What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

What Eagle Rare are you getting that isn’t the regular Eagle Rare (aged at least 10 years) or the specialty 17 year/Extra Rare (20 yr) one?

I’ve noticed some of their bottles differ. Some just say Eagle Rare, some call out 10 year on the label. But it’s the same. I think the main difference is if they included an 11+ year old barrel they can’t put “aged 10 years” on the bottle.

I love Eagle Rare though. The bottles I’ve had feel like a step up from Buffalo Trace. But end of the day, I’m not sure I personally see enough difference to pay an upgrade if you’re not getting it at MSRP. Same with Blanton’s…a step up, but I’m not paying more than MSRP for it.

I’m generally really not a big fan of Tennessee Whiskey, but my go-to for regular nights has been James Dickel Bottled in Bond for a couple years now (aged 13 years) in the $35-$40 range. Taste/age/price is a really good value. It’s widely available, which is a big thing for me. Dallas has a bad market with places hoarding/jacking up the prices of BT products, otherwise Buffalo Trace would probably be my daily drinker.

correction it is the 10 year version, thanks for the info I'm looking for bourbons to try, I'm more a fan of cognac when I was drinking liquor. Venturing into bourbon because I want to pair it with cigars.

correction it is the 10 year version, thanks for the info I'm looking for bourbons to try, I'm more a fan of cognac when I was drinking liquor. Venturing into bourbon because I want to pair it with cigars.
If it’s under like $50 I’m definitely fine with grabbing a bottle. In Dallas they tend to keep it behind the counter in some spots and charge like $80…not going that high. I’m a Total Wine guy, so it’s mostly lottery allocation there.

The Total Wine lotteries have gotten impossible lately, but I’ll randomly find extra bottles of stuff in store right after the pickup window ends and people don’t come get the stuff they won at a reasonable price.

Honestly I'm probably not the best lol.

I just smoke the Cigars I like and drink the Bourbon I like. I don't know if they are the perfect pairing, but they work for me.
Well in this thread you’re my pairing guy. I admit I have a gutter palate and just do what I want regardless of taste…you at least seem to have some style :lol:

Well in this thread you’re my pairing guy. I admit I have a gutter palate and just do what I want regardless of taste…you at least seem to have some style :lol:

Bro...I just throw stuff together that works. I have a few go to cigars and my bourbon taste is all over the place.

🤣🤣🤣

Bro...I just throw stuff together that works. I have a few go to cigars and my bourbon taste is all over the place.

🤣🤣🤣
Alright, I’m going to start back up smoking my cigars more often and come for your spot 😂

My wife recently tried to throw away my coolidor (cooler I built into a humidor) because I hadn’t grabbed anything out of there in a while, but she didn’t realize I was still maintaining it and just not smoking cigars as much because she doesn’t love it. Time to do me lol

As far as sticks go though, I tend to load up on Cubans when I travel abroad and coast on those for a long time. So you’re probably a lot better for recs on sticks you can get here.

Back
Top Bottom