WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

i dont get the gotg love. movies were the definition of meh.

that black panther trailer was so damn fire. cant wait for it.

thor 3 is getting great reviews :smokin

i bought spidey yesterday. its a good start. not great but good. michael keaton killed it though. happy for dude getting his 2nd wind in hollywood. dudes come a long way from manager at bed bath and beyond :lol:

Guardians 2 >>>>>> Guardians 1. Guardians 2 should be the only Guardians movie to be honest. It appropriately chooses not to take itself seriously compared to the trash that was Guardians 1. How many times is a crying raccoon suppose to tug at our emotions :stoneface:

Damn. So you just want the raccoon to just be Arnold in Commando?

Yes that would be cool but would wear thin. He needs to be a fully realized character if we're going to follow him for multiple movies

The last shot of Guardians 2 was Rocket shedding a tear irrc :lol:

I can't mess with Guardians 2 like that. There's a very strong "LOOK! MORE OF WHAT YOU LIKED LAST TIME!" vibe that comes with it.

And to me there's a case of very rapid, what I call "speed date" characterization.

Like the entire purpose of many scenes is to put together a selection of characters, who then suddenly become wellsprings of emotional expression. But this is done at the expense of considerations for tone and plot.

It was done in order to create the illusion of balance (with regards to the comedy), and communicate to us the viewer that look, Guardians 2 is really just an essay in character, but in disguise! But the subject matter and overall tone of the movie reject this assertion, and the narrative becomes discordant.

It was discordant because the simple truth of the movie is that it is an 80s music video montage, strung together by cutaway-style "everything everyone says has to be silly" humor.

You'll never be able to capture the draw and novelty of an original installment through its sequel. I do appreciate a lot of the character exploration in GOGT2 (loved the Quill/Ego stuff), but that philosophy of expansion did not apply to, and often clashed with, the rest of the movie.

GotG 2 is my favorite marvel movie

Visually beautiful movie

Great opening. Great ending.

Characters you can connect with.

If you have to nitpick I guess you can say the movie tries a little hard to be funny at times. That's about all the criticism I would give it

I wish the Russos had Gunn's visual talents

GotG 2 is my favorite marvel movie

Visually beautiful movie

Great opening. Great ending.

Characters you can connect with.

If you have to nitpick I guess you can say the movie tries a little hard to be funny at times. That's about all the criticism I would give it

I wish the Russos had Gunn's visual talents

visually stunning is the only thing i feel it had going.

part 1 had a dance off in the final battle and part 2 had more forced laughter than a tv sitcom with a laugh track.
Still 100× better than both Thor movies.

Either your taste is that bad or Thor 1&2 were so forgettable you forgot how bad they were.

Still 100× better than both Thor movies.

Either your taste is that bad or Thor 1&2 were so forgettable you forgot how bad they were.

i need to watch thor 2 again. its been some time. thor 1 was good though.

GOTG2 >>>

One of the most emotional cbm's to come out. Movie was mad funny. People can pretend it wasn't.

Thor 1 was good for what it was. I think at the time of Thor 1's release, it was only the third movie in the mcu. The mcu has really evolved since.

Thor 2 improved over Thor 1 but the improvement was not that dramatic. Not like the difference between Cap 1 and Cap 2

I remember after seeing IM1 being worried about the MCU cuz Cap and Thor were not good but weren't terrible.

Everybody seemed to gloss over it due to the overall plan and was being built to. Then IM2 wasn't good either. Now Avengers was great but I think that it was better than anything else out and it was such a monumental moment it gets that nudge in to classic territory. Only around then I knew they knew what they were doing.

Iron man 1 I swear got this acclaim outta nowhere. The movie is great of course but I personally have Winter Soldier and Dr. Strange over Iron man 1

With additional movies, it will climb further down the list of course

But it’s often considered the definitive MCU film. Again, I love the film but feel like the film got placed on a pedestal out of nowhere. I remember the film being out and having a ho hum reaction, especially with that summer having Indiana Jones, Speed Racer and of course The Dark Knight. I remember Incredible Hulk being my favorite out of all of those summer films :lol:

Back
Top Bottom