WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Not gonna lie, it’s tough for me to picture two Asian males in an Avengers ensemble film. Hollywood suits probably like why would you need two Asian karate characters? You’ll confuse the general audience or something like that:lol:
I agree with this, Iron Fist is completely unnecessary with Shang Chi now. If MCU wanted Iron Fist they could’ve retconned his story, instead of completely make one up for the new Shang Chi, could’ve stilled used Simu Liu too.

As for superheroes that are Asian, I’ve been saying Amadeus Cho’s Hulk would be the best. Although Cho is a genius, his Hulk/Brawn is a cocky and funny character, who’s big/strong AF, and is a leader of sort at times.

I agree with this, Iron Fist is completely unnecessary with Shang Chi now. If MCU wanted Iron Fist they could’ve retconned his story, instead of completely make one up for the new Shang Chi, could’ve stilled used Simu Liu too.

As for superheroes that are Asian, I’ve been saying Amadeus Cho’s Hulk would be the best. Although Cho is a genius, his Hulk/Brawn is a cocky and funny character, who’s big/strong AF, and is a leader of sort at times.
Silk

I agree with this, Iron Fist is completely unnecessary with Shang Chi now.
That's just not how it works.

That's Sony and they already got an amazon series coming for that.

What's to keep Marvel from just giving Shang Chi the Iron Fist moniker?
Money.

Why combine 2 IPs and make × amount when you can have 2 separate ones and make × and × amount?

Plus I don't think Iron Fist is just a title as IP. It comes with its own history, lore, and origin.

Not to mention Iron Fist was and is technically the far more successful title. If they did that they just be robbing IF to bolster what Shang-Chi lacks.

Last edited:
That's just not how it works.

That's Sony and they already got an amazon series coming for that.

Money.

Why combine 2 IPs and make × amount when you can have 2 separate ones and make × and × amount?

Individual Box Office returns maybe?

Right now Shang Chi is a better property than Iron Fist cuz of how poorly the Netflix show was. ( i havent seen IF btw)

Individual Box Office returns maybe?

Right now Shang Chi is a better property than Iron Fist cuz of how poorly the Netflix show was. ( i havent seen IF btw)
I wouldn't even compare the two cuz Iron Fist has never had a movie.

But yeah its pretty obvious you make more money with 2 movies than just combining them in to one (especially given its not a guarantee combining would result in a better product).

Talking about a Netflix series where more and more ppl don't remember it doesn't even matter and wouldn't factor in.

They chose Shang-Chi cuz he's Marvel's first Asian "super"hero and the greatest martial artist in that universe. He's been around long enough to have enough history to warrant a movie. Even with that they had to incorporate a never used but hinted at Iron Man villain in The Mandarin, morph the 10 rings, and create a whole dimension of mystically powered ppl (if we're being honest this was already stealing from Iron Fist).

They didn't do Iron Fist cuz he's white and at the time I don't even think they had the rights back to do a movie. Plus it seems Feige has his own plans for all of those Netflix Marvel characters so its not like you should expect Iron Fist out of all of them to get propped up ahead of the other 3.

If they wanted a white martial artist movie he is the obvious choice though.

This is wild sad. He spent New Year Eve doing this? I hope he 12. Sounds so satisfied at the end but low-key he was half second behind.

Marvel has combined characters and powers many times before. And yall know damn well we're not getting an Iron Fist movie.

Marvel has combined characters and powers many times before. And yall know damn well we're not getting an Iron Fist movie.
Maybe they'll hint towards it in the next Shang-Chi movie...But highly doubt IF will be part of the MCU anytime soon.

We haven't even seen Nova yet and we've seen the Nova Corps.

F9B66ED8-C43B-4133-AD05-5F1987AC22E9.gif

This was my favorite countdown last New Years. Dude was on point.

Never major superheroes.

Any list you come up with are a bunch of nobodies or even worse new characters based off of multiple characters.

Not sure what you mean by powers unless again you're talking about minor support characters.

Probably won't be an Iron Fist movie but probably a Defenders movie not to mention all the movies those characters will show up in.

Maybe they'll hint towards it in the next Shang-Chi movie...But highly doubt IF will be part of the MCU anytime soon.

We haven't even seen Nova yet and we've seen the Nova Corps.
That comes down to priority.

And if we ranking heroes, Iron Fist probably comes before Nova anyway :lol: Especially when it seems less and less like we'll get the badass Nova from the Annihilation events.

Not gonna lie, it’s tough for me to picture two Asian males in an Avengers ensemble film. Hollywood suits probably like why would you need two Asian karate characters? You’ll confuse the general audience or something like that:lol:

1641106107961.jpeg

Amadeus Cho doesn't "do" karate. Doesn't fit that scenario at all.

Now two Asian males on the Avengers being hard to picture, yeah, that's just weird you can't picture it but its probably just cuz of the lack of Asian superheroes in comics.

Especially when the ones that do exist are legacy characters or are carrying on a mantle from a much more popular version.

Last edited:
O I read that as Hollywood suits just assuming the Asian male character must do karate

Amadeus Chi doesn't "do" karate. Doesn't fit that scenario at all.

Now two Asian males on the Avengers being hard to picture, yeah, that's just weird you can't picture it but its probably just cuz of the lack of Asian superheroes in comics.

Especially when the ones that do exist are legacy characters or are carrying on a mantle from a much more popular version.
But I think fam is saying Amadeus would work because his thing isn’t martial arts. Brawn/Totally Awesome Hulk is a cool superhero that is Asian, his inclusion would actually be out of necessity as it’s helpful to have a Hulk in any form of Avengers.

Miles Morales, RiRi, Amadeus Cho, Kamala Khan, and these newer characters would make an interesting group on the screen as they likely do in the comics (I haven’t read Champions). I’m not the biggest fan of Captain Marvel, but seeing her lead a group like this is more believable than coming out of nowhere to take 1st/2nd place in the OG Avengers…

But I think fam is saying Amadeus would work because his thing isn’t martial arts. Brawn/Totally Awesome Hulk is a cool superhero that is Asian, his inclusion would actually be out of necessity as it’s helpful to have a Hulk in any form of Avengers.
I'm going off what who he quoted said.

He said he couldn't see two Asian guys on the Avengers specifically if both of their main specialties is martial arts. Granted there's a big enough difference between comic Shang-Chi and comic Iron Fist where as there isn't between the MCU versions.

I get pointing out that redundancy. Its why I went on to say if we're just talking about Asian heroes in general then the statement doesn't make sense cuz they all don't just do martial arts.

Miles Morales, RiRi, Amadeus Cho, Kamala Khan, and these newer characters would make an interesting group on the screen as they likely do in the comics (I haven’t read Champions). I’m not the biggest fan of Captain Marvel, but seeing her lead a group like this is more believable than coming out of nowhere to take 1st/2nd place in the OG Avengers
This was never really a thing in the MCU just something ppl ran with cuz of article titles and the ppl part of making these movies hyping up the latest character.

And as far as that other way goes, not a fan of Captain Marvel leading a bunch of children on a team. Doesn't really vibe well.

To me they just keep doing what they're doing and make her a part of Avengers 2.0.

I was focusing on the “Hollywood suits” part of the comment and them just assuming all Asian male characters have to be a Bruce Lee type martial artists

Back
Top Bottom