WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

the deviants did seem unnecesary, the lead deviant really went nowhere and just got sliced up, like dude becoming smarter was a waste of time, that plot shouldve been abandoned

thena just being mad at ikaris for what he did to ajak and gilgamesh dying shouldve been enough

Last edited:
Severely underwhelmed. Could not even get into the story with all the crappy exposition dialogue and almost every supporting character talking like a teenage whyte girl. Could have completely passed on this one.

Best part was the final 5 minutes and Asherin or whatever his name is showing up in person.

Hope this does not indicate the general direction of MCU moving forward.

Movie was well shot, no doubt, but just soulless. No redeeming qualities IMO.

Talent yes, but no genuinely decent performances at all.

Chan portrayed the emotional breadth of a river rock. The only thing I took away from Madden’s performance was how angled his jaw is. Harrington is the only one I even care to know more about.

I’m left with no attachment–or desire for attachment—with any of these characters. Movie failed to make them matter. Objectively or detachedly, I appreciated the
division between the Eternals as to their perspective on the viability of their true mission; fidelity to Arishem and the Celestial’s plan, or earned fielty to humanity
. It’s an objectively interesting question and conflict, akin to the Cap / IM divide in Civil War. Lots of ethical arguments for and against, where you can see yourself on both sides under the right circumstances.

It was just executed so poorly. Lots of shiny things, but no substance to it at all. Upon reflection, I rate this lower than Thor2 or IM3, because at least in those cases, the actors and stories had previously earned my interest and goodwill.

Chan portrayed the emotional breadth of a river rock. The only thing I took away from Madden’s performance was how angled his jaw is. Harrington is the only one I even care to know more about.

I’m left with no attachment–or desire for attachment—with any of these characters. Movie failed to make them matter. Objectively or detachedly, I appreciated the
division between the Eternals as to their perspective on the viability of their true mission; fidelity to Arishem and the Celestial’s plan, or earned fielty to humanity
. It’s an objectively interesting question and conflict, akin to the Cap / IM divide in Civil War. Lots of ethical arguments for and against, where you can see yourself on both sides under the right circumstances.

It was just executed so poorly. Lots of shiny things, but no substance to it at all. Upon reflection, I rate this lower than Thor2 or IM3, because at least in those cases, the actors and stories had previously earned my interest and goodwill.
Gene Siskel over here. Amirite?

i really enjoyed the movie. to each their own.

i know its been a bleh year for MCU movies, but easily my favorite this year so far.

didnt know anything about eternals before jumping in, but they basically had superheroes like Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash and made it better than DC :lol:

also - Batman and Superman references in the MCU :lol:

i really enjoyed the movie. to each their own.

i know its been a bleh year for MCU movies, but easily my favorite this year so far.

didnt know anything about eternals before jumping in, but they basically had superheroes like Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash and made it better than DC :lol:

also - Batman and Superman references in the MCU :lol:

During an interview with French publication cinema.jeuxactu.com, director Chloé Zhao was asked if Ikaris might have been the inspiration for the creation of Superman within the MCU, and revealed that Henry Cavill's take on the character we first met in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel was a big influence.

"You said it, not me! Superman is the Übermensch, the ultimate man, the superman, a concept that exists in all cultures. Of all modern interpretations of Superman, this is Zack Snyder's with Man Of Steel which inspired me the most because he approached this myth in an authentic and very real way. I remember thinking it was Superman by Terrence Malick when I saw the trailer. This film left a strong impression on me. But Ikaris is, of course, our own take on Superman."

This felt like more of a sci-fi film than a typical marvel movie which I think will be off putting for casuals. But who cares.

The bad: This movie shows why these group ensemble superhero movies are difficult. I felt like with how long it was, the characters should’ve had more depth to them. The ending was a bit anti-climatic. It felt like they ran out of story to tell and it just ended.

The good: Other than that, I thought the movie was great. The cinematography was wonderful and the overall story once Arishem got involved was great as well. Hearing how Celestials come into exist, how and why Eternals and Deviants were created, Arishem’s whole plot and reason for creating them were all interesting to me. Im definitely gonna watch this again.

Last edited:
My 5 year old couldn’t remember his name, but when talking about it after he called him an Imposter like from Among Us and it cracked me up how accurate that was

I thought Barry (can’t remember his last name) as Druig gave a great performance and provided the emotional gravitas most of the other cast lacked.

And Angelina did a damn good job portraying mental illness, especially with only having damn near 10 lines of dialogue in the entire movie.

They dropped the ball big time on driving home Sersi’s motivation. She and Ajax loved humans but where was the “Aha!” moment(s) that triggered this connection and love for human beings? The one thing they needed to get right they badly whiffed on.

Wifey and I liked it. :pimp:

Maybe there were some misses on some parts of the film (star-studded cast was a lil flat at times) but overall, it’s interesting to see the space/celestial side of the MCU. Origin stories are toss-ups and my own takeaway I have is that now I’m inclined to educate myself more about the Eternals.

Read through a lot of the criticisms by pundits prior to the release on how it was “poorly executed” like… it’s a different genre dealing with space magic and other sci-fi **** with a strong cast of celebrities that they’re tryna cram in 2-3 hours of film, of course shortcomings are bound to happen.

Gemma Chan :blush:

Lauren Ridloff’s Makkari character was phenomenally done. That part when she screamed despite being mute while Druig was getting destroyed was too real. Felt that one.

Should be fun with Kit Harrington :rofl:

Batman and Superman nods were definitely for Kirby :lol:

I thought the movie was great. I also think that people are having difficulty with this film because it is really is untethered to the beloved characters and the world many of us have come to appreciate over the last few phases. It doesn't help that ALL the characters are unfamiliar, but it's necessary for the expansion of the marvel universe. So far, the marvel universe consist of the following spaces: earth, space, mystic, time. We've had hints here and there of the cosmic, but I see the Eternals as the real progenitors of the cosmic phase of the marvel cinematic universe. I think this movie will grow on folks with time.

61D3C29A-554A-4E51-B004-25F22189DD57.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom