WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

We could go in circles for days. Obviously y’all think Boseman was ACTUALLY T’Challa or something :lol: I brought up the white superheroes to say that they get recasted all the time, Spider Man had 3 actors from 2006 - 2016, Batman will have had 3 since 2012 when Pattinson’s movie drops.

And yes while no one died, y’all being so eager to let them kill off the character for the next 10-15 years (or until MCU restarts) just because they can replace him with another token black character [meanwhile they’d never kill off Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne regardless of circumstance] speaks to the logic of how loosely valued our characters are versus “theirs”. Little black boys dont “need” T’Challa when there’s *other black character who was a side character or afterthought until Bro died*...Superman or Batman would never get that treatment lol you’d never say make a movie about Gotham/Metropolis and Batgirl or Supergirl because the actor who played Bruce Wayne etc dies, “kids can look up to them just the same” :lol:

Also there is arguably precedent with this with Christopher Reeves accident and the late 90’s Nic Cage Kevin Smith Superman movie they almost did. They were planning a Superman V and he got paralyzed and while of course it was ****ed up Clark Kent wasn’t gonna stop being portrayed with Reeves.

none of these are in the same universe

Joel Schumacher was the only director to even work with different actors as Batman.. and who knows what actually was going on with those

hulk is the only major character to be recast in the same universe and that was phase 1 and the actor was a pain and the movie was just OK.. even the hulk itself changed drastically from that movie and avengers

none of these are in the same universe

Joel Schumacher was the only director to even work with different actors as Batman.. and who knows what actually was going on with those

hulk is the only major character to be recast in the same universe and that was phase 1 and the actor was a pain and the movie was just OK.. even the hulk itself changed drastically from that movie and avengers

That was honestly just on them finding Ruffalo too late + Universal not giving them a chance to redeem themselves with more movies

the same universe thing is kinda hard to analyze bc MCU is first time that happened.

still want a solo Ruffalo film.

Y’all honestly think they couldn’t find a decent dude?

We could go in circles for days.
No. We couldn't.

You just posted a whole lotta bull ****. I knew you wasn't gonna stand by any of it. Cuz its ALL MADE UP :lol:

Obviously y’all think Boseman was ACTUALLY T’Challa or something
No.

If you STILL dont get it by now, you'll never get it.

Crazy how you can read a reply (it'd male more sense if you're not reading it) and then respond with a bunch of nonsense NOBODY SAID.

You can't find any post saying the dense **** you making up. It's like you're making **** up just so you can say something back since nobody is making the ridiculous arguments you want to respond to :lol:

I brought up the white superheroes to say that they get recasted all the time, Spider Man had 3 actors from 2006 - 2016, Batman will have had 3 since 2012 when Pattinson’s movie drops.
So?

How many black superhero movies have there even been? How many are as popular as Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman?

Don't worry your Blade and Spawn recast are coming cuz the reason it took so long for that is cuz ppl only saw White as Spawn and Snipes as Blade :lol: :rolleyes

You literally don't know what you talking about man.

Got no evidence to back up the made stance youre arguing.

And yes while no one died, y’all being so eager to let them kill off the character for the next 10-15 years (or until MCU restarts) just because they can replace him with another token black character
Bruh do you even know what a token black character is?

You sound wild stupid.

[meanwhile they’d never kill off Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne regardless of circumstance]
They've done this dozens of times in the comics.

speaks to the logic of how loosely valued our characters are versus “theirs”.
I'm not interested in the value of their characters if you seriously want to make this a black and white thing.

I don't care.

Little black boys dont “need” T’Challa when there’s *other black character who was a side character or afterthought until Bro died*...
What other black characters?

Its sad that's the message you're getting. Super sad you think that's the message being sent to young black boys. It's a good thing you're not in charge of anything like this.

This isn't whats happening. No matter how much you want it to be so you can complain.

Superman or Batman would never get that treatment lol you’d never say make a movie about Gotham/Metropolis and Batgirl or Supergirl because the actor who played Bruce Wayne etc dies, “kids can look up to them just the same” :lol:
If Christian Bale had died before the Batman trilogy was finished Christopher Nolan would've stopped and not make another one. He didn't want to make TDKR after Ledger died and proceeded to remove Joker from it.

Warner Brothers would've done what they've always done. Wait a few years and reboot the franchise like they've done 4 times before.

That's what they did after Batffleck and that's what they'll do after Pattinson.

That's what Sony did with Spider-Man two times. The only difference there is they had to reboot sooner because if they didn't make a movie they'd lose the rights.

That's what Marvel is going to do with Black Panther.

You're wrong and continue to be when it comes to this.

Also there is arguably precedent with this with Christopher Reeves accident and the late 90’s Nic Cage Kevin Smith Superman movie they almost did. They were planning a Superman V and he got paralyzed and while of course it was ****ed up Clark Kent wasn’t gonna stop being portrayed with Reeves.
:rofl: :rofl:

Go and check how many years it was between the last Reeves Superman movie and when the Nic Cage Superman Lives movie was almost made.

:lol: If that's you're example, that's how long we'll wait until the next T'Challa recasting; 10 years.

But it’s cool let the casual audience/Umar Johnson hotep crowd find out bout this as they actually start dropping plot details :lol: Fiege and his white nerves may cancel And reboot the whole damn thing :lol:
Hoteps dont matter.

They didn't make Black Panther a billion dollar franchise.

:rofl: Keep relying on hoteps

Can't even take your L.
D
1607806643473.png
I mean if you can't get your message right, you already failed :lol:

BP mantle already filled. They just aint announce it.

as far as the Star Wars thing, it absolutely sounds like they’re turning it into a thing where it focuses more on the narrative of a region/environment/type of technology than any sole character.
That's not Star Wars though.

What are you talking about? :lol:

The original trilogy was about Luke and Vader. The prequel trilogy was about Anakin. The sequel trilogy is about Rey and the lesser bum Kylo. Rogue One was about an episode IV plot point focused mainly on Jyn Erso. Solo was about Han Solo. The Mandalorian is about The Mandalorian. Clone Wars is about the Jedi, cloned storm troopers, Republic, separatists, Sith, etc. involved in the Clone War. Rebels is about a rebel group rebelling against the Empire mainly focused on Ezra who is also a rebel.

I wonder what Obi-Wan is gonna be about? :nerd:

I could keep going. What Star Wars movie or show or comic or book or special is just about a narrative of a region/environment/type of tech? Which one

What are you talking about? Make it make sense!

Matter fact nothing they said about the future of Black Panther indicates its going to be about a narrative of a region/environment/type of tech.

Can you stop making **** up?

a movie focusing on Okoye, Lupita and Shuri meddling around the forest and they play hot potato with the suit/Wakanda weaponry for the next couple movies bc they don’t think Letitia can be the face of a franchise is black Star Wars :lol: with extra points for Disney and Fiege that it will be led by “strong black women” :lol:
Your imagination SUCKS BALLS :lol:

Leave this to more creative ppl please.

Did you forget who is writing and directing this movie.

If you just gonna ***** and complain cuz T'Challa isnt recasted then guess what, Black Panther is no longer for you.

Time to move on.

Master Zik Master Zik

as far as the convo of black heroes vs. white heroes that is a huge aspect of this even if y’all don’t wanna “compare”. How T’Challa gon become a household name if he never gets the Bruce Wayne Clark Kent treatment of having decades of media representation

comic mantle changes yes but until now with Miles, the concept of a alternate/second mantle identity of a character being the main representation in media is unheard of.

Fiege himself verbatim said they were focusing on “the rich world of Wakanda” which to me sounds like random stories revolving around Okoye, Lupita and Shuri. That sounds like the same type of universe Star Wars is set in where it doesn’t revolve around one singular character but moreso the structure and world of “The Empire, Jedis, the Republic, Sith, etc.” I’m not some huge Star Wars fan to know what they call these regions/worlds but they can plug and play any actors into that dynamic. There are Star Wars movies lined up till 2030 with no apparent connection to Vader/Kenobi/past trilogies etc. just stories in “the universe”

as far as replacements with token characters people in here and other sites I’ve had this convo on said “T’Challa isn’t necessary for black representation because we still have [falcon,Shuri and friends, etc.] which is a horrible and disposable way to look at our characters. Like the individual character don’t matter as long as it’s a black face to fill a quota lol

the last Superman V pitch was 91 which is 5-6 years away from Reeves accident and the Nick Cage movie but I do see articles saying there were other factors anyway like director schedules and Reeves price, etc. I did see sites that say they still wanted him to be in whatever came next until that accident though.

You sound more into the comics than me so other than Shuri where can they go with this lol. I’m just talking **** and will probably enjoy it regardless but as a kid who only had static and cyborg I feel for the kids who lost that representation potentially until they’re teenagers and it don’t matter anymore bc people can’t separate an actor and a role. obviously It’s just fictional characters and all at the end of the day but still...

Anyone can take over the mantle of BP if the story is good. Doesn’t have to be someone that’s been BP in the comics.

black panther 2 is a movie exploring wakanda? not feeling it. if thats the route they go make it a disney plus show. save black panther 2 for the actual continuation of the character.
This is just Feige speak. I’d bet money that they’ve been cooking up the different direction to take this franchise since Chadwick passed, and this was just a basic statement to say without giving anything away, and without being held to comment or statement that could change if they make changes. I honestly think us BP fans have ZERO to worry about. Marvel with handle this tragedy gracefully and correctly.

