WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Movie was really dope.

What I love is how deep we are in the Marvel cinema universe where genres can merge and take place in real time on the screen.

For example, Thor, Loki, Valkyrie all mythical gods on a planet that would typically be in a sci-fi film. Wow! It’s so dope seeing them use the tech in those worlds too, just so unique and different to movies in the past (at least the ones I saw).

A few years ago these type of movies were a dream for me.

Movie was great
"The suns getting low, the suns getting low." Had me dying :lol:
Thor running game on Hulk about Banner and vice versa :rofl:
Everytime Korg was like "Hey man...." :lol: The scissors joke :rofl:
Cate and Tessa killed it
Lovin the direction Hulks going in, can't wait to see what happens next and if there is a mini square off with Thanos following the ship encounter.

Movie felt light too.

Thor will return in Avengers: Infinity War :pimp:

Loved the movie but gripes:

I hated the first 2 Thors and give no ****s about the Warriors 3, but Thor's character should have, and it was poor writing to gloss that over and not even have Thor ask about them

Did I miss something regarding why Sif was not in this?

Surtur literally being a semi-comedic plot device as opposed to a character (not that I care about surtur like that)

No resolution or further acknowledgement of the Banner/Hulk conflict or his fear that Banner will never return. Banner's reduction to plucky comic relief.

The continued lack of real Loki sorcery type powers in the MCU, aside from illusions. IDK it feels like he's always doing some front line fighting when that's really not Loki. I got hype when he looked about to give Dr. Strange that sorcery work but Strange just washed him lol

Hela's awesome character development but weak *** defeat

Why did that happen to Odin again?

That's about all I got

So 93% of critics shouldn't have liked the movie?

That's what it means. Not that its an A grade of a movie.
Most ppl who still complain about RT scores are stupid.

When they say some movie shouldn't have that RT score they're really saying all those critic's opinions should not be that.

Nevermind the fact the audience score for Ragnarok is 89%. They'd probably complain about the majority of fans opinions and the 4% difference if they understood it at all.

Hela's awesome character development but weak *** defeat

Why did that happen to Odin again?

That's about all I got
Don't really disagree with the rest. Thor mourning the warrior's 3 could've been a good emotional moment.

As for Hela, I don't for one second think she's dead but for defeat, it is Surtur. Like she wasn't gonna win one on one. Now I did say myself that could've been its own long 10 min fight but its a villain fighting a monster villain. I knew they weren't gonna dedicate time to that.

I recently saw part of the first Thor yesterday and Odin drops to the ground in to the Odin sleep. Recovers by the end in and is back in charge in Dark World but after his wife dies he's weak again. So weak Loki is able to take his place and leave him under his spell on earth. Then dude just commits that in Ragnarok.

I think the old age has just got Odin and he was ready to die. In the comics he goes through phases like that to explain his numerous deaths and to me it always seems his mind state is connected to his Power levels. It doesn't get much of an explanation in the comics either. In one instance he's fighting off celestials, the next son is too weak and mentally paralyzed to face his brother. Son drops in to the Odinsleep any time the plot demands it, usually in stories where Thor or Loki become king. I think in the whole cycle he's just meant to die any time Ragnarok is near.

Last edited:
Hela was looking fine in that movie. New marvel bae. :evil:

But yeah this was definitely the best Thor. It felt a lot like a GOTG film though

Still got Winter Soldier, Civil War and Avengers over this.

The humor is good but I'm starting to feel like Marvel's forcing too much humor in these movies.

Still enjoyed it though. Marvel really can't do no wrong right now.

You're on point with that comment bout how they missed the boat with the Hulk transformation dropping from that ship. Could've been an epic moment.

Instead, they chose to stay with comedy

I like comedy but that movie was a comedy from beginning to end. Would've liked if at some point they decided 'ok we done playing games, let's get serious'
This was already done though in IH, that's why it was parodied.

