WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I do want T'Challa's story to continue I just don't think a certain level of disbelief will work, it just won't hold the same weight since we associate him with Chadwick. The other time I can think of where that happened was Spartacus and it really never felt the same after the lead passed.

I do want T'Challa's story to continue I just don't think a certain level of disbelief will work, it just won't hold the same weight since we associate him with Chadwick. The other time I can think of where that happened was Spartacus and it really never felt the same after the lead passed.
I'm sure you all have already discussed this so my apologies if this is a retread conversation for you, but what about the fact that in our lifetimes, we've seen MULTIPLE iterations of Spiderman, Superman, and Batman, all iconic characters?

-foe

I'm sure you all have already discussed this so my apologies if this is a retread conversation for you, but what about the fact that in our lifetimes, we've seen MULTIPLE iterations of Spiderman, Superman, and Batman, all iconic characters?

-foe
From the same storyline? Also wouldn't that be against the argument of the video you posted? There will be another iteration of the Black Panther.

I’m sure at this point you know what happens in FFH
I don't, actually. I do fairly well avoiding spoilers on things I haven't seen. Thanks for your replies, though. I think we'll stick with trying to catch Strange this next week.

-foe

From the same storyline? Also wouldn't that be against the argument of the video you posted? There will be another iteration of the Black Panther.
Oh, no, Emmanuel fully supports another iteration of Black Panther, hence the hashtag #RecastTchalla. To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would oppose a recast.

-foe

Just watched dr strange and I have a bit to say about it:

It’s a lot happening lol. I see what they did and appreciate it, but I thought they tried to do too much in the sense that they’re trying to have this crazy experience with zombies, mutants and terminator like Wanda while also pushing the story forward. I found that those were two competing goals. I feel like if they focused on one rather than the other, it would have been so much better (and more contained) like if the movie was more of a first-person survival type like Gravity (Sandra bullock) imagine seeing things from Dr stranges view. Or even the revenant. Imagine if there were less narratives and things were just happening without needing to explain too much. Pure survival in the multiverse. I would have appreciated the movie so much more.

Like actually feeling the exhaustion of dr strange and the trippiness of jumping from one timeline to another. Also really feel the darkness creep in when he uses the book. Instead, I felt like it was just shown to us. Get what I mean?

And the whole time his main focus was protecting the girl. And you feel his determination.

Last edited:
Don't let Black Panther exit stage left with Boseman's death. The character has to continue to be portrayed. No?

-foe
Recasting T’Challa and recasting Black Panther are two different things.

Marvel and specifically Feige has already said they are not recasting T’Challa for obvious reasons. There can be a new BP though.

Changing of the mantle is a frequent thing in comics. That’s why there’s many options for who will be the next BP.

The only other argument has been ppl saying they specifically want T’Challa’s story line to continue with somebody new.

I don’t think it’ll work at all and it’s a messed up situation to put any actor in. Not to mention if they come up short anywhere. The backlash writes itself on several levels.

with the new multiverse rules they can have some random from another universe play T'Challa, but please no. So much bad tastes in mouths if that happened.

Now bringing byke Earth-6969 Killmonger to be BP? That could work.

I’ve seen T’Challa drawn differently by artists. I’ve seen different men play James Bond.

I expect Iron Man or Captain America to return one day, possibly with different actors. I respect the work Chadwick Bozeman did but BP (who has mainly been T’Challa…in the comics…yes, yes, yes Suri, yadda yadda yadda) but why is the franchise being held hostage by over emotional fans?

I’ve seen T’Challa drawn differently by artists. I’ve seen different men play James Bond.

I expect Iron Man or Captain America to return one day, possibly with different actors. I respect the work Chadwick Bozeman did but BP (who has mainly been T’Challa…in the comics…yes, yes, yes Suri, yadda yadda yadda) but why is the franchise being held hostage by over emotional fans?
There’s really no support to say emotional fans have the franchise hostage unless you’re referring to Kevin Feige.

There was barely any talk about the future of BP let alone recasting T’Challa before they made their announcement. It’s not like fans were out telling Marvel don’t do it. They were smart enough to make their own decision.

Besides what’s being held hostage? BP sequel coming this year.

Just like you said you expect a new Iron Man and Captain America to return one day. You’ll get a new T’Challa right around the same time.

If Chadwick’s brother says Chadwick would want T’Challa to be recast then I think Feige should run with it.

Maybe its because we are a bit removed from the initial release but BP was a cultural phenomenon. It grossed more than Titanic and Chadwick was the face of it. It was a delicate situation especially since the sequel was announced just a few month’s before his passing.

If Chadwick’s brother says Chadwick would want T’Challa to be recast then I think Feige should run with it.
That's not really how it works :lol:

Its not like he also created the character.

I really don't think its just about any perceived slight or issue with Chadwick or anything about what he would want.

That's not really how it works :lol:

Its not like he also created the character.

I really don't think its just about any perceived slight or issue with Chadwick or anything about what he would want.
Not sure what you mean by your second statement.

And why else would recasting T’Challa be an issue if it wouldn’t be perceived as a slight to Chadwick?

Not sure what you mean by your second statement.
Marvel doesn't have to run anything by Chadwick's brother or fam on what they decide to do. It doesn't matter if he says its okay or that Chadwick would've wanted it.

And why else would recasting T’Challa be an issue if it wouldn’t be perceived as a slight to Chadwick?
Marvel is choosing not to go forward with w/e plans they originally had without Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther cuz he's no longer with us.

That's why they're not recasting now.

They've moved on and haven't even treated it as an issue letting Coogler do w/e he's doing now.

Marvel doesn't have to run anything by Chadwick's brother or fam on what they decide to do. It doesn't matter if he says its okay or that Chadwick would've wanted it.

Marvel is choosing not to go forward with w/e plans they originally had without Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther cuz he's no longer with us.

That's why they're not recasting now.

They've moved on and haven't even treated it as an issue letting Coogler do w/e he's doing now.
If you are saying it’s a moot point at this stage then I agree. But Marvel also didn’t have to decide not to recast T’Challa in the first place. That’s why it’s even being discussed now.

The timeline of events was BP2 was announced first then Chadwick passed. Feige was asked if T’Challa would be recast for the sequel and he said no because Chadwick’s portrayal was too iconic. His words.

But if there were any chance to reintroduce T’Challa then lean on the brother’s comments. IMO that would be the best way to reverse the initial decision from a PR standpoint. You’re dealing with a billion dollar franchise led by a majority black cast that had schools and churches buying out theaters and people coming out just to be apart of the moment.

That was a studio decision not a fan decision.

Back
Top Bottom