WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

$1.5-$1.7 billion for Civil War :nerd:

I could see it. Those predictions sounded on point and reasonable.

That Thor: Ragnorok talk has me intrigued tho :nerd:

Last edited:
Wow, I literally just talked to someone who was dead serious about looking more forward to Age of Apocalypse than Civil War :wow:

He was also convinced that XMen and Civil War was going to crossover

I told him no, but then he said, 'But they did already! Quicksilver was in Age of Ultron'

I'ma let him flourish :lol:

Last edited:
:rofl: @ Ragnarok doing more than Justice League.

Son got balls.

:rofl: :rofl: @ Rob trying to say why it'll do big cuz of Cyborg and Aquaman. Maybe if the Aquaman movie came out before JL.

Rob got me HYPED for the Captain Marvel casting.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is excited for or even interested in Ragnarok so it'd be a surprise if it made any kind of notable bank

And not letting Mamoa-Man flourish in his own movie before JL....
mean.gif

Last edited:
Been watching age of ultron here and there since it's now on cable..

I was really too hard on it.. Haven't been able to watch the whole thing from start to finish to give a proper revised /8 grade.. But a lot of rewatchable parts

Better movie than I originally thought

age of ultron is a fun watch

delivers on the two things everyone wants in an avengers movie, great action and characters interacting with eachother

Whenever I've seen it on I watch for a bit.. Could do without the hulk/BW love story, but I get its point

Stuff at Hawkeye's ranch are slow.. But there is something watchable right around every corner

hulk/BW love story is my only major issue with it

the ranch has the cap/ironman scene that fits into the movies plot while setting up civil war

and tony talking to fury which is great insight into tony's motivations

With A1 it was like a gradual curve that maintained its course until it slowly but surely peaked

AoU felt like an ekg reading. It'll build momentum but then it'll die and then momentum will pick up again. It'll lull at the wrong spots.

The Hulk Widow story was one of those lulls.

I like that slow build up. But once stuff picks up I don't want it to slow down again.

Last edited:
hulk/BW love story is my only major issue with it

the ranch has the cap/ironman scene that fits into the movies plot while setting up civil war

and tony talking to fury which is great insight into tony's motivations

I get the need for both.. Just only slow parts of the movie.. So need to watch the whole way through again to revise

Also what hurt it for me originally was watching a bad bootleg copy.. Also had way to high expectations going in

Assuming we're going see klaw again, wonder why they had ultron cut off his arm above the elbow..

I mean I get why the arm was cut, obviously.. Just why so high

Last edited:
"I don't think it's that simple"

Vision's response to cap's question epitomizes cap to a T

AoU was good but it missed whatever A1 had.

Hopefully CW will bring the fun back.

1. I would say the element of awe from seeing the characters on the screen for the first time couldn't be replicated.

2. They walked a line with Ultron and how scary he should be. The should have made him scarier. The moving mouth was very Disney.

3. Joss Whedon didn't have the ability to go all out. There are sequels that are already known to the public. On the one hand, it sent other studios scrambling to follow suit. On the other hand, the concept is a bit of a spoiler in itself to the general movie going audience.

With that being said, I'm thinking the Russo brothers are going to really make their mark on Hollywood over the next few years. The ensemble cast isn't resting on the shoulders of one person anymore. Also, they directed the majority of Arrested Development (and Community) so they clearly have a knack for witty character interaction within intertwining storylines. They seem very poised and in sync in every interview I've seen and I'm pretty sure they don't bother with social media. They basically have my money already. They just need to keep doing what they're doing.

So now they're casually throwing Larson in the Captain Marvel discussion? :lol:

i need Umberto so cite me as his source

rewatched Avengers last night with the lady. Forgot how much of a jerk Stark was....
Team Cap all day

AOU for me was good, just a clusterf

Back
Top Bottom