WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

but yeah man
me and my son and like 4 other black folks in the movie
were super hype during the bp trailer :lol:
movie gonna be so damn dope :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik

Marvel has a vast amount of alternate universes that explain different origins, deaths, and storylines.

when it comes to the MCU, why cant it just be another alternate universe?

why do fans get so worked up over the MCU not lining up they way they want it to?

Thought I replied that when I read it before.

I'm seeing the bigger problem though.

MCU was real good to start out the gate (with some meh to solid stuff in between but nothing DCEU or FoX-Men terrible). Then the movies got better and they set a pretty high standard. So those not fully satisfied with a great MCU movie are left to nitpick and complain about too much comedy or forced comedy. Some times its understandable but of the worse thing about a movie is the jokes you don't have a damn thing to worry about.

And I get those who loved TDK and would prefer a great quality movie with that seriousness and those stakes but that's obviously not what the MCU is going for for most of their solo characters and teams. For the majority, it makes sense anyway.

Then as you refer to there are the comic faithful fans that accepted things were different at first but for some reason still expected movies to mirror or directly adapt story beats in the comics as they went on.

Like even non Thor comic fans can see the potential a Thor movie should have and they squandered it with the first two. So when some hear the 3rd is actually great they assume some faithful to the comics adaption when it really is everything they got wrong with first 2 done right in the third with a GotG type feel to it.

Either those ppl will get it, keep hoping in vein or just give up on it.

Last edited:
Thought I replied that when I read it before.

I'm seeing the bigger problem though.

MCU was real good to start out the gate (with some meh to solid stuff in between but nothing DCEU or FoX-Men terrible). Then the movies got better and they set a pretty high standard. So those not fully satisfied with a great MCU movie are left to nitpick and complain about too much comedy or forced comedy. Some times its understandable but of the worse thing about a movie is the jokes you don't have a damn thing to worry about.

And I get those who loved TDK and would prefer a great quality movie with that seriousness and those stakes but that's obviously not what the MCU is going for for most of their solo characters and teams. For the majority, it makes sense anyway.

Then as you refer to there are the comic faithful fans that accepted things were different at first but for some reason still expected movies to mirror or directly adapt story beats in the comics as they went on.

Like even non Thor comic fans can see the potential a Thor movie should have and they squandered it with the first two. So when some hear the 3rd is actually great they assume some faithful to 5he comics adaption when it really is everything they got wrong with first 2 done right in the third with a GotG type feel to it.

Either those ppl will get it, keep hoping in vein or just give up on it.

thanks for the explanation

in an effort to understand Marvel ive suscribed to Dopespill and ComicsExplained on Youtube. after watching a Marvel Universe History playlist on ComicsExplained i got to see just how vast the history of Marvel is.

**** is DEEP. almost as is Stan Lee created his own Greek Mythology

if one wanted to start out reading comic books, where does one start?

Yeah fav character is a good way to go and then from there check the comic book thread and get some suggestions for the best comic runs for that character.

If you're trying to get the full depth of the MU though, that'll take decades. I've read the Spidey, F4, Hulk, and X-Men runs up to date and I'm nowhere near done.

Yeah fav character is a good way to go and then from there check the comic book thread and get some suggestions for the best comic runs for that character.

If you're trying to get the full depth of the MU though, that'll take decades. I've read the Spidey, F4, Hulk, and X-Men runs up to date and I'm nowhere near done.

yeah, iFanboy has a ‘where do i start’ section that i used for Black Panther and Ironman. after i finshed those i became interested in the full depth of the MU and i started watching those videos.

learning that the most well known characters are mere peons compared to characters like Galactus or the Beyonder or Jim Jaspers really caught my attention

thanks for the help

Since Taika was down for secret revealed sisters I'm hoping it can be done again.

Thor: The Tenth Realm would make for a dope 4th Thor movie.

yeah, iFanboy has a ‘where do i start’ section that i used for Black Panther and Ironman. after i finshed those i became interested in the full depth of the MU and i started watching those videos.

learning that the most well known characters are mere peons compared to characters like Galactus or the Beyonder or Jim Jaspers really caught my attention

thanks for the help
Crazy Jim Jaspers :pimp:

To get a bit more of that world view I'd say try F4 or Avengers comics next.

Get put on to Korvac, Phaeder, Kang, etc.

Last edited:
Since Taika was down for secret revealed sisters I'm hoping it can be done again.

Thor: The Tenth Realm would make for a dope 4th Thor movie.

Crazy Jim Jaspers :pimp:

To get a bit more of that world view I'd say try F4 or Avengers comics next.

Get put on to Korvac, Phaeder, Kang, etc.

bet.

will do.

Korg absolutely killed it

"You rode off on the hammer?"
"The hammer rode you? Like on your back"
"Oh my God. The hammer pulled you off"

Yeah IW should have the balance of CW.

:lol: What made you think Thanos and Odin were ever gonna fight?

Some of yall have these never mentioned expectations.

I don’t think it’s wrong to had assumed a possible Odin and Thanos showdown considering Asgard held one of the infinity stones. I mean I can only speak for myself but the moment the tesseract came back to Asgard the assumption was Thanos would come to get it leading to a square off with Odin. Don’t think it was that far fetched of an idea.

I feel the destruction of Asgard had the proper emotional weight to it for Asgardians.

The first 2 Thors sucked so its no way it'd be a huge heartbreaking moment for viewers and even fan.

The important thing is the ramifications for the next destinations of the Asgardians and new Asgard.

I don't get ppl wanting every movie's plot to add to the big picture. Same complaint for GotG2. Infinity war coes out next year.

I'm expecting this complaint if BP and CM are standalone as well.

But it’s also a fair assumption. The movies in the MCU have always been based upon adding to the bigger picture. It’s not so much a complaint as an assumption. If it was supposed to be it’s own stand alone film, fine. But I feel is fair to assume that every MCU film is supposed to add to the bigger picture. Maybe they’ve just spoiled us to much over the years.

No its not. Homecoming didn't add to the big picture. Ant man didn't. Doctor Strange didn't. IM2 and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom