WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

cap's shield is going to need a major upgrade now that everyone is getting vibranium items 
laugh.gif

super random but when cap was watching the news after stopping crossbones and killing 12 people it annoyed me that he turned off his computer screen with a remote when a keyboard was infront of him 
laugh.gif

Vision wasn't even fighting him until he hemmed him up with that choke hold. It was like big brother to little brother, then Hawkeye does the equivalent of calling their mom to get him off. I'm surprised Clint had any mojo left after that.
laugh.gif

The only thing he was good for was shooting Ant-Man off his bow.
hawkeye is that 38 year old NBA vet who plays like 4 minutes a game but offers advice for the younger guys 

Saw the film this morning so as usual get ready for a long *** review :lol:

Overall the film was dope. I wasn't personally unsatisfied by anything I saw, but let me give some props to Zemo. :pimp: I went through the film wondering when exactly he was going to fight some of the Avengers personally and when everyone would finally figure out how he was playing them, thinking that they'd finally rally to stop him at the end, but none of it ever happened. As a character and a threat nothing he does is about physically beating the Avengers himself. This guy's plan was like a better version of Ultron's, where he really managed to turn them against each other in a way that made sense, using the tools at his disposal. And his reasoning for doing so was great. Very nice how, just like the Sokovia Accords, it spun out of recent events in the MCU. In some ways I liked him here better than I ever did in the comics. There were certainly some risks with his plan coming together, but you can't do anything but admire the end result. I was really trying to think of how he was going to get Cap and Tony to fight again after Iron Man learned about his framing of Bucky thus far and what does he do? Pulls out a video of Bucky murdering Howard and Maria Stark! All around well done. Truly the perfect thing to drive Tony into a rage (Besides murdering Pepper).

I enjoyed the original Spider-Man film with Maguire and Amazing Spider-Man with Garfield, but this new kid has the potential to end up as the greatest live action Spider-Man of them all. And physically when we're speaking of raw ability he already blows the other two out of the water. Kid was easily one of the least experienced people at that airport, but he held his own against the pros. Same with Black Panther. Marvel did a good job giving you great moments with two characters who have films coming up soon, without actually going too far into them. For Black Panther, if you just watch this film you have no idea how he got his abilities or even the full extent of them, or of his history. And you don't need it, because that can be detailed in his own film. Same with Spider-Man. Peter even almost mentions how he got his powers and Tony blows him off :lol: Their conversations were also hilarious. Excited to see both new characters in their upcoming features and the way both characters held their own against Cap and Bucky at different points was :smokin

Beyond them though, I think that everyone looked great. Iron Man, War Machine, Ant Man, Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Winter Soldier, really the only person who I was slightly disappointed with was Hawkeye, as I felt he didn't do all that much, though watching him try to fight Vision was damn good comedy :rofl: For the most part, everyone got to show their stuff though, to the point that you wouldn't question why would they want X or Y character on their team. They're all useful characters in their own right. Not so much Hawkeye, but he did talk Wanda into taking out Vision, so that might really be the most useful skill of them all :nerd:. The Tony vs Steve and Bucky fight at the end was :smokin So many great moments. Tony and Steve clashing laser to shield, Tony blowing Bucky's arm off, the ending with Tony telling Steve to drop the shield because his father built it :pimp: Just a perfect confrontation in every way, from the way it started to the aftermath. Captain America out here lying to Tony about how Bucky killed his parents though :smh: By far the biggest scumbag in this film in all honesty. You thought you were protecting him? Naah son, as we saw you were protecting your one armed friend that can barely remember you on a good day. Lucky that Tony wasn't calling in the Iron Legion and raining down hell from above.

But still, the way sides were drawn and the team slowly taken apart was still nice to see. I liked how it wasn't some instant split. You got to see some of the current team in Africa at the start, the mission goes south, the Accords are drawn up, and then people begin taking sides. Yet even then there's a constant argument going on to keep things from getting out of hand. I liked that just as much as I liked Zemo's plan here. These guys are teammates and friends, they shouldn't want to fight each other and should do everything they can to avoid doing so. I was actually surprised by how long it took them to fight in the film and how much discussion they actually put into things. You know if there was any part of the film I was disappointed with it was the end credit scenes. I suppose that at this point I just expect the scenes to be leading more into Thanos in some way. So while seeing some of Wakanda and the Spider light were nice in their own way, they let me down. Felt the same way with Ant-Man's after credit scenes though. On that note however, I do feel that there's still some room for development from here to Infinity War. This film as it was was great, I don't know that i'd have changed a thing. Every character was used in a sufficient way for the storyline that took place. But going forward I think Marvel can push just a bit further to that final level when the team gets over all the issues from this film and brings it back together to save the universe.

A lil late in posting but I saw it Thursday night and it was great. Gonna try to see it again tomorrow. It felt like it went by so fast. Spider-Man and Black Panther were amazing! They did a great job with all the characters. Can't wait for Phase 3 to start. Just imagine Infinity Wars.

black widow just stunning black panther non stop to let cap and bucky escape was hilarious

it was like dude was playing red light green light 

The only thing that could stop BLACK Panther was a white woman. The Russo's ain't slick! I'm WOKE!

Hoping this movie makes as much money as possible so Marvel will feel incentive to increase the budget for the infinity war films. 250 budget isn't enough for what I want to see on screen, b :lol:

Last edited:
way better than AOU!!!

Forreal though I remember being so hyped as a senior in HS when I Avengers 1...I never would have guessed ima graduate college and STILL be two year out until I finally get to see Thanos :lol:

Phase 3 less gooooooo

EDIT: This movie in time may jump to my #2 fave comic book movies of all time :pimp: such a great flick

Last edited:
The movie was so damn good. My brother is a fool though saying he liked bvs way better.

Bucky was smacking the hell out of people with that metal arm.

Yes it was.

It's the whole reason he went off and tried to kill Bucky. Dude killed his moms.

Just telling him early on with no proof doesn't do what he wants accomplished. He wanted the Avengers to crumble from within. That doesn't happen with just Tony wanting to kill Bucky and Cap stepping in. Bombing the meeting about the accords and framing Bucky is key in causing more tension.

If he didn't this whole movie would've been Tony and Cap arguing at a table with Ross and them probably coming to some compromise. The hunt for Bucky distracts them.

The video was needed due to the brutality of the killings. How Howard Stark died :x

I honestly would have just preferred he pulled a BvS and sent son the video in a power point. I don't recall if the video was specifically at the facility though. As for how to fan the flames of the conflict afterwards, there are plenty of options for that.

Wait, another thing, why is there crystal clear HD footage of a dark road in the backwoods of Russia in 1991? :lol:
I'm pretty sure he needed to be in the facility to get the vid. So that demands he get to Bucky and control him. Nobody could find dude before this so it's probably also why Zemo chose to frame him (also knowing he's Cap friend).

The only and earliest time he could've sent Tony the vid is after he got to the place in Russia and Tony was at the Raft or on the helicopter. So at best we get Tony watching the vid, getting angry as ****, and then dipping in his suit and immediately trying to kill Bucky instead of more towards the end.

If in some scenario Zemo got the vid from the Hydra agent he tortured and sent Tony the vid at the beginning, like after Tony gives those grants to the college kids. We have an Iron Man movie with him searching the world to find Bucky. He would've killed him on his own probably before Zemo even got to frame him :lol: Tony would've ignored what that lady told him about her son and probably not even show up to talk to Cap about the accords. He would've said **** that.
That would have made the fight lit as hell.

I mean, was the fight not already lit? I don't think the audience reaction during the slow-mo of the last fight could've gotten any bigger :lol:

Man I just don't think the Accords were a believable enough reason for good friends to start fighting each other.

I mean they basically disregard the government anyway when push comes to shove. :lol:

Just my opinion.
I can see how ppl feel this way.

And yeah to me that is what Tony would probably do if it ever got down to a serious situation where the U.N. was telling them not to step in.

The accords weren't enough to fight but in Tony's mind it was enough for him to try and stop his friends, try to subdue them, that's it. The whole airport fight they mention how they're taking it easy, capture not kill including Bucky (except for BP apparently)
Wait, another thing, why is there crystal clear HD footage of a dark road in the backwoods of Russia in 1991? :lol:
:lol: I don't know why but for some reason Hydra likes to document and record their kills.

Maybe it was another test for Bucky sending him to kill a guy who was sort of a friend and ally during the war. Perhaps they were worried he'd break his conditioning. Hence the brutal Howard death and less viscous one for Maria (although I guess that depends on how one would feel about dying that way).
It's not a problem with the movie itself but there are so many storylines surrounding cap, tony and crew that need to be resolved before they fight thanos and I don't see them covering it in the new character solo movies

I mean, to me it seems like the only thread to close is the fact that the team is not together. I would think that an external threat like Thanos would be what's needed to bring them together.

My guess is that the original core is not going to be together until part 2.

Part 1 is likely going to be a mix of the phase 3 ppl with some of the OGs and than the rest being elsewhere.
Bruh, Bucky gonna have to stay in stasis for IW. There's no way in hell Tony is fighting with that man.

He's already gonna begrudgingly work with scumbag Steve to defeat these aliens and Thanos.

To me I don't know how they get over this as friends. They better make 2 different Avenger teams for phase 4 and stick to that.
And stuff falcon was doing and taking (kicking the helicopter.. Having nothing broken after Bucky threw him against the truck.. Taking a spidey kick to the chest)
After watching again I may be rationalizing but a human flying that fast in that harness kicking the weakest/thinnest part of the helicopter could move it like that given it's already airborne. Of course I assume that human would break their leg at least.

As for taking Spidey's kick I think Spidey was holding back. Kinda showed that the way he easily was pushing back Bucky's metal arm. he was controlling his strength throughout.

Last edited:
I feel like Bucky will be out of stasis a lot earlier than Infinity War

Maybe he'll be the token white boy in Black Panther :lol:

When is the BP movie on the Marvel movie release timeline again?

Last edited:
Anyone else disappointed that zemo didn't wake those people up? It would've been lit.

Anyone else disappointed that zemo didn't wake those people up? It would've been lit.

The whole time I was feeling that Zemo was going to wake them up after Cap and Tony did some fighting and then they'll have a common enemy to fight again...

I'm so glad it didn't happen that way..

What they did was so. Much. Better. :smokin

I read the rundown Zemo's plan on TV Tropes and I'm going to copy and paste it here

First, after getting a hold of the Winter Soldier's code book, he disguises himself as Bucky and bombs a peace summit. This starts a manhunt for Bucky with orders to shoot on sight (which even Bucky notes is a smart play), and because of the Accords, Captain America isn't allowed to interfere. Cap interferes, causing tension in the team. Once Bucky is arrested, Zemo goes to talk to him as the UN-sanctioned psychologist (having killed the real one), has an EMP take out the power, and while the cameras are down, activates Bucky using the code phrase and sends him on a rampage. As Cap is rescuing Bucky, Zemo drops hints that he is going to recover the other five Winter Soldiers from stasis and unleash them on the world, convincing Cap that there's no time to sit down and come to a peaceful solution with Tony. Instead, Cap and Bucky escape to Russia after a huge fight, resulting in Rhodey's injury and the imprisonment of the rest of Cap's team. Then, Zemo allows the corpse of the psychiatrist to be found, letting Tony realize he's been played and following Cap to Russia to help. Then Zemo reveals he killed all the sleeping Winter Soldiers, and shows Tony footage of Bucky killing his parents, which sends Tony into a rage.

Mad contrived.

Sidenote, Spider-Man scenes had me in the theater feeling like Lamekilla :lol: it's too early to tell if I like Holland better than Garfield, but Homecoming will be absolutely lit :pimp:

And that bad Wakandan chick posting up on Natasha :wow: :pimp:

:nthat: fam I lead the applause and cheers in both of my screenings so far when Queens popped up on screen. Feige is gawd for what he just blessed us with. For him to even have the balls to give the ok for Black Panther to be portrayed the way he was is simply beautiful. That man is a comic book fan first.

And me and @Uptempo kid mentioned yesterday that ol girl was part of the Dora Milaje....this movie touched my heart fam :wow:

bad guy sets loose mindless destruction machine that forces conflicted heroes to band together 

we have seen that movie and it was awful 

the ending to this was perfect and the twist was great 

I really don't want Black Panther movie to be Civer War 2.

or infinity war prequel.
That's one thing I didn't like about the outlook.

I don't want any of the Avengers in the BP movie if possible.

If they have to be, have the villain take them out ASAP like freeze them in carbonite or something.

Back
Top Bottom