WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

lol didn't think I'd strike a nerve.

Original question I was answering was who do we think will make more during their respective opening weekend. I simply answered with my opinion, not looking up the real facts but going from what I heard because I didn't think you guys would get your booty tickled...than I looked it up to clarify.

I'm sorry I forgot to include IM2 in my list of movies of that bugged you...

Last edited:
I think BvS has a bigger opening weekend.

Concept is too titillating for the average person to turn down, also people seem to hate Superman, so I'm sure many audience will go just to see Batman wail on him. but if the movie is bad maybe it fades early and Civil War overtakes it.

I'm hoping Civil War reaches beyong the B- most marvel films seem to peak at.

I think BVS gonna do numbers. I mean, these people who "track" how the movie is going to are almost always wrong lol

BVS gonna kill it :pimp:
People want to see what the Bat brings to the table. Word of mouth going to push it strong the second week.

Last edited:
i feel like what someone else said above.
BVS will have the stronger opening. but CW will have the longest legs.

they havent officially shown spiderman yet, so for the people who aren't up on the news like we are in this thread. once they see a spider suit.... it's on!!!

Both gonna make crazy loot. BvS will do better overseas though I feel. Like someone said word of mouth will do wonders for both films.

Its sucks but I kinda wish we didn't kniw Spiderman was gonna be in it its hard to genuinely shock people these days

idk if it will do much better overseas.
Superman wasn't received well overseas.

Batman is... but compared to every marvel movie... it will be a tough call

Even deadpool did great and the theater i was in when I watched it (I was in korea 2 weeks ago when I watched) 80% of the theater didn't get the jokes or most 4th wall stuff. but still clapped at the end and loved the film.

BvS is just a bigger draw to the casual moviegoer so it has a chance to have a bigger opening weekend.

Can't wait to see dudes catch feelings if CW doesn't perform as expected financially just like when AoU dropped

As if they have a personal stake in the box office

Last edited:
Its bizarre how people ride hard for Marvel :lol:

As long as I see the movie, who gives a **** if no one else does ?

Its bizarre how people ride hard for Marvel :lol:

As long as I see the movie, who gives a **** if no one else does ?

To a degree it matters and it doesn't.. It doesn't because obviously none of us are getting a check

If you enjoy a movie or what a director did, you're sorta invested because if they don't hit certain targets well guess what.. That person is out

Like with deadpool, hopefully fox (and other studios) now sees that you can stay truer to the character and actually give a crap and people will support.. However, I'm fairly certain they just will boil it down to cursing and juvenile behavior.. So we'll just get more R rated movies, with no real consideration for it that fits with the character or characters

Not sure which thread I said it in, but I would have (and still would) loved to seen Snyder do a straight up dark knight returns movie(s).. Or blade or spawn or certain other characters.. But not this

A lot of elements from his watchmen movie will come out in this movie.. And stylistically I think that plays well in a one off the dark knight returns movie or movies.. But with this they should have gone with a more traditional look, since this is setting up not only their JL franchise but all the characters within that world.. So it'll be a bit awkward when Snyder isn't at the helm for the other movies, considering they then exist within his world if he continues to be at the helm for JL movies

Last edited:
Only movie I see breaking Star Wars numbers is Infinity War 1 or 2. Most likely will be 2 in my opinion. Really hope they use Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage and Iron Fist from the Netflix shows. Nobody cares for Jessica Jones.

Can't wait to see dudes catch feelings if CW doesn't perform as expected financially just like when AoU dropped

As if they have a personal stake in the box office
No doubt CW will make bank too, but the way some of these dudes be hurtin you would think they are share holders for disney or something 
nerd.gif

The month of release will have a big say in which film earns more. One releases toward the end of spring break, the other is the first blockbuster film of the SUMMER

I want comic book movies in general to flourish. I may have my biases based on what cartoons/comics I read as a kid but I look at myself as a 10 year old and can't possibly imagine taking sides like people do on NT about these damn movies.

This is a golden age of superhero movies bruh. I want them all to be ******* amazing :smokin

i feel like what someone else said above.
BVS will have the stronger opening. but CW will have the longest legs.

they havent officially shown spiderman yet, so for the people who aren't up on the news like we are in this thread. once they see a spider suit.... it's on!!!

I agree with this. BvS will definitely make more money than what they are tracking on opening weekend(they almost always underestimate a bit for these big movies so they can brag to shareholders about how they blew away the projections). But CW will be the better movie IMO. I'm not sure about about world wide numbers though. Batman and superman just have the bigger name. The average person knows who they are. They are the most populate superheroes ever.

I don't care who does better. I'll be there at opening for both. And for the record I AM a shareholder of Disney. The success of BvS does wonders for Marvel and vice versa. The studios are rooting for each other, there's enough money for everyone, and they have plans to go on for years. They like the differences b/w their universes. It promotes the genre and keeps the genre relevant. Meaning more money for all. And mor movies for us!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom