Went to Stockton CA this weekend

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by youngdoc

Cali can get pretty racist. There are parts deep in the OC that are pretty bad. They won't necessarily call you a ni..gg. er but they won't hire you/they won't lease an apt to you/cops will harass you

I am half spanish/half iranian but I look white so I should be fine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll take the snobby racists down south over the methed out skin head racists we got in certain deep recesses of Norcal.

Anything east of Livermore is a no go for me.

Iranian? Does it show?
Our racists are better than their racists?

Originally Posted by mholmes87

I only go to Stockton for the Mexican restaurant on the waterfront..

that's it

Im right next door, in Tracy, and its not even 1/3 as bad..
Tracy is a $#@hole too...stockton's backyard
Your post is the equivalent of bagging on Cleveland when you're from Cincinnati 

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I agree with who said downtown Oakland area can be that city that isn't necessarily tourist friendly but can be a cool spot to live if you don't have a family. If you can't stand the SF weather, Oakland is that much better and apartments are way bigger for your buck as well. SF is great but your living can depend on your income. I would rather live in Oakland instead of the Sunset and/or Daily City.......but that is just me.

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Unappealing Parts of NorCal: Deep East Oakland, Deep West Oakland, Certain parts of Berkeley, Richmond, Tenderloin District (in SF) and apparently some parts of San Jose.

The TL isn't as bad as it seems. Mind you there are parts that totally suck but there are a ton of restaurants in the TL that I wouldn't disregard just cause of a bunch of bums here and there. The only place in SF I would never go to is Hunters Point.
I accidentally drove my #*$ to HP before.....one of the scariest places I've ever seen.

Originally Posted by 4one5

I think Modesto is a lot worse IMO. That place literally felt like a ghost town last time I was there. Manteca and Tracy are the only places I'd consider living in the Central Valley.

i would say modesto is right up there with stockton but modesto is way smaller than stockton. ill co sign with you on tracy and manteca being great places to live.
I'm in Stockton at least once a week for work. Way worse than Modesto

Just to throw my cents in. I'm originally from Marin.

Richest county in the state, 20 min to SF, 40 min to the beach, 3 hr from Tahoe, 30 min to wine country.

I live in SF now which is
pimp.gif
, but it's my goal to live in Sausalito when I get older.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by mholmes87

I only go to Stockton for the Mexican restaurant on the waterfront..

that's it

Im right next door, in Tracy, and its not even 1/3 as bad..
Tracy is a $#@hole too...stockton's backyard
Your post is the equivalent of bagging on Cleveland when you're from Cincinnati 

naw man hes right. and this is coming from someone who lives in stockton... 

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Tracy.
laugh.gif

all the good people from around the area are moving there. that and manteca. were not talking about stores, clubs, places, etc. were talking about the people in that city and the living conditions... 
10-15 years ago it was the other way around.... tracy was gonna even lose their mall thats how bad it was...

and wow talk about a crap hole.

i cant walk on the street by myself during the day

i cant rock my dodger cap

and i have never seen so many damn tweekers.

northern cali= ohio of california
except for san fran

I live in Stockton and that can't be any more true (depending on where you are)

Havent been to Stockton, but I've been to Bakersfield and Fresno, both places look depressing

Back
Top Bottom