WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Spiderman doesn't need Tony Stark to sell the movie. Spidey is literally the most popular character in all of comics. It just needed to be a good movie, not hijacked by some other character.

To be completely seriously for once, I think it's terrible that Tony is shown more in the newest trailer than MJ, or Liz Allen. I thought the emphasis of the movie was supposed to be about Pete in high school? If this movie is just Iron Man 4 in disguise... [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
Tony/RDJ is what sells. The marketers know what they are doing. Even if he's in it for 5 minutes, he's going to be plastered as if he was a star of the movie

In 2017 I don't think Spider-Man is the most popular comic book character to the general public

Not even gonna lie. Iron Man is the main reason I'm juiced to see the new Spider-Man. Straight up.

Last edited:
Maybe the reveal is that this Venom will exist in a universe where Spidey is dead,and that they are slowly tryna build up to a Spider verse movie :nerd:

Now that would be an interesting strategy. Make a bunch of movies that don't tie to the main world, and if they suck or its not well received it won't damage the mcu at all

But, if it's all well received, then boom... You can do a Spider verse series that headlines the mcu's Spidey.

Last edited:
Spiderman doesn't need Tony Stark to sell the movie. Spidey is literally the most popular character in all of comics. It just needed to be a good movie, not hijacked by some other character.

To be completely seriously for once, I think it's terrible that Tony is shown more in the newest trailer than MJ, or Liz Allen. I thought the emphasis of the movie was supposed to be about Pete in high school? If this movie is just Iron Man 4 in disguise... [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
Tony/RDJ is what sells. The marketers know what they are doing. Even if he's in it for 5 minutes, he's going to be plastered as if he was a star of the movie
Have you seen the box office numbers for Spider-Man movies? It's actually been a steady decline since Spider-Man 1. 2,3, As,As2 all have been declining. Spider-Man as a character is popular but not so much at the box office anymore. Homecoming without Iron man would probably make around 600-700 million. You can add an extra 100-150 million just for the iron man cameo

RDJ as iron man is box office gold these last 5 years. Captain America wasn't gonna pull a Billi without iron man in it

Also Batman is the most popular character in all of comics followed by Superman

Last edited:
Naaaaa Blake, Spidey is by far the most popular character if you go by merchandise, comics sold, etc etc. Bats is second.

You can't go by just movie sales.

Last edited:
Toys, comic books, box office?

In the battle of Marvel vs. DC Comics, there is one clear winner
This story first appeared in the Nov. 21 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

Much has been made of the arms race between Disney's Marvel Studios and Warner Bros.' DC Comics to create superhero movies through 2020. Less debated is a key financial underpinning of the war: Licensing revenue generates tens of billions of dollars for Hollywood companies, and DC needs a heroic effort to catch Marvel in licensing profits.

Read more Stan Lee Media Precluded From Asserting 'Spider-Man' Ownership

On Oct. 15, Warners CEO Kevin Tsujihara said that if he can close the current gap by half, the studio could earn an additional $150 million a year in profits. How big is the gap? In May, License Global placed Disney first among licensors with sales of about $41 billion in 2013; Warners was seventh with $6 billion. Both have strong properties: The Licensing Letter listed Marvel's Spider-Man global retail sales at $1.3 billion and Avengers at $325 million in 2013, compared with DC's Batman at $494 million and Superman at $277 million.

See more Bam! Bang! Pow! True Tales From Marvel's 75-Year History

"Marvel has a big head start," says Ira Mayer, publisher of The Licensing Letter, adding, "It's not that Warners can't do it, but it is going to take a lot of time and money and energy to make it happen."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...r/news+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

The reason I said general public is because the general public doesn't buy comic books

When it comes to total revenue generated by a comic book character I don't think Spider-Man is #1 in 2017

Edit-I didn't see the article. Sheesh

Last edited:
I still don't think that effects a films box office. Facts are Iron man movies and movies with iron man do better than movies without and Spider-Man movies are on the decline

For those who have seen the ultimate Spiderman cartoon, tony is playing the fury role

Am I the only one that thinks that homemade suit fight with vulture isn't in the 3rd act?

Thor is a bad example, but I think it's going kinda be like that.. start out with suit - screw up and tony takes it away (like the kid who crashes the car) - 3rd act redemption and he demonstrates maturity and tony gives it back to him

TASM 2 is considered a massive failure on almost every account by everyone not named Lame but it still made more than MoS

seems like 700 million is the absolute floor for him

Am I the only one that thinks that homemade suit fight with vulture isn't in the 3rd act?

Thor is a bad example, but I think it's going kinda be like that.. start out with suit - screw up and tony takes it away (like the kid who crashes the car) - 3rd act redemption and he demonstrates maturity and tony gives it back to him
he's trying to steer that plane with his suit in the homemade suit. would be really strange for that to not be somewhat of the climatic moment

I think the moral of the story was be you don't need the suit to be Spider-Man. That goes out the window of the climax isn't him without the suit

"Wack dialogue and story" = "I specifically don't care to see a specific aspect of the story"?

Why you frontin on me man, we supposed to be brothas!

No beef here. A trailer came out. I spoke on a trailer. Some got hurt and misinterpreted. I shouldn't have to specify that I was speaking on a trailer. I thought the humorous dialogue was wack and I don't care for that aspect of the story I outlined in previos posts.

Disagree; in addition to what Robin said regarding the plane scene

The boat SM2 homage scene with IM is too climactic to be first act and too devoid of character resolution (IM takes the suit away in response) to be third act.

I may need to watch the trailer again; the suit was taken after that right?

Last edited:

I think the moral of the story was be you don't need the suit to be Spider-Man. That goes out the window of the climax isn't him without the suit

We don't know what the moral of the story is..

Going by the ultimate Spiderman and other teen movies.. we've seen it before where kids do reckless stuff, get in trouble.. and then have to clean stuff up to close

Let's remember hulk buster was kinda early.. airport scene in CW wasn't the ending.. marvel has had big scenes outside of the ending

Plus looks like he get his ***** handed to him.. don't think that's how the movie ends

Disagree; in addition to what Robin said regarding the plane scene

The boat SM2 homage scene with IM is too climactic to be first act and too devoid of character resolution (IM takes the suit away in response) to be third act.

I may need to watch the trailer again; the suit was taken after that right?
probably but that could just be how the trailer is cut.

I think the problem with Tony giving him more and more powerful suits comes down to having to create better and better versions of a suit just like he does his. I think Tony giving him one now, and maybe Peter asking for one later is enough.

Back
Top Bottom