BTW... if we’re talking about characters kids can look up to... there’s this guy they call Captain America...

prime example of what I mean

I like Mackie/his run as Falcon

But billionaire king that rules nation of advanced black people isn’t necessary character right now because they temporarily are giving Cap’s drinking partner a shield :lol: on top of the fact That I bet homie don’t even ever wear the suit to really call him that

stop crying about this black face there are more black faces for kids to fill in the blank with :lol: this dynamic don’t exist wit white heroes

but I’m hoping they’ll figure it out smoothly

Who says it has to be temporary in the MCU just cuz it was in the comics? This thing has legs that none of these other previous comics franchises have had.

Although I believe they started with all this recasting in the comics for the primary purpose of giving the MCU legs (Sam, RiRi, Jane). People dogged it and sales fell off but the stories were good. Jane’s book was one of the best Marvel runs in the past 10 years.

Master Zik Master Zik

as far as the convo of black heroes vs. white heroes that is a huge aspect of this even if y’all don’t wanna “compare”. How T’Challa gon become a household name if he never gets the Bruce Wayne Clark Kent treatment of having decades of media representation
That doesn't only happen through movies though.

Bruce Wayne became a household name in the 40s. The most popular media for children at the time was radio and comic books. Then time went on it became tv. Then movies.

If you want T'Challa to be a household name he needs another cartoon (last one finished a few years ago), he needs a live action tv show, and he needs more movies.

comic mantle changes yes but until now with Miles, the concept of a alternate/second mantle identity of a character being the main representation in media is unheard of.
Just like the idea of a cinematic shared universe is.

It's a good thing back in Civil War they made it clear BP is a mantle that passes from one person to the next and then reiterated it in BP and had the entire plot revolve around the mantle changing.

If anything that's just as good a message as them wanting to be T'Challa, the message that even they can become the Black Panther (if they meet the qualifications).

Fiege himself verbatim said they were focusing on “the rich world of Wakanda”
That's promo talk cuz he's never gonna reveal the plot but there's nothing wrong with that. They would've focused on the rich world of Wakanda in the sequel regardless.

The Dr. Strange sequel is focusing on the rich worlds of the multiiverse.

which to me sounds like random stories revolving around Okoye, Lupita and Shuri.
This is just stupid man.

You're reaching for no reason other than you're mad and you ain't get what you wanted.

Nothing about that endorsement says random stories.

You don't even know what BP2 would've been about with T'Challa.

That sounds like the same type of universe Star Wars is set in where it doesn’t revolve around one singular character but moreso the structure and world of “The Empire, Jedis, the Republic, Sith, etc.” I’m not some huge Star Wars fan to know what they call these regions/worlds but they can plug and play any actors into that dynamic. There are Star Wars movies lined up till 2030 with no apparent connection to Vader/Kenobi/past trilogies etc. just stories in “the universe”
It doesn't really seem you get Star Wars going off this.

First off Star Wars was never just about Vader and Kenobi in the first place but that doesn't mean it was random narratives about the environment/tech/region.

You're doing a lot of reaching to compare Wakanda to Star Wars.

In a general sense its not about one person but you can say that about a lot of movies.

as far as replacements with token characters people in here and other sites I’ve had this convo on said “T’Challa isn’t necessary for black representation because we still have [falcon,Shuri and friends, etc.] which is a horrible and disposable way to look at our characters. Like the individual character don’t matter as long as it’s a black face to fill a quota lol
Have those dumb argument with those clowns then. No need to bring it here.

I ain't see anybody say dumb **** like it's okay we don't have T'Challa cuz we have Storm coming soon. They're wrong and that **** don't got anything with what I'm saying.

the last Superman V pitch was 91 which is 5-6 years away from Reeves accident and the Nick Cage movie but I do see articles saying there were other factors anyway like director schedules and Reeves price, etc. I did see sites that say they still wanted him to be in whatever came next until that accident though.
You cant base the time frame off a movie that was never happened :lol: to get to another movie that never happened.

Superman 4 was the last movie with Reeve. Around '97 is when they started pre-production for Superman Lives. That's about 10 years.

If Superman V actually was made and came out we don't even know if Superman Lives would even exist.

Regardless though Superman Lives would've been a reboot. Superman Returns was. MoS was.

Every time they recast a main character they reboot the entire movie continuity.

You sound more into the comics than me so other than Shuri where can they go with this lol. I’m just talking **** and will probably enjoy it regardless but as a kid who only had static and cyborg I feel for the kids who lost that representation potentially until they’re teenagers and it don’t matter anymore bc people can’t separate an actor and a role. obviously It’s just fictional characters and all at the end of the day but still...
It's a lot of unknowns about certain BP stuff from the comics and of they exist or can exist in the MCU.

T'Challa got a half brother, got a white adopted brother :lol: (probably not him), and yall love the Killmonger angle. There's also M'Baku. Plus the outside of chance to resurrect a previous Black Panther from the past.

In the comics, T'Challa has mainly been replaced as BP by Shuri.

BTW... if we’re talking about characters kids can look up to... there’s this guy they call Captain America...
I honestly don't think Marvel is handling black Captain America properly. I get them thinking they were done with Cap movies but they should make one with Sam Wilson as Captain America.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the route of “The Death of Captain Marvel” with BP. It was Marvel’s first graphic novel if I remember correctly, in the early 80’s, and in it the original Captain Marvel died of cancer, from some mission/event he inhaled something, and it gave him cancer and he ultimately died. He’s been basically gone in the comics ever since. It was actually pretty damn sad. Chadwick literally had been giving his life to the role.

However they maneuver his passing, I don’t think not recasting is going to affect BPs impact. I don’t think Shuri is gonna be BP for long, maybe a piece of or a whole movie. If anything, I think his passing is gonna make him that much more iconic. Marvel, rightfully so, is gonna put T’Challa up on a pedestal. Since the title of BP is just that, a title that gets passed down, I 100% trust that Marvel will craft a great BP story, where someone else takes up the mantle. Sure, I would’ve loved to see the entire arc of T’Challa, but trust me, the Black community will be just as invigorated, if not more due to the passing of Chadwick, to see more Black Panther movies. We didn’t see the movie because of Chadwick, but we’re grateful for what he created. My ONLY wish, is that I don’t want Marvel to dwell too long on whoever becomes the next BP, and their journey to the top. The dope thing about T’Challa is that he was already king, running sht (after Civil War’s inciting event). I want whoever becomes the next BP to be the full fledged king sooner rather than later. Not multiple movies of watching his “heroes journey.” BP is unique in that he’s super powerful as a king (Wakanda with all its technological prowess and such), and he’s a superhero juggling that.

Ultimately though, I trust Marvel, and I’ll look back wishing I could’ve seen T’Challa’s arc, but recognizing and being OK with the fact that I didn’t due to Chadwick’s unfortunate passing (I honestly don’t want to see someone trying to “do” Chadwick, as he was perfect in the role), but I’ll be talking about how good Marvel pivoted and made me just as proud and as excited as ever with what they created with BP.

I really hate that they won't recast black panther.

like I really really hate it.

watch we'll get this black panther movie, and then we won't get another one for 20 years. :smh:

Mannn, Ant-Man is getting a third film, you really think Disney is gonna give up on billion dollar films that easily?

I really hate that they won't recast black panther.

there was multiple black panthers in the black panther movie

t‘challa, t’chaka and killmonger we saw in action to some degree.. then there were others when they went to the ancestral plane

there will be more black panthers very soon.. just no more t’challas until they start over

I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the route of “The Death of Captain Marvel” with BP. It was Marvel’s first graphic novel if I remember correctly, in the early 80’s, and in it the original Captain Marvel died of cancer, from some mission/event he inhaled something, and it gave him cancer and he ultimately died. He’s been basically gone in the comics ever since. It was actually pretty damn sad. Chadwick literally had been giving his life to the role.

However they maneuver his passing, I don’t think not recasting is going to affect BPs impact. I don’t think Shuri is gonna be BP for long, maybe a piece of or a whole movie. If anything, I think his passing is gonna make him that much more iconic. Marvel, rightfully so, is gonna put T’Challa up on a pedestal. Since the title of BP is just that, a title that gets passed down, I 100% trust that Marvel will craft a great BP story, where someone else takes up the mantle. Sure, I would’ve loved to see the entire arc of T’Challa, but trust me, the Black community will be just as invigorated, if not more due to the passing of Chadwick, to see more Black Panther movies. We didn’t see the movie because of Chadwick, but we’re grateful for what he created. My ONLY wish, is that I don’t want Marvel to dwell too long on whoever becomes the next BP, and their journey to the top. The dope thing about T’Challa is that he was already king, running sht (after Civil War’s inciting event). I want whoever becomes the next BP to be the full fledged king sooner rather than later. Not multiple movies of watching his “heroes journey.” BP is unique in that he’s super powerful as a king (Wakanda with all its technological prowess and such), and he’s a superhero juggling that.

Ultimately though, I trust Marvel, and I’ll look back wishing I could’ve seen T’Challa’s arc, but recognizing and being OK with the fact that I didn’t due to Chadwick’s unfortunate passing (I honestly don’t want to see someone trying to “do” Chadwick, as he was perfect in the role), but I’ll be talking about how good Marvel pivoted and made me just as proud and as excited as ever with what they created with BP.

I agree with what you’re saying, to a degree

but where I disagree, is why I argue civil war really is t’challa’s movie

that‘s the movie where we see him become king.. his is the only the story that has resolution and he is the one who ’defeats’ the actual enemy

black panther, is t’challa dealing with the fallout of being king

Back
Top Bottom