WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Who do you guys think will have a bigger opening weekend domestically? BvS or Civil War?

BvS might have the bigger weekend opening because Batman and Superman in the same movie is unprecedented. I feel either way, CW is going to have longer legs.

Yup..

Think Snyder's style and choices are going hurt how much money that film should have made

BvS will make bank. I think MoS made more than any Marvel movie except both Avenger movies and IM3.

Who do you guys think will have a bigger opening weekend domestically? BvS or Civil War?
BvS is tracking between 120-140 million right now which is being considered a disappointment and I read stuff on USA Today about how Civil War is currently tracking "through the roof"

I'm thinking CW hits around 175 Million and BVS does 160

BvS is one of the rare instances where the more they promoted the film the more people i know started losing hype.

They're all still going to see it but the urge to be there opening weekend is practically gone.

Civil War.

With BvS, it's really about how much it's making in it's 3rd and 4th week. By April, the country will be in full Civil War mode prepping for that release.

I'm kind of expecting Civil War to do Avengers #'s as in 200m

BVS is tougher to get a read on imo. I see it either disappointing with those figures mentioned above or killing it with 200m+

Last edited:
I don't see CW doing Star Wars numbers (200M+)...if they started to promote Spidey some more than MAYBE...but general audiences don't know who Black Panther is, most probably don't care about AntMan or SW. I'd guess $165M.

But don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see it hit Star Wars #'s.

Edit: just realized Star Wars did $247M...Goodness. Still don't see it doing $200M tho.

Last edited:
What does everyone think of Sebastian Stan, acting-wise and as Bucky?
I like him as Bucky/TWS. Played the roles well.

Think I've seen him in one other movie in a small role. Not sure how good of an actor he is. He's still pretty low key and a bit of an unknown.

I mean even Hiddleston is getting his name out there more since Avengers. Same for Mackie who was doing that before Falcon. Not so much for Stan so far.

I really like Stan as WS,he's played it perfectly so far. I was so glad when they kept him after Cap 1 :smokin

Last edited:
BvS is one of the rare instances where the more they promoted the film the more people i know started losing hype.

You can say that again.

I just watched the Jimmy Kimmel skit with Henry Cavill and Battfleck and it's making me almost not want to watch the movie at all :lol: They were both terrible in that skit lmao

:lol: You're mistaken or a revisionist historian.

Nah. Just looked it up...only Marvel movies with a bigger opening weekend than MoS were both Avengers and IM2 & 3.

You guys are blind if you don't think fans are not gonna line up to see BvS...one of those rare stories that spans generations. I believe it's coming out Easter weekend too...

:lol: You're mistaken or a revisionist historian.

Nah. Just looked it up...only Marvel movies with a bigger opening weekend than MoS were both Avengers and IM2 & 3.
:rofl: :smh:

I quoted you. That's not what you originally said. How you trying revise history and at the same time revise your own posts like you was talking about one thing but said another? :lol:

This is what you said:

BvS will make bank. I think MoS made more than any Marvel movie except both Avenger movies and IM3.
I know this is a damn lie. So do other ppl.

Now it's about you checking the opening weekend of MoS. What we were initially talking about was not the bigger opening weekend. That **** don't mean much compared to total box office.
You guys are blind if you don't think fans are not gonna line up to see BvS..
Nobody said this.

We were asked which would do better and ppl chose CW.
.one of those rare stories that spans generations.
What story is that? :lol: :nerd:

The attraction is Batman versus Superman. Not a particular story. The main draw being Batman.

I believe it's coming out Easter weekend too...
Spare me the time it's coming out as if that was DC/WB's intention all along. They moved the release date several times to avoid a Marvel movie.

Last edited:
Bigger opening weekend and overall gross are two different things, friend.

Lol MoS did great numbers opening weekend cuz people were hyped to see a good Superman movie. Then they saw the movie :lol:

If I'm correct it topped out at 650 million including worldwide numbers. Lol 700 plus is the average for a marvel movie post Avengers

*edit

668 million. Yea. That's really bad for a movie that had a higher budget than Avengers 1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom