

Vision had the lines of the movie.. Dude dropped "I am" :wow:

Back
Top Bottom