Nayghtyhare trollin hardbody :lol:

Talmbout Thor 1 was better than this and that both Guardians were trash, with the second one being a bit better

WRONG....your opinion is trash fam.
:lol: guarantee if you go back to when those were released he said those were trash too. Son gotta be the unhappiest dude on the planet.

On the humor spectrum, I want the Infinity War movies to be closer to CW

CW had funny moments but was mostly dramatic and tense

I want to rep Amel. WTH is going on?

I love CW. It's the best Avengers movie. (Yeah, I said it.) Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Ant-Man are my favorite "Avengers" introductions. They had some of the coolest scenes when they could of been throwaway characters lost in the main Iron Man and Cap conflict.

Seen it last night. For as good as the movie was, it was forgettable. It’s definitely a fun movie but in the bigger picture, it does nothing. Spoiler, but the destruction of Asgard didn’t really carry any weight. I remember leaving CATWS and freaking out cause there was no more SHIELD. I was distraught as there’s always been SHIELD since the first movie. It was one of the driving forces of the MCU. But with the destruction of Asgard I was left feeling there was no heft to it. Then the fact that we won’t get to see an Odin vs Thanos battle, I’m really left upset.

But Hela.. my damn she looked good. When she was sitting on that throne I was like I need that for my phone wallpaper lol.

Also, in the infinity trailer Thor has both eyes. So what’s up with that?

I want to rep Amel. WTH is going on?

Uhh why wouldn't you want to rep me ?

confused-black-girl-duh.jpg

Seen it last night. For as good as the movie was, it was forgettable. It’s definitely a fun movie but in the bigger picture, it does nothing. Spoiler, but the destruction of Asgard didn’t really carry any weight. I remember leaving CATWS and freaking out cause there was no more SHIELD. I was distraught as there’s always been SHIELD since the first movie. It was one of the driving forces of the MCU. But with the destruction of Asgard I was left feeling there was no heft to it. Then the fact that we won’t get to see an Odin vs Thanos battle, I’m really left upset.

But Hela.. my damn she looked good. When she was sitting on that throne I was like I need that for my phone wallpaper lol.

:lol: at the spoiler

It was always meant to be a stand alone movie, so the bigger picture wasn't stressed

The destruction of Asgard wasn't supposed to have much weight. With Shield being on Earth, there's going to be a different feeling.

And you insane if you thought you was gonna see Odin vs Thanos :lol:

They did that to avoid spoilers. Much like he had both eyes in the Ragnarok trailer. I also remember them doing something similar with the civil war trailer. They made a couple edits different from what we actually saw in the movie.

Yeah IW should have the balance of CW.

:lol: What made you think Thanos and Odin were ever gonna fight?

Some of yall have these never mentioned expectations.
It was a purposeful lie they did to keep the reveal a secret until ppl saw the movie.

I hope they do it a lot more.

Next one should be showing Thor fine for IW2 but then in the movie he's missing an arm.

Last edited:
:lol: at the spoiler

It was always meant to be a stand alone movie, so the bigger picture wasn't stressed

The destruction of Asgard wasn't supposed to have much weight. With Shield being on Earth, there's going to be a different feeling.

And you insane if you thought you was gonna see Odin vs Thanos :lol:
I feel the destruction of Asgard had the proper emotional weight to it for Asgardians.

The first 2 Thors sucked so its no way it'd be a huge heartbreaking moment for viewers and even fan.

The important thing is the ramifications for the next destinations of the Asgardians and new Asgard.

I don't get ppl wanting every movie's plot to add to the big picture. Same complaint for GotG2. Infinity war coes out next year.

Asgard is destroyed, Odin is dead and Thor is the new king, Loki most likely has the tesseract, and at the end Thanos ship is towering over the remaining Asgardians ship. That's more than enough to add to the big picture.

I'm expecting this complaint if BP and CM are standalone as well.

Back
Top Bottom