What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Went hunting this morning for a Taylor and Eagle Rare store pick. Get there and find out they can’t release bottles until Tuesday cause the store pick label didn’t get added so they have to get that done.

Found another Country Ham, EHT Rye and Small Batch and a 1972 Full Proof store pick.

Went hunting this morning for a Taylor and Eagle Rare store pick. Get there and find out they can’t release bottles until Tuesday cause the store pick label didn’t get added so they have to get that done.

Found another Country Ham, EHT Rye and Small Batch and a 1972 Full Proof store pick.
What do you think of the 1792 Full Proof? Been kinda wanting to try. Are the store picks a lot better than regular?

What do you think of the 1792 Full Proof? Been kinda wanting to try. Are the store picks a lot better than regular?

No clue. I haven’t had it either. I’ll let you know once I crack it. Found it for $45 which I think is a decent deal. I’ve heard good things so figured I’d give it a shot.

Opened the Blanton’s Gold today. Pretty good. Nothing to write home about. Does give a better hug than I expected.

40F01943-58B1-4A4F-8A4B-68E4734CAA01.jpeg

AD2C2F3B-C09F-4359-8E21-FA47F0B43F3E.jpeg

Got this to share with someone I know likes Jim Beam. I must say, I don’t hate this at all, especially for the price. I think it was like under $25 after tax. The best way I can personally describe it is a toned down Old Grand-dad 114. I think I might like this a bit more than the 114, because to me, it’s slightly easier to drink. Call me crazy....

Anyway, you guys better be having a good weekend.

20200502_092202_HDR~2-01.jpeg

Starting a mini collection with black bottles :lol:

Time to add the blackest of black bottles..

Time to add the blackest of black bottles..

I haven't had any Octomores yet, and somehow it feels like a ripoff spending 160\170 for a 5 year old whisky. People do seem to rave about them...
Rather save some more and go for the Black Art, I think a new version (08.1?) is about to release.

Anybody planning on trying to get the E.H. Taylor 18 Year Marriage that was just announced for June? $70 MSRP. I'll send one of yall $100 + shipping if you can get an extra bottle to send to me. Already know I won't be able to get my hands on it in DFW.

Anybody planning on trying to get the E.H. Taylor 18 Year Marriage that was just announced for June? $70 MSRP. I'll send one of yall $100 + shipping if you can get an extra bottle to send to me. Already know I won't be able to get my hands on it in DFW.

I would say there is a solid chance none of us get a chance to get it. If so, I doubt it would be for msrp

Chopper Chopper what do you think of those norlan glasses?

They're alright. I like Glencairn's a lot more. The Norlans are good for sipping on some neat whiskey that you know you like, however if you really want to get into the smell and get the full experience I'd say go with Glens. I still go to the Norlans pretty regularly though.

I got my hands on the EH Taylor single barrel and Eagle Rare store picks that I was after. The ER is good. Haven't opened the EHT yet. Apparently they're going for quite a bit on secondary ($200+). Not many stores across the country are getting EHT store picks this year from what I read.

They're alright. I like Glencairn's a lot more. The Norlans are good for sipping on some neat whiskey that you know you like, however if you really want to get into the smell and get the full experience I'd say go with Glens. I still go to the Norlans pretty regularly though.

what about vs a Canadian whiskey glass?

I got my hands on the EH Taylor single barrel and Eagle Rare store picks that I was after. The ER is good. Haven't opened the EHT yet. Apparently they're going for quite a bit on secondary ($200+). Not many stores across the country are getting EHT store picks this year from what I read.
Maybe a dozen stores in the US is what I heard for the EHT barrel picks... They are actually going for close to 400 on secondary... Rarity is what is driving it... Who knew a sticker would raise the price by 330??? Grabbed a Redwood Lost Monarch, WSR, Mayor Pingree Red Label and an Old Ezra 7 today...

Maybe a dozen stores in the US is what I heard for the EHT barrel picks... They are actually going for close to 400 on secondary... Rarity is what is driving it... Who knew a sticker would raise the price by 330??? Grabbed a Redwood Lost Monarch, WSR, Mayor Pingree Red Label and an Old Ezra 7 today...

Yep heard similar. Wow, didn't know it was that much. Yeah pretty ridiculous. I've passed on single barrel before at $99 but this time around I said **** it and pulled the trigger. Small batch is so good at $40 there'd usually be no reason to pay more than $70 for the single barrel.

what about vs a Canadian whiskey glass?

Never tried but have seen reviews that suggest they're not good.

I have such a hard time getting in to single barrels just because of variability. Some are good and some are so so. I hate to spend decent money on not the best product

Grabbed another ECBP A120 so that I can crack my other one soon... Traded a couple EHT SmB for a 4Roses barrel pick since they don’t hit my area.

Finally got an in with one of the guys at my local Total Wine. Picked up a Wellers Special Reserve and an Angel's Envy this week.
Good work

Grabbing a Michters Barrel Strength Rye from a member of a local bourbon group in the AM... Cost me 140 but don’t feel like I will find one any time soon unless bounce down to their distillery... Turning my attention to the Michters Toasted Rye and some Willet purple tops from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom