WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I still believe that vision IM had is gonna come true in IW due to Thanos and down the line Scarlett Witch brings everybody back. Including her brother.

Last edited:
tobey maguire's wiki has him credited with a cameo in SMHC

i know wiki's aren't reliable but i think it'll be cool :lol:

I still believe that vision IM had is gonna come true in IW due to Thanos and down the line Scarlett Witch brings everybody back. Including her brother.

You could have any of the Avengers bring everybody back via attaining the Infinity Gauntlet for a brief moment, during which they also use it to get rid of Thanos.

I honestly don't see myself devoting 13 hours to another Marvel Netflix series outside of maybe Punisher.

It's almost painfully formulaic to me right now

I haven't even watched Luke Cage :lol:
I don't see the common formula in JJ and DD for you not to go and watch LC.

Other than the good guys win.

LC is radically different than anything Marvel Netflix has done to date.

I feel like DD LC and JJ are all radically different from each other

DD is a straight vigilante show

JJ was about rape, ptsd and overcoming your tormentor...with a little but of mystery

LC was about a public figure that emerged to represent the black community and the pushback from his enemy because of that. At least the first half of it was. What LC did wrong was they shoehorned the crazy brother the second half of the season instead of leaving him for another season.

Yeah, the plots are all different but it feels like they more or less recycle the same tropes to move the action forward. The friends all function the same, the love interest is really just there to be either in the way or hurt/killed and there's always an old black dude who has to get smoked :lol:

really they're just too slow and too long lol it's too damn TV out there now

They should bring Quicksilver back legit. With Coulson, Bucky, Loki, Nick Fury, Groot, etc. dying and coming back, they should let Kick-A** flourish in these movies. Every team should have a speedster. Give him a better costume too.

How do reality warping powers work Vs. Something like the gauntlet?

Thanos could just un-do anything she does, right?

Yeah, the plots are all different but it feels like they more or less recycle the same tropes to move the action forward. The friends all function the same, the love interest is really just there to be either in the way or hurt/killed and there's always an old black dude who has to get smoked :lol:

really they're just too slow and too long lol it's too damn TV out there now

Well, a lot of superhero shows/films are going to use similar tropes, since they're based on a genre that itself stems from one figure. In general, similar tropes will appear in a variety of different works. All you've really mentioned is three things though. The major plots and themes that drive the shows still remain different, the villains being faced are different, the drive force behind each main character's story arc is different, etc. So, I don't really get what you're talking about to be honest.
How do reality warping powers work Vs. Something like the gauntlet?

Thanos could just un-do anything she does, right?

That Gauntlet gives the users reality warping powers.

That netflix post was like 5 paragraphs long and i broke down how the tropes the plague the genre as a whole are abundant it every iteration of every comic adaptation but those are usually films and require 2 hour investments, instead of 13. But I said **** it because it's was just me finding 20 different ways to say the shows are too long and don't hold up to the other options of entertainment currently available.

I don't even **** on the shows, I liked JJ and both Daredevil seasons. And i was excited for Luke Cage when it dropped, heard all positive stuff from friends, critics etc but I watched it sit in my queue as I ran through episodes of other stuff that Netflix released. It got to the point where the need to watch in order to be a part of the conversation overcame the actual interest in the character for me. The feeling became "I gotta watch 13 episodes of this just so i can be prepared for when 13 episodes of the new thing comes out", I don't want my entertainment to feel like homework.

I mean, i don't expect this to be a common opinion in here :lol: it comes down to the entertainment =/= the time invested That's really it.

Wait wait Luke Cage was whack?
Even though the second half of Luke Cage wasn't as good as the first and that final fight was cringe worthy, I love the show as whole.

There are people in here that say DD Season 2 was whack and I loved that too 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom