WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

No its not. Homecoming didn't add to the big picture. Ant man didn't. Doctor Strange didn't. IM2 and so forth.

Ant man with the quantum realm did since it’s gonna introduce Captain Marvel supposedly. Doctor Strange did because there’s an infinity stone in it. Spider-Man, ok, but it’s also a Sony film so I can see why it’s not supposed to add to the bigger picture in the MCU.

I don’t think it’s wrong to had assumed a possible Odin and Thanos showdown considering Asgard held one of the infinity stones. I mean I can only speak for myself but the moment the tesseract came back to Asgard the assumption was Thanos would come to get it leading to a square off with Odin. Don’t think it was that far fetched of an idea.
I don't think you're wrong and I get your reasoning but I just didn't see that as an expectation based on what has had happened in the movies.

Dark World happened in 2013, I wasn't sure
Odin would even return for IW. Plus I was kinda expecting him to be killed in Ragnarok anyway (albeit in a very different way).
But it’s also a fair assumption. The movies in the MCU have always been based upon adding to the bigger picture. It’s not so much a complaint as an assumption. If it was supposed to be it’s own stand alone film, fine. But I feel is fair to assume that every MCU film is supposed to add to the bigger picture. Maybe they’ve just spoiled us to much over the years.
I don't think its fair at all.

I felt it was pigeonholding movies a lot by the time Avengers happened.

I'm happy movies like TWS, Ant-Man, GotG2 showed you can still make good movies in a shared universe.

Even though they weren't good IM2 and IM3 weren't geared to add to the bigger picture either.

Also who said the quantum realm would have anything to do with Captain Marvel? I remember when it was brought up and Feige commented on it he said that would connect to Dr. Strange and the reveal of multiple dimensions.

Ant man with the quantum realm did since it’s gonna introduce Captain Marvel supposedly. Doctor Strange did because there’s an infinity stone in it. Spider-Man, ok, but it’s also a Sony film so I can see why it’s not supposed to add to the bigger picture in the MCU.
You realize that blue cube Loki stared at was an infinity stone right?

Ok guys, serious topic here.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END

Me and my boy are having a discussion about just how awesome the MCU is, for me personally. I have never been so emotionally invested in movies like this in my life. I'm at a point where just thinking about Infinity War gives me goosebumps. I swear if after Avengers 4 if all the movies are gonna be thrash I can live with it. We have been spoiled for damn near 10 years, when the hell is the luster going to rub off?

Never bro. Marvel will be great forever. Just think. These heir will prolly be retired or die or minimal roles in movies and then Strange, BP, CM, Spidey etc will be the new guys.

Then when another threat comes out everyone will be reunited once more :wow:

:lol: that's like in 10 years doe

Me and my boy are having a discussion about just how awesome the MCU is, for me personally. I have never been so emotionally invested in movies like this in my life. I'm at a point where just thinking about Infinity War gives me goosebumps. I swear if after Avengers 4 if all the movies are gonna be thrash I can live with it. We have been spoiled for damn near 10 years, when the hell is the luster going to rub off?

I don't think it will for the foreseeable future. I have total confidence in Black Panther and Infinity War. What happens after that with Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel should give us an idea if this quality will continue to hold up.

Marvel built there comics off of this and it’s paying dividends in this 2017 box office movie age. There heroes have always been flawed people that just so happen to have superpowers and navigating the trials of life is just as hard as saving it. Spider-Man will always be more enjoyable on screen than say a Superman because there’s a level of relatability with Marvel heroes. When Peter is stressed over flaking on his friends or Tony turns to an alcohol bottle, it’s all relatable. People will never want to stop seeing or resonating with that

Here’s how I think of it. What Disney has is basically a cinematic universe. Have they fallen off since they started? No. Have they dropped some duds here and there? Yes. But overall, they’ve been consistent and have delivered the same style of movies over and over.

Disney owns Marvel. Marvel is following Disney’s blueprint. I think Marvel will be successful 50 years from now.

Marvel built there comics off of this and it’s paying dividends in this 2017 box office movie age. There heroes have always been flawed people that just so happen to have superpowers and navigating the trials of life is just as hard as saving it. Spider-Man will always be more enjoyable on screen than say a Superman because there’s a level of relatability with Marvel heroes. When Peter is stressed over flaking on his friends or Tony turns to an alcohol bottle, it’s all relatable. People will never want to stop seeing or resonating with that
Agreed. The invincibility and lack of character flaws in Superman really works against him. The closest in the Marvel Universe would be Captain America, but even then the Civil War debate makes it an interesting narrative depending on whose side you're on.

I think DC still has the 2 most popular comic characters in batman and superman though with marvel having #3 in spiderman. It just seems to be hard to make a good superman movie

I think DC still has the 2 most popular comic characters in batman and superman though with marvel having #3 in spiderman. It just seems to be hard to make a good superman movie
I can see the Batman argument but it seems like Superman's popularity has really fallen off with "kids" nowdays. Speaking from anecdotal observation of course.

Is that still a thing? I remember when around the time the first Avengers came out, that was pretty much fact that those were the top 3 CB characters in the world but 2017 is a different world from 5 years ago.

Like, if somebody said Iron Man is the most popular Comic Book character in the world right now, I'd buy it. No point arguing GOAT, because that's too subjective. I'm talking right now, right now.

As long as Feige is there, the MCU will be fine
You said it best, as long as he is the architect and still helming things then I have absolutely nothing to worry about. Does DCEU have one guy running the show over there? There needs to be one singular vision and multiple people executing it

After reading the spoilers and comments in this thread, this movie sounds great.

Trying to find a way to catch it in the theaters soon.

No one cares about Supes anymore. His comic has been lame, the movie was cool, but then they killed him :lol:

Ironman has definitely rose in popularity.

Supes can be super popular again, just got to think outside the box

The current incarnation of Supes is bad: he's super broody, flat, no personality, and his alter ego is stiff and boring

Supes can be super popular again, just got to think outside the box

The current incarnation of Supes is bad: he's super broody, flat, no personality, and his alter ego is stiff and boring
I'm terrible afraid DC going to force some type of "Superman is gay/bisexual/transgender/pansexual" story line to appease the SJWs.
I'm all for diversity but if comic book authors are going that route, just create a new character.

I'm terrible afraid DC going to force some type of "Superman is gay/bisexual/transgender/pansexual" story line to appease the SJWs.
I'm all for diversity but if comic book authors are going that route, just create a new character.
Lol a gay superman would be much more interesting than what we got

Back
Top Bottom