WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

My phase 4 rankings

Spider-Man: NWH
Wakanda Forever
Shang Chi
Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Eternals
Thor L&T

Namor needs his own movie man, top tier MCU villain for me.

Got so much potential with his character too, one of few true anti-heroes in the MCU.

Going for my 2nd viewing later
I was going to come say this. I can go for a Namor movie. One of the few times where an anti hero character was done right.

Saw it last night...Thought Riri was forced and unnecessary. Seems like they thought she'd be a good fit in a BP movie just cause she's a smart, young, hip black girl, but her whole subplot wasn't needed at all and they coulda just waited til her D+ show or Armor wars to introduce her.

My other critique is that it was a bit too lengthy and had a whooole lot of talking, which I feel like removing Riri from the flick woulda fixed that cause a lot of the talking had to do with her.

Overall I enjoyed it. Prolly my fav flick of phase 4, which aint saying much at all

Saw it last night...Thought Riri was forced and unnecessary. Seems like they thought she'd be a good fit in a BP movie just cause she's a smart, young, hip black girl, but her whole subplot wasn't needed at all and they coulda just waited til her D+ show or Armor wars to introduce her.

My other critique is that it was a bit too lengthy and had a whooole lot of talking, which I feel like removing Riri from the flick woulda fixed that cause a lot of the talking had to do with her.

Overall I enjoyed it. Prolly my fav flick of phase 4, which aint saying much at all
Riri was needed to break up some of the tension. Some of the jokes were a bit forced (even from M'Baku) but it was needed

Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever 7.4/8

This was great

I never thought a Shuri led movie could be this good. Never. I'm really impressed.

Ryan Coogler is A GREAT DIRECTOR. TRULY! Didn't know what to expect fully but changing Namor's background slightly and deciding to show his origin in this was just a stroke of genius. Them underwater scenes basically established how to do this from now on. Forget the logic of how sound carries.

Making Shuri they science first damn near atheist struggling to acknowledge any Wakandan spirituality and pair it with her vengeful nature just made her a fully formed character than just genius tech girl she was previously. Killmonger being who shs saw on them ancestral plane just nailed all of that character development and set up the progress.

It was ****** up with the conflict but that's how it goes with powerful nations and royalty.

M'Baku was great. Okoye was great and that little subplot for her was unexpectedly good. Midnight angels was a real good addition. Mad characters saw consequences for actions that were well intentioned.

Nakia was clutch but I needed more of her.

Riri was a good comedic relief character without it being OD. Probably would've been too much to focus more on her origin as well but it was cool to see one of her suits.

Angela Bassett was amazing. I got why some may have felt her death was forced (it didn't hit me for a fee obvious reasons) but there's really not 3rd act without it. The future king or queen of Wakanda is a good plot point for the next MCU and for how Wakanda may interact with the world.

Namor was one hell of a compelling antagonist.

I like the film some really great concepts, the design and execution of namor was great.

but the big boat sequence was really mediocre, and the desert fight was also really poorly done and a missed opportunity.

action filmmaking in the MCU continues to be lackluster.

and some of the costume and tech design was truly terrible.
Some of it is direct from the comics so I don't know how much Coogler was allowed to change.

but some of that stuff looked dumb on the page and they look dumb in the movie.

script was good I think, performances are good. I give it a B+

RiRis character was dreadful…legit doesn’t even feel like a black man directed her scenes. To me, this movie was a drastic change from what Coogler usually does. Movie was long for no reason. That one fight scene were the Dora’s were literally having casual conversation. Like bruh….why make the women goofy? He had a chance to make a powerful film for black women and dude elected to go the popcorn route :smh:

I felt the depitction of RiRi's character was forced as well. Like there was no improv allowed which made some of her dialog sound cringe and overall the character didn't feel authentic. There's opportunity for the character to be better with the series but I wasn't a fan in this movie.

lamekilla lamekilla was right

1668387677308.jpeg

I went to see Wakanda Forever this morning.

I feel out of all of the Marvel Studios films, this one feels the most personal.

As many have said, Wakanda Forever is an extended tribute to both T'Challa and Chadwick Boseman.

Ryan Coogler got to make the film he wanted to make and it came out well enough.

This film had so many things going against it, but everyone brought their A-game, even Letitia Wright.

Namor was a pretty good villain/anti-hero. He'll definitely return in the future.

Riri Williams could've/should've been cut from the film. I know she's supposed to be the "fish out of water" character that Everett K. Ross was in the first film, but she wasn't really needed and I felt she was just there to set her up for the Ironheart TV series.

As much as I love her, Julia Louis-Dreyfus feels completely out of place in this film, as does Martin Freeman, after his initial scene. He should've been limited to a cameo.

Rihanna's "Lift Me Up" hits differently after it's played at the film's end credits.

I liked the mid-credits scene. It feels like both closure and a way to introduce a new T'Challa into the mix.

My phase 4 rankings

Spider-Man: NWH
Wakanda Forever
Shang Chi
Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Eternals
Thor L&T

I was going to come say this. I can go for a Namor movie. One of the few times where an anti hero character was done right.

I mean coogler is big on Anti Hero back stories and motives… This is why Killmonger was such a favorite in the original BP.

My phase 4 rankings

NWH

That’s it

Shang Chi first half was great second half meh
Eternals was a snooze fest
Black Widow was trash
Thor was garbage
Dr. Stranger was just a mess.

Haven’t seen BP WF yet but i will.

Back
Top Bottom