WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

There are few actors who just flat out fit a role like rdj did with tony

whereas you can just look at them and they have it.. and then they embody that character

marvel has a couple others: Loki, BP and Thor

patrick Stewart is another example, even though those movies were/are mediocre to me.. Ryan Reynolds as deadpool is another great example

jackman as Wolverine isn’t really on that level because I think wolverine should be short and more of a prick

Chris Evans was great as cap, but he moreso made the role his rather than fitting it effortlessly like the above examples.. ledger also fits in a similar manner

You say that Evans made the role rather than fitting it which is your gripe. To me, RDJ made the role of Tony Stark and from there he defined it for every Iron Man incarnation proceeding Iran Man in 2008 rather it comic, cartoon, toy and other appearance. They tailored Iron Man to fit RDJ’s persona ever since.

You say that Evans made the role rather than fitting it which is your gripe. To me, RDJ made the role of Tony Stark and from there he defined it for every Iron Man incarnation proceeding Iran Man in 2008 rather it comic, cartoon, toy and other appearance. They tailored Iron Man to fit RDJ’s persona ever since.

it’s not a gripe

Im just making a distinction.. you could look at professor X and think Patrick Stewart

im not knocking Evans, but I thought he made sense as Johnny storm and wasn’t sure if he’d actually pull off the aspects of cap prior to actually being in the role

even before rdj took the role back when, he was the 1st dude I thought of for the role... he was literally perfect for it.. like with boseman with BP

I wouldn’t have thought of ledger for joker, but he made that role his

but Downey was an extremely talented dude who had substance abuse problems plus he had the look of the character

it’s not a gripe

Im just making a distinction.. you could look at professor X and think Patrick Stewart

im not knocking Evans, but I thought he made sense as Johnny storm and wasn’t sure if he’d actually pull off the aspects of cap prior to actually being in the role

even before rdj took the role back when, he was the 1st dude I thought of for the role... he was literally perfect for it.. like with boseman with BP

I wouldn’t have thought of ledger for joker, but he made that role his

but Downey was an extremely talented dude who had substance abuse problems plus he had the look of the character

Now I get seeing Patrick and thinking Professor X. Outside of black hair, I didn’t think RDJ looked no more like Tony Stark than any other actor with black hair and a beard. Perfect example is Tom Cruise. I just can’t see how one (in general) would see Tony Stark and say RDJ should play him. I’m not trying to argue, it’s more that I feel by saying RDJ fit the role is a huge understatement. He reinvented the whole persona. He made that his role.

Bragging rights — Pre-Black Panther, nobody had Boseman pegged for T’Chala, at least not in here lol. I’m legit the only guy who said it (I posted a pic of him from 42 after he went to town with that bat claiming I think he could pull it off) while most wanted Michael Jai White or Chiwetel to name a few, for BP.

Nah man.. people had been speculating on Boseman heavy for BP

Derek Luke was the only other guy that made sense to me, but he was already in first avenger

and Tom Cruise is a hard one because he’s tom flippin cruise.. I mean if they based the character off of him like marvel had done with nick fury and sam, then sure I could see it.. but that’s not the case

might be on to something
cuz ever since every version of Iron Man ive seen on screen has basically be tailored after how RDJ played it

but man RDJ killed it.
that's my goat right there :lol:
can really say he embodied Stark to the fact that it's pretty much synonymous with his existence lmao

Total bull. Bucky would kill Nightwing. All of a sudden they got Grayson breaking necks to secure victory. Not buying it.

Fan votes are weak.

1581965327228.png

Taskmaster is the only reason I’m watching that movie.

I can’t believe that by years end I’ve gotten to see Taskmaster and Ajax (2016) on the big screen. Those are two villains I never expected to see ever make it there.

Back
Top Bottom