WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

We never saw him in costume until T’Chaka died however. Which is how the mantle is passed. He was in training to take the throne and be the Black Panther and it’s safe to assume he was doing the work as the Panther where his father physically couldn’t do it or had to fulfill more sovereign matters but once he died T’Chala’s title of Black Panther became official along with his title as king.

He had to have consumed the herb prior, given everything that comes with it..

Also m'baku says "you couldn't even protect your father"

Also during the ceremony it is specifically said he was stripped of the powers of the black panther

So is the King of Wakanda not always the Black Panther?
No. Not always.

Sometimes the best warrior of Wakanda wins/earns the mantle.

Keep in mind though, to be king you gotta fight for it in ritual combat so you see why sometimes the BP is also king.

It's the same for the comics to an extent. In recent BP runs, Shuri was queen while T'Challa was BP and vice versa. Before that, when T'Chaka was king he held the BP mantle and after his death his brother S'Yan became BP until T'Challa was old enough to become BP.

We never saw him in costume until T’Chaka died however. Which is how the mantle is passed. He was in training to take the throne and be the Black Panther and it’s safe to assume he was doing the work as the Panther where his father physically couldn’t do it or had to fulfill more sovereign matters but once he died T’Chala’s title of Black Panther became official along with his title as king.
This is completely wrong.

T'Challa has been the Black Panther in the MCU since before Tony Stark revealed to the world he was Iron Man.

This was established in that MCU tie-in comic. It was posted in here like over a year ago.

T'Challa was Black Panther for 8 years when his father died.

Not seeing T'Challa in the suit prior to his father's death is irrelevant since he literally debuted in Civil War and there was no reason to see him in the suit @ the damn UN.

Last edited:
Also, T’Challa created his suit much prior to his father dying. T’Chaka remained king but relinquished the title of Black Panther to T’Challa.

Coldest words errr said by BP:

4a9b3f9222aba979c93529c6afef791f.jpg

So many good quotes in the film. This was originally the lines that stood out to me. Now, it’s his talk with Black Widow and Zemo.

Civil War Tchalla> Infinity War T challa> Black Panther T Challa

Just asking, what did Black Panther do in IW that was better than what he did in his own film? Though I do agree that he was at his best in Civil War due to Black Panther being more about who was behind the mask. Same with Homecoming.

Time travel is kind of a cheap way to fix things.

if this is the route they go, i wonder if killmonger gets brought back on a righteous path since his character was loved by most :nerd: what about klaw :nerd:

Just asking, what did Black Panther do in IW that was better than what he did in his own film? Though I do agree that he was at his best in Civil War due to Black Panther being more about who was behind the mask. Same with Homecoming.

Well we can agree to disagree but he opened Wakanda for the first time and let it be the battle field selfless act and fit for a king act. Idk if this was just because it became a meme but I felt the evacuate the city engage all defenses and get this man a shield line was :pimp: to me.

In his own movie Mbaku almost beat him, he let his uncle be killed, didnt want to tell the truth about Killmonger, basically died the first time and would have lost the second time if he didnt knew of some glitch.

I think people like CW Black Panther > His movie because less is more. Black Panther is like Batman. The less we see/hear him, the more of the impact. It’s his mysterious nature that draws people in. Kind of how Blade was so badass in his first film compared to the sequels.

The shot of him running in IW was amazing! Him taking out a pack of outriders on his own was dope (that kick with the kinetic energy)!

Civil War was the perfect combination of T’Chala and Black Panther screen time. Along with the writing.

Last edited:
Well we can agree to disagree but he opened Wakanda for the first time and let it be the battle field selfless act and fit for a king act. Idk if this was just because it became a meme but I felt the evacuate the city engage all defenses and get this man a shield line was :pimp: to me.

In his own movie Mbaku almost beat him, he let his uncle be killed, didnt want to tell the truth about Killmonger, basically died the first time and would have lost the second time if he didnt knew of some glitch.
The not wanting to tell the truth about killmonger was a b move

Throw in the not wanting to accept his L from the ritual fight with grace and he's not that much of a great guy in his own movie

Back
Top Bottom