What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

20200519_155047.jpg

So i celebrated my birthday this weekend. I ordered some sangrias from a local Puerto Rican place. I got Guava and Passionfruit sangria and idk what the **** they put in their but that damn Sangria put me on my ***. Also made me realize that i cannot hang like i used to.

New Riff, Traverse City, Four Roses, Russell’s Picks all coming through in the next few days...

A678F4F9-988B-4FFF-95D2-E0A9449D7836.jpeg

12 year MGP that is supposed to be quite good... Waiting to crack if I get the 11 year MGP from Old Pepper to see how they compare.

Last edited:
Anybody get there hands on any of the SmokeWagon bottles??? I have 2 of their Small Batches coming in Friday but am trying to get some of their barrel picks... Heard they are awesome

Last edited:
My Total Wine has been getting a STEADY supply of Buffalo Trace, Wellers Old Reserve, Angels Envy, Wilderness Trail and a few others. Had an Old Scout Barrel Select store pick on the shelves last night (750 ml for $50). I was so tempted but ended up just grabbing a handle of EW BiB.

Also seem to have a good stream of Knob Creek 12 yr for like $60. I know I've seen discussion about that one on here before. Let me know if anyone wants me to grab a bottle for you.

Anybody get there hands on any of the SmokeWagon bottles??? I have 2 of their Small Batches coming in Friday but am trying to get some of their barrel picks... Heard they are awesome
Almost bought some from the online store outta San Diego I usually use. Didn't wanna pay for the shipping on just one bottle though.

Last edited:
25BB76DE-CC3A-4C50-9B20-FF51A2524066.jpeg

I decided to go for the big boy. Lol
Also saw the Total Wine near me had a handle of Evan Williams BiB for $20 before tax

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

On a side note, I grabbed a Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel this week. It was good, and I’ll post a pic next time, but I don’t know, I might just rather have Rare Breed. I don’t have a super refined pallet, so that could be it. Luckily, they had it listed wrong on the shelf so I get $10 off lol. I did see the new label on one and it’s nice to see the age of the barrel and where it came from. Sorry for the long post.

Willett put some 15 year bourbon on their website at 10 am for in store pickup... $750... Sold out in a hour

25BB76DE-CC3A-4C50-9B20-FF51A2524066.jpeg

I decided to go for the big boy. Lol
Also saw the Total Wine near me had a handle of Evan Williams BiB for $20 before tax

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

On a side note, I grabbed a Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel this week. It was good, and I’ll post a pic next time, but I don’t know, I might just rather have Rare Breed. I don’t have a super refined pallet, so that could be it. Luckily, they had it listed wrong on the shelf so I get $10 off lol. I did see the new label on one and it’s nice to see the age of the barrel and where it came from. Sorry for the long post.

I love wild turkey 101. Great sipper neat or on the rocks. great mixer and cant beat the price for the quality you are getting. perfect for those new to bourbon or connoisseurs imo

[/COLOR]
Pickups for this weekend from my guy at Total Wine. Had a glass of each...definitely don't love them but they're good.

20200612_205511.jpg
Haven’t had a store pick of Full Proof but when I bought the regular, I did not like it at all... I didn’t think there was much to it... Not a fan of any of the 1792 that I have tasted to be honest.

Haven’t had a store pick of Full Proof but when I bought the regular, I did not like it at all... I didn’t think there was much to it... Not a fan of any of the 1792 that I have tasted to be honest.
I might give their regular line a try just because of the price, but not a big fan of it so far. Who knows though, might change when I revisit it later.
How is the Full Proof? I always want to try it, but can never convince myself.
PM me your address and I'll see about shipping you a taster of it.

I like the full proof quite a bit. If you like that Old Forester banana flavor you’ll like the 1792 full proof. Mine is a store pick though so could be hit or miss depending on barrel.

IMG20200614134941.jpg

Introduced a friend to whisky today with a small tasting:
JW Platinum Label
Glenlivet 12
Nikka from the Barrel
Glengoyne 21
Balvenie week of peat 14 years
Laphroaig 10

His least favorite was the Nikka from the Barrel and his favorite was the Balvenie week of peat. My least favorite was the Glengoyne 21 and my favorite the Laphroaig 10. Balvenie a close second.

Never had the Laphroaig before and expected the worst based on the flavor descriptions I've read (medicinal, band-aids) but instead got a nicely balanced peaty, vegetal and slightly sweet whisky.

Might do a tasting again soon, definitely a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom