WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

The thing that GotG 1 had going for it was that it was unlike any mcu movie seen before. Now for GotG2, everyone is familiar with GotG...now reviewers be like, 'So what else you got?'

There will probably be a disconnect between fans and reviewers here.

The thing that GotG 1 had going for it was that it was unlike any mcu movie seen before. Now for GotG2, everyone is familiar with GotG...now reviewers be like, 'So what else you got?'

Bout time I agree with you on something again.

Yeah.

First GotG broke the mold.

Sequel is within the mold, as it probably always was going to be

You have to read/watch the reviews though, Gunn did something different by separating the stories in sections/characters so they felt more disjointed and supposedly made too many jokes part of the film.

Of course Marvel can't be great 100% of the time but seems like this one was a step back.

I haven't seen a review yet where they expected it to be much better, most negative comments seems to be what I mentioned before which isn't necessarily that they expected it to be extremely different like the first one was.

I guess I got to wait 1.5 weeks to find out ourselves.

You have to read/watch the reviews though, Gunn did something different by separating the stories in sections/characters so they felt more disjointed and supposedly made too many jokes part of the film.

Of course Marvel can't be great 100% of the time but seems like this one was a step back.

I haven't seen a review yet where they expected it to be much better, most negative comments seems to be what I mentioned before which isn't necessarily that they expected it to be extremely different like the first one was.

I guess I got to wait 1.5 weeks to find out ourselves.
Well Gunn did say that they disbanded somewhat and went on their own paths. If executed right, that's not a big problem to me. Breaking them up into smaller groups allow for more development, and everybody loves development. So I can see this film being more character driven than plot driven.

As far as the humor goes, we'll just have to wait and see for that. Drax seems to be over his lust for Thanos at the moment, and Groot is a baby tree. Maybe I'm silly, but I expected more humor it. For those reasons, and Gunn has said there would be more. As long as they don't have another ending like the first, I'll be fine. It seems like instead of overly expanding the world, he seems to just have took what worked in the first one and amplified it. 

Last edited:
That is the thing, reviews are saying the separation wasn't executed well and pacing is one of the main issues. Also, it seems the main story is on Starlord and his dad while everyone else's supposedly just felt like it was just there.

I am sure a lot will have varying views here including how much joke is too much so we'll see if the movie is Martha approved.

It better be good. I'm going to watch that and then the new alien movie a few weeks after which probably will be a mess.

It better be good. I'm going to watch that and then the new alien movie a few weeks after which probably will be a mess.

I'm reading that overall it is still a good and entertaining film, just not as good and seems like the characters being separated caused some of them having less "moments" in the film.

Marvel kind of got these films on a assembly line these days, it's not a question of whether the film is "good or not" but a matter if "how good is it".

I've read that every member gets their shine. Except Mantis. She's kinda there for comedic relief.

Last edited:
Saldana might have revealed the title for A4, in an interview she said that they have to go back to film Gauntlet later this year.

all she said was "all have to go back for Gauntlet later this year", that could be short for something or it might just be like the faux filming title to fool people (like Luke Cage filming name is Tiara) but that is what she said

A3 is title Infinity War from what I understand but that could still change

The reviews for Guardians indicate what I was preaching to the masses years ago. People just hyped it up because it was new. Guardians 2 come with more action, more jokes and Baby Groot and now people are like "eh" :lol: James Gunn's corniness couldn't fool people this go round. Ironically I'm excited for the film. I still think it clears a billi as well

Back
Top Bottom