WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Spoiler about appearances in GOTG2

OG Guardians show up in this film
Kevin Feige: They’re definitely the original Guardians. That was the fun of it and when James had the idea to do more with the Yondu character – who is also an original Guardian – there was the notion that he had a team once like Peter does now. That’d be fun to see them. And [Ving Rhames] is definitely Charlie-27.
Where we see them in the future, time will tell.
James Gunn: With all the post-credits scenes on this movie, they’re all funny and fun, and most of them are things we hope to see continue on in the MCU. Whether that’s a supporting role in future movies or whatever, I think it would be great to see those things and those characters show up.

It was then asked if James Gunn could identify the rest of the team.
James Gunn: Well, you can read the credits so. Right? I mean, yeah, Ving Rhames is Charlie-27. Michelle Yeoh who I’m an enormous fan of from – I’m a big fan of ’90s Hong Kong films. She’s a very wonderful person. She is Aleta Ogord who is the other Starhawk, the female Starhawk.

“Who’s the red alien guy” someone then asked.
James Gunn: He’s not in the credits. Should say it? That’s Krugarr. And then Mainframe is the last one.
Kevin Feige: Have you told anyone who Mainframe is?
James Gunn: I haven’t told anyone, yeah. Should we?

The crowd laughs loudly.
James Gunn: Oh I think I actually did. I blew it. I told one person.
Kevin Feige: It’ll get out.
http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-original-team/

Last edited:
I wonder how they get Nebula to work with them.

I like how they don't have matching uniforms.

Recently, Kevin Feige took time to chat with Fandango about the state of the MCU and its casting future. The site asked the producer which Hollywood veterans were on his hit-list for an upcoming feature, and Feige was able to confirm Marvel Studios did meet with Al Pacino at one point. However, in the coming years, it looks like the company has apparently nabbed several heavyweight stars.

“There are a few that are coming up, actually," Feige explained. "I'll keep this spoiler-free, but be assured that there are more surprises of that caliber heading into our universe in the next few films."

As for whether Al Pacino is one of those stars, the executive producer said that was not quite the case.

"No... not in this case," he said. "Someday, someday, but there are others that I'm thinking of right now."

:smokin

Miley Cyrus is in GotG2 as...

lifestyle blogger Sarah Ruhlman has spilled the goods via her Twitter account, revealing that none other than pop superstar Miley Cyrus will provide the voice of Mainframe in the movie. As avid Marvel Comics fans will know, Mainframe is actually the name of two separate characters - but this is the alternate universe version of The Vision, not Iron Man's android.

Collider’s own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige in anticipation of the release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and when asked about the studio’s upcoming filming schedule, he revealed that they decided to change course and shoot Infinity War and untitled Avengers 4 as two separate movies:

“We’re doing them one right after another… It became too complicated to cross-board them like that, and we found ourselves—again, something would always pay the price. We wanted to be able to focus and shoot one movie and then focus and shoot another movie.”

Indeed, the Russo brothers previously revealed their intention to make Infinity War and Avengers 4 feel like different films, right down to the cinematography, which would make shooting both movies at the same time extremely difficult. Not to mention the fact that the massive ensemble cast is mighty busy—Chris Pratt alone has been juggling Guardians 2 press duties and filming on Jurassic World 2.

So when will the untitled Avengers 4 shoot? This August, says Feige. That means Infinity War’s shoot will likely wrap up in June or July, though as the Russos and most of the same cast move right along into another movie, the opportunity for pick-ups or shooting extra scenes for Infinity War is rather easy, so it’s possible there may be some additional Infinity War content yet to be shot even as filming on Avengers 4 gets underway.

Another thing Feige said is they're basically not doing the traditional "Phase" formula after A4

My guess is the solo films with have more organic character pairings (like Thor 3) and won't necessarily build to Event - Major team up films.

Lol I liked GotG, but I really really hope the climax isn't decided by another dance off. I want some solid action from this franchise.

fibjln4hnxsy.jpg

Had no idea Gunn beat out Peyton Reed (Ant-Man) and the two Captain Marvel directors for GOTG.

So

Much

Talent

My lawd....this might just be the best Marvel movie cast I've seen...my man Sterling was 1/3rd of the force carrying This is Us, dudes acting chops were incredible...BRAVO

Back
Top Bottom