What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't bought a swisher since 2002
upload_2018-11-22_12-25-8.jpeg

Probably smoking the roach like it never ended.

Gotta let that ish go!! Ain’t nothing left.

You should try it out. If you live in the area, what’s there to lose? I’d be super interested to see if your experience was similar to mine. Who knows. You might think it’s tolerable.

Why would you advise someone to walk into a blender after your description? :lol:

You also have to factor in that $18 hr isn’t that much when you live in NY/NJ. Cost of living is through the roof. It just wasn’t worth it. I had to go back home.

How far did you have to move to be near this job? What made you make such an impactful decision? That's not easy to do, and why would you move to the area for an $18/hr job? That doesn't sound like a lot after doing a little research, but that's just my thinking.

*disclaimer: I only read the first page and a half of this thread so far, OP story made me laugh, outside of his financial situation.

Like I said earlier savings, it's just most americans don't have any savings due to retail therapy and carrying debt along with other habits. I know plenty of ppl that take long sabbaticals but most of them tend to not be Americans since they're the ones that tend to have the savings for. Not any real hustles, trying to experiment and look into different things to try to find what I want to do. I still eat out and travel etc., I just don't buy a bunch of sneakers/clothes or go out and spend hundreds of dollars on bar tab etc.

yeah where does money come from to do simple **** like eat and not stink

Xennial Xennial did you have any hustles, licit or illicit lol

C69717FA-4313-4329-B236-F740FC9F5CAA.gif
Like I said earlier savings, it's just most americans don't have any savings due to retail therapy and carrying debt along with other habits. I know plenty of ppl that take long sabbaticals but most of them tend to not be Americans since they're the ones that tend to have the savings for. Not any real hustles, trying to experiment and look into different things to try to find what I want to do. I still eat out and travel etc., I just don't buy a bunch of sneakers/clothes or go out and spend hundreds of dollars on bar tab etc.

I don't understand why some of y'all are disparaging OP for his decision. Why is leaving after one day on the job worse than leaving after x > 1 days on the job? You would've preferred he waste his time and life at a job he knew from direct experience wasn't for him? How does that saying about insanity go again?

Disgusting.

As a friend, I would have held my boy down as well. But as a man, I would have made sure I always had enough money to get myself to work.

I understand though, rough times can occur for anyone and everyone so I'm not here to judge. \But what does he mean "load his card" his bank account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom