WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

If i had to roadmap it:
M’Baku is King of Wakanda and uses the heart shaped herb. Shuri Panther becomes a globe trotting BP even more reliant on tech and in Secret Wars, some multiversal shenanigans brings a T’Challa from a different universe into 616 who M’Baku refuses to acknowledge

As a Comic Book head, when I first saw what they were doing with Namor I wasn't feeling it at all. Thought Marvel was kinda appropriating there. After watching the BP2 it def grew on me. Especially after the Namor origin scene. I thought the whole No amor/Namor thing was so dope. It definitely persuaded me little more. A Hoder/Hold the door moment for me lol.

Over all it was a good movie. A simple gauge that I use.. if its a long movie (3hrs) and it doesn't feel like its a long movie then its a good movie. Usually boring movies will have you checking your watch. I did feel like it was kinda a Women power movie. Like MoM. Girls kicking *** and the dudes kinda standing by watching. (M'Baku got washed quick after one punch lol) Def wanna see a Namor movie. They can go so many ways with that. Too bad they never hinted at Namor and Captain America in previous movies. That would've been something.I wanna see more of the pompous a-hole Namor . This new dude did a good job but I felt that Namor should've been more buff and taller. He would've commanded more of an on screen presence that way. At the very least I hope dude gets into the Hugh Jackman regimen for the next movie.

Looking forward to the rest of this phase.

Yeah those blue suits looked pretty bad
1668391760769.png

Brian Stelfreeze is a great artist, but this **** was not his best work.
Coogler should have ditched it.
Yeah those suits looked bad. This was one of the few times where it’s cool to not stay faithful to the source material

when it started rolling

1668403851445.gif

The film version had no music which made it sadder
I teared up at multiple parts.

My lil bro has many disabilities. Our mother took care of him until he was 17 when she died.

Briefly i worked in a science lab. Before our mother passed she asked me if i could cure him. I told her i wouldnt stop trying......

So when Shuri said "why did the ancestors give me all these gifts when i couldnt even save my brother" i was like :wow: :wow: :frown: :frown: :emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry:

My final Phase Four film rankings:

Spider-Man: No Way Home - Easily the best film among the Phase Four films. Three is the magic number.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - The most personal of all the Marvel Studios flicks. Ryan Coogler turned a potentially messy situation into a touching tribute to Chadwick Boseman.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - The best origin film since Iron Man. Tony Leung stole the show.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - For better or for worse, Sam Raimi got to put his stamp on this film. Great visuals and directing, but the writing was iffy. There's not much emphasis on the multiverse though.

Thor: Love and Thunder - Some good performances by Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman, but it's a tonal mess. It goes from super goofy to super serious at the end. Love and Thunder needed to be fleshed out a lot more.

Black Widow - It should've been a Phase Three film. The stakes would've mattered more. There's a reason why Scarlett Johansson was never THE LEAD in a film. Florence Pugh was great.

Eternals - A two-and-a-half-hour film that feels like a four-hour film. More boring than bad. It should've been a mini-series.

Bring on Phase Five!

If you didn’t shed a tear during the beginning or ending scene, you probably had no business seeing this film.

The funeral scene when T’Challa’s casket was beamed up… 😭💔

C379BD8B-B44F-4824-9F02-C0D487280B46.jpeg

The ending when Shuri finally burned her funeral clothes AND the “Lift me up” song hit… 💔💔💔😭😭😭

24569592-6579-4DB7-BB12-7A10DFCA8EAE.jpeg

They had to drag me out of the theater. I couldn’t take any more.

477EF858-1198-47E5-9632-93005873B407.gif

Then while my uncle is consoling me and walking me down the stairs I hear “Can you keep a secret? I’m Prince T’Challa, son of King T’Challa”

542990CF-6A4C-4734-BCCE-40C7A556EABE.gif
84020852-39AD-4277-B7F0-A2D9111CA94E.gif

Last edited:
As a Comic Book head, when I first saw what they were doing with Namor I wasn't feeling it at all. Thought Marvel was kinda appropriating there. After watching the BP2 it def grew on me. Especially after the Namor origin scene. I thought the whole No amor/Namor thing was so dope. It definitely persuaded me little more. A Hoder/Hold the door moment for me lol.

Over all it was a good movie. A simple gauge that I use.. if its a long movie (3hrs) and it doesn't feel like its a long movie then its a good movie. Usually boring movies will have you checking your watch. I did feel like it was kinda a Women power movie. Like MoM. Girls kicking *** and the dudes kinda standing by watching. (M'Baku got washed quick after one punch lol) Def wanna see a Namor movie. They can go so many ways with that. Too bad they never hinted at Namor and Captain America in previous movies. That would've been something.I wanna see more of the pompous a-hole Namor . This new dude did a good job but I felt that Namor should've been more buff and taller. He would've commanded more of an on screen presence that way. At the very least I hope dude gets into the Hugh Jackman regimen for the next movie.

Looking forward to the rest of this phase.
Definitely feel like Namor should've been a bigger dude. It would have added to his menacing dialog which I think carried the character.

When the montage played it was dead quiet in the theater. Felt like a moment of silence which was dope.

My pops thought Namor should have been bigger too. He also said the same about Thor :lol:

My mans can’t understand it’s 2022 and these aren’t gonna be 1:1 from the comics he read in the 60s/70s :rofl:

My pops thought Namor should have been bigger too. He also said the same about Thor :lol:

My mans can’t understand it’s 2022 and these aren’t gonna be 1:1 from the comics he read in the 60s/70s :rofl:
hemsworth looked like he juiced like crazy for thor 4. Guess he wants these characters to look like superjuiced bodybuilders.

hemsworth looked like he juiced like crazy for thor 4. Guess he wants these characters to look like superjuiced bodybuilders.
Honestly a huge majority of Hollywood guys, whether huge or not, are likely on that high quality testosterone. Not mad at it. Sometimes they have months to get in shape and it does the job. This isn't the dirty roids of the 90's, **** is sophisticated since it's more acceptable now. Kind of like plastic surgeries have been for ladies, except with testo you still have to work for it.

Marvel actors gunna be dropping dead like 80's wrestlers
if they need to be bigger than Hemsworth in love and thunder.

Back
Top Bottom