WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

[thread="583561"]What do you mean; like people are giving it too much of a pass on certain aspects?[/thread]

yup.. i kinda feel that way about logan too.. not that either is bad.. but i dont see the same levels that are being attributed to either film

both have some very very good things going.. but i also think they have some obvious flaws that would have killed other films

my 2 biggest problems with WW the more i think about it:

1) with them specifically addressing her losing faith in man and not doing anything for around 100 years.. i have no clue how this move ends on hope

2) aries in his whole reveal speech talks about how little work he really has to do to destroy man, so why then does he even feel the need to fight?
- hence why i say he needed to be more zemo.. also figured the whole "she must never know" stuff from the beginning would play a different role like maybe aries was really her father or something

1) I feel like they just straight up ignored BvS which is fine. BvS was **** anyway

2) He was a Zemo type. Manipulating other ppl to fight was what Zemo did and what Ares did too. As far as bragging to Diana that he didn't barely had to work to get man to fight each other, he was trying to point out to Diana that man was not worth saving. He was trying to influence Diana to join him their whole fight lol. Then Diana thought of Steve sacrificing himself and that's what she went super Saiyan and did the whole 'You're wrong, man is worth saving' spiel blah blah blah

Michael Shannon was the only thing I liked about MoS
these 2:

maxresdefault.jpg

nam-ek.jpg

What makes him not Zemo? Cuz he fought Diana?

That fight was started by her cuz she thinks killing him would make man stop fighting. He's not going to stand there when she's attacking him lol

That fight was started by her cuz she thinks killing him would make man stop fighting. He's not going to stand there when she's attacking him lol

Wasn't exactly that simple.. at first I didn't even think dude was actually physically there

But considering his overall spoken goal, what point did fighting her actual serve?

Zemo didn't actually care what the result of cap vs IM was, just that they reached that stage with each other.. zemo was the real winner in CW

I assumed the point of WW would be that man is so screwed that aries didn't have to do anything to win.. with or without him man would turn to war

Wasn't exactly that simple.. at first I didn't even think dude was actually physically there

But considering his overall spoken goal, what point did fighting her actual serve?

Zemo didn't actually care what the result of cap vs IM was, just that they reached that stage with each other.. zemo was the real winner in CW

I assumed the point of WW would be that man is so screwed that aries didn't have to do anything to win.. with or without him man would turn to war

He wanted WW on his side. He was trying to convince her the whole fight and after Steve sacrificed himself, Ares thought he had her but he was dead wrong. Pun intended.

He wanted WW on his side. He was trying to convince her the whole fight and after Steve sacrificed himself, Ares thought he had her but he was dead wrong. Pun intended.

She really should have been his daughter.. it would have explained so much

Why they didn't want her to know.. but still having the need to train her (like Luke).. then would explain her 'father' trying to convince her to come to his side, when he really didn't need her

Cause really, he didn't need her.. and home girl went and kicked her feet up during another WW and chilled out during MOS anyways (keeping it to major events.. like the dropping of a nuke)

The classic I didn't tell you to protect you but you'll end up finding out about it anyway trope ay.

Last edited:
They just didn't want her to know a God was after her. Imagine how scary that'd be for a kid to know.

And the mother was reluctant to actual prepare her for her supposed purpose.. and even in case dude would find her

Pretty sure they continued to say that even when she was older

Quote:
Originally Posted by amel223 View Post

They just didn't want her to know a God was after her. Imagine how scary that'd be for a kid to know.

Yeah the typical I don't want to tell you to protect you but you'll end up finding out about it anyway trope ay.

Last edited:

And the mother was reluctant to actual prepare her for her supposed purpose.. and even in case dude would find her

Pretty sure they continued to say that even when she was older

Mother's reluctance to train at her when she was a teen had to do with her fear that her growing strength would make it easier for Ares to sense her.

Then auntie said, he's going to find her anyway, and then moms was like, K just train her really hard then. Lol

man.. im really curious what folks who love WW had to say about first avenger.. cause there are alot of overlaps, some good and some bad

the ending was pretty cringe worthy (the fight with aries).. but man when that ending scene when dude went to get on the plane, all that popped in my head was they really going have a dude named chris go out in a plane too

they already had enough parallels with TFA.. but didnt think they would go with that one too 

A guy named Chris playing a guy named Steve flying a plane in WW1 [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom