WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Disney+ can do a 10- 12 episode series called Mutants. That way you can introduce certain characters get a better understanding of the character/ bit of origin, which leads to the movie. Different character every episode.

People really be talking to talk

im sure y’all have noticed that alot of people are talking about the problem with phase 4 is it doesn’t have an overarching connecting theme

we literally saw Loki, no way home and now multiverse of madness all deal with the multiverse.. and wandaverse to a lesser degree, as we now know

I get people need to say something.. but the clues are right there for what’s coming and even outright said
It does have a theme but the execution has been pretty poor if one compares it to phase 3. I guess it’s hard to follow the Infinity Saga but overall, Phase 4’s beginning has been lackluster.

It does have a theme but the execution has been pretty poor if one compares it to phase 3. I guess it’s hard to follow the Infinity Saga but overall, Phase 4’s beginning has been lackluster.

dont get me wrong I think things could have been better

eternals should have been a show, for example

zero clue why they felt the need to do all of that at the end of shang chi.. black widow maybe should have had no Natasha and have those 3 dealing with the aftermath of her death and setting up the new black widow and didn’t need to butcher taskmaster.. falcon and winter soldier should have been a whole lot better

but the best projects so far to me in phase 4, have all delivered.. and they all are connected to some degree

moonknight is the only project I would say i was disappointed with because the highs were so good and I wish it followed Loki and stayed small-ish

i guess I was disappointed with eternals too just because of the talent involved.. after the first episode of what if, I just saw it as a missed opportunity

Black Widow, Hawkeye, Shang Chi (because of the major shift in tone), and Falcon/Winter Soldier were disappointing. Haven’t even bothered to watch Eternals.

Wandavision and Moon Knight were decent. I think both stars deserve nominations for their performances.

Loki has been the truly high mark for Phase IV.

I thought NWH, MoM were good.

I just think there’s a safe formula to MCU and Disney pushing Marvel Studios (and all of their studios) to push out content at a cyclic rate to either set the box office on fire or shove constant content for D+.

X-Men can be so epic. And they can do D+ shows for the characters minus Wolverine.

Let’s be real…X-Men dominated the 80s, 90s…it wasn’t until George Perez/Kirk Busiek went to Avengers that it began to regain popularity.

It’s crazy MCU pretty much did this without Spiderman, X-Men.

Finally saw Dr. Strange 2 last night. Dreadful

2.4 / 8
Wow.

Was it really? What expectations did you have going into it? And what were the weak areas?

I’ll say I expected Civil War or NWH. Instead, it was more like Black Panther in the contrast of protagonist and antagonist. The Raimi-ism brought different camera work, horror, increased violence. It’s all complimented by the Dannie Elfman score.

There’s definitely issues with the pacing and dialogue. Also the SW is problematic in some ways.

But the movie is solid.

Crazy it’ll make more money than Barman, which I think is a better movie (somewhat).

I thought it was awesome, most entertaining Marvel joint in a while. It was like watching Evil Dead with money.

yup.. shh was entertaining as hell

i enjoyed no way home more.. and I’d rank Loki above it.. but shh was good

Wow.

Was it really? What expectations did you have going into it? And what were the weak areas?

The Raimi-ism brought different camera work, horror, increased violence.

That's where the bulk of the problem lies, imo. I didn't think Sam Raimi's style worked at all. Marvel was always good at making the moviegoing experience fun, ie: Civil War. Even DS1, which isn't a top tier MCU film was still a fun watch. This was the complete opposite. I found the film overtly cheesy and cringe. Also, I legit hated every time America was on screen and she was on screen a lot, unfortunately. It wasn't all bad, some scenes was decent/cool like when they were shifting through the various multiverses. I liked the surprise cameos but it did feel a bit shoehorned in. Lastly, the storyline wasn't strong enough to keep my interest

That's where the bulk of the problem lies, imo. I didn't think Sam Raimi's style worked at all. Marvel was always good at making the moviegoing experience fun, ie: Civil War. Even DS1, which isn't a top tier MCU film was still a fun watch. This was the complete opposite. I found the film overtly cheesy and cringe. Also, I legit hated every time America was on screen and she was on screen a lot, unfortunately. It wasn't all bad, some scenes was decent/cool like when they were shifting through the various multiverses. I liked the surprise cameos but it did feel a bit shoehorned in. Lastly, the storyline wasn't strong enough to keep my interest
I agree with pretty much all of this. I was incredibly disappointed. Wanda and Strange are 2 of my favorite MCU characters, but this just wasn't it for me. The more I think about the movie, the less and less I like it.

America was annoying AF. I get “Marvel humor” has done the franchise well and become a bit of a signature thing, but her whole personality is based on being obnoxious in Spanish.

1652417438083.png

The MCU is getting crazy with the storyline, like compared to Infiinity Saga what we are getting next is really big, cosmic and sciencie-y
And that's the cool thing about it. I hope this multiverse arc really plays out to Secret Wars and we get another major MCU event that is well-written and is great on film.

Really curious as to what Feige has planned for the Eternals storyline in the long run. Maybe show up in other projects?

How most feel about MoM I some what feel the same about NWH.

I’ve only seen them once but like someone said, the more I think about the movie the more I start to dislike it.
I need to watch both of them again honestly.

I feel the writing has been lazy and that could be due to how much content that’s being pumped out.

Back
Top Bottom