WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Still thinking about this movie...

Other favorite moments...

When Killmonger walks to the throne after being crowned king, the camera rotates, and that 808 kicks in; literally the other side of the coin (since he’s the opposite of T’Challa) is being personified in that scene. >>>>>

Regarding 77% adudience score. I know a lot of DC FAN BOYS set out to give it low scores even before the movie came out. Sure that has a lot to do with it.

I can't cosign that sentiment. I know us DC fans can be a bit passionate, but I find it hard to believe that that 77% audience score is a result of DC fans. Maybe a few, but not a significant amount. That there is a result of racist trolls. Especially given the subject matter

I mean I’d say it’s anywhere from 7.5 to 8.5, probably closer to the higher end after I watch it again. So technically I guess RT isn’t that far off. The script needed a little bit of work and it felt rushed towards the end. You really didn’t even need Klaw in the movie and give all his scenes to Killmonger

But also a lot of other movies are rated too high, so in comparison to others, yes BP should be much higher. So I guess you can chalk that up to racists etc. no way Dr strange should be higher than BP

I’m always confused about MBJ. I don’t think I’ve ever found him to be impressive in any of his roles but I’m told that he is by everybody, so I’m always left at a loss. Not that he’s bad, it just feels like it’s always some variation of himself and not a character

Sort of like how Denzel or Mark Wahlberg will put out a movie and they basically are just playing themselves
After watching it last night the biggest thing with MBJ was IMO he didn't fit with the cast or the role he was playing. Felt like he was forced into the movie. First when he was in scenes with the rest of the cast he didn't fit. Every person in there had character and authenticity in both their appearance and facial expressions. The women's skin, makeup, and wardrobe were striking. The men's appearance gave them some gravity. But when you'd get a shot of MJB he looked like he should be dancing in a GAP commercial, instead of a man who has a lifetime of anger pent up in him.

Some might say well he was from Oakland, not Wakanda, he's going to look different. This leads to my second point. He's supposed to be the highest level operative/mercenary type with hundreds, if not thousands, of kills on his record. Why does it look like he's been getting facials instead of crawling through harsh terrain? He felt more like ODBJr doing a soup commercial instead of someone who has seen the worst of life and has the chip on his shoulder to show for it.

Maybe Coogler was just doing a solid for his muse. Rest of the casting was amazing.

You trippin fam! Not even worth watching at all. F4 and the Hulk were trash but I enjoyed Daredevil when it came out but I probably wouldn’t even watch it now.
So no mention of the first Hulk, F4 take your pick on which one, all terrible and let’s not forget Daredevil with ol Ben affleck

Ghost rider was atleast better than F4, hell i rather watch Ghost Rider day over Last Stand and Hulk.

I haven't seen all the Marvel movies, but the worst one I saw was Spiderman 3. Venom is my favorite comic book character and I left that movie incredibly butthurt

After watching it last night the biggest thing with MBJ was IMO he didn't fit with the cast or the role he was playing. Felt like he was forced into the movie. First when he was in scenes with the rest of the cast he didn't fit. Every person in there had character and authenticity in both their appearance and facial expressions. The women's skin, makeup, and wardrobe were striking. The men's appearance gave them some gravity. But when you'd get a shot of MJB he looked like he should be dancing in a GAP commercial, instead of a man who has a lifetime of anger pent up in him.

Some might say well he was from Oakland, not Wakanda, he's going to look different. This leads to my second point. He's supposed to be the highest level operative/mercenary type with hundreds, if not thousands, of kills on his record. Why does it look like he's been getting facials instead of crawling through harsh terrain? He felt more like ODBJr doing a soup commercial instead of someone who has seen the worst of life and has the chip on his shoulder to show for it.

Maybe Coogler was just doing a solid for his muse. Rest of the casting was amazing.
This is also something that I’ve noticed. He didn’t look like what he was supposed to be protratijg. Maybe this was a choice by coogler idk. On another forum I was on, a poster said “he looked too hood to be a cia op”. I took offense to that because “too hood” ***** with that racist nonsense. But I would’ve expected something more along the lines of a gruff, bearded jaded kinda merc. Not a handsome fashion model

Also they didn’t do a good job showing off his MIT or tactical skills that he should have. He seemed to much of a normal guy(well movie normal)

Y’all trust the audience score? I never even look at it.

You have to think that most people taking the time to review it have strong feelings for or against it. The majority of people don’t take their time rating movies on RT. They’re either huge fans or, in this case, racists/trolls trying to pull down he score.

I give credence to the critic score though, because those are usually a much less emotional/personal take on a film.

Audience scores are inherently more flawed than professional critic scores IMO.

Who cares, though. Best comic book movie of all time easy. Those who’s opinions actually matter agree.

In terms of MBJ not “fitting in” with the rest of the cast, that was the point. I’m not sure how many of you all are black Americans who have been to Africa before but you stick out like a sore a thumb. Everything you say and do is under a microscope because you’re such a novelty to them. This is me speaking with African parents mind you, still feeling as if I’m “out the loop”. That’s why I say the nuances that Coogler went to capture African culture and in turn how he went about showing the dynamic between African and African Americans was VERY deep. Killmonger was from Wakanda but still didn’t fit in. And they used his overbearing dialect to show the dichotomy. In terms of his look however, I do feel as though his look wasn’t as militaristic and stern as his character in the film is meant to be but he breaks a wanted fugitive out of the CIA’s grasp so they showed he’s a hell of a tactician. And him beating T’challa in hand to hand combat showed the extent of his military background too. Killmonger was a very fun villain.

Y’all trust the audience score? I never even look at it.

You have to think that most people taking the time to review it have strong feelings for or against it. The majority of people don’t take their time rating movies on RT. They’re either huge fans or, in this case, racists/trolls trying to pull down he score.

I give credence to the critic score though, because those are usually a much less emotional/personal take on a film.

Audience scores are inherently more flawed than professional critic scores IMO.

Who cares, though. Best comic book movie of all time easy. Those who’s opinions actually matter agree.

cant ever trust a critic score for any Disney movie. they buy their critics. Star Wars TLJ is an example for that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/business/disney-la-times.html

Well **** me. No more rotten tomatoes, then.:lol:

Over The Dark Knight? No way.
I don’t know, man. Maybe I’m a prisoner of the moment and it’s the personal feeling I got seeing it in Harlem, but knowing how much this movie and more specifically this story (dealing with the being African or African-‘American’) impacted people makes it so much more important for me.

The Dark Knight kind of expanded possibilities for comic book movies in creating a great all around film, I think Black Panther does something similar on a larger scale in expanding on the topics these films can tackle with any real credibility.

I haven’t seen a comic book movie before this one create a discussion about pride and appreciation of culture. Heath Ledger as the joker was amazing, and there probably isn’t a performance in this movie as good, but seeing a character who represents an actual people and struggle that has a long history in this country, I can’t help but feel it more.

And it helps that Ryan Coogler is both a 31 year old dude from Compton, and one of the best directors of our time.

I’m biased, though.:lol::pimp:

One of the Best directors of our time?? :wow: :wow:

Definitely caught in the moment.

One of the best up and coming. Yes.

One of the Best directors of our time?? :wow: :wow:

Definitely caught in the moment.

One of the best up and coming. Yes.
‘Of our time’ is too broad a term, but of this newer generation of directors on television and in film, he’s easily one of the best. Can’t see how that’s debatable with the track record.

How much further up can he go?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom