What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

IMG20200719202208.jpg

Don't like this stuff neat, but it works great in an old fashioned.
It might just be the name, but neat this tastes very floral / perfumey to me.

Heard it is good but $300 for a bottle is tough for me to part with... Everyones budget is different and may be worth it to others.
It is one of the few "better" bourbons that is actually available on the shelf for me. Apart from that I can only get EH Taylor small batch for €100. I'll sleep on it for a minute. There is also a 13 y.o. single barrel Jack Daniel's I've been eyeing (indepent bottling) that gets good reviews. That ones 150 so a little bit easier to swallow. Been spending way to much on whisky as it is :lol:

It is one of the few "better" bourbons that is actually available on the shelf for me. Apart from that I can only get EH Taylor small batch for €100. I'll sleep on it for a minute. There is also a 13 y.o. single barrel Jack Daniel's I've been eyeing (indepent bottling) that gets good reviews. That ones 150 so a little bit easier to swallow. Been spending way to much on whisky as it is :lol:
If they have the JD Single Barrel Barrel Proof at around $60USD, that is a great buy IMO

interesting tasting notes. there are a few different recipes for the single barrel. it's a constant on my shelf but never had a floral note.
Just revisited it, definite rosewater note in there. A little off-putting for me. On the palate/finish the floral note subsides and I get more vanilla and cherry.
I wouldn't mind if it was a bit more oaky to counter the sweet and floral notes.

For now it works well in my Old Fashioneds.

Man, where are yall finding Blantons at? Its like trying to find a damned Unicorn in AZ!!!

im in the Bahamas, was shocked as hell

actually never had it, but figured let me check what the hype was about

im in the Bahamas, was shocked as hell

actually never had it, but figured let me check what the hype was about
If you had it before the hype set in, its a great pour. Itll never live up to the hype behind it now...

If you had it before the hype set in, its a great pour. Itll never live up to the hype behind it now...

drinking it now.. pretty good.. I mean I wasn’t going buy into any hype.. but I just never had it and just assumed it wouldn’t be available down here

drinking it now.. pretty good.. I mean I wasn’t going buy into any hype.. but I just never had it and just assumed it wouldn’t be available down here

For guys who are new to the Bourbon game, the hype is damn near Off White 1 levels. Here in AZ, people actually line up for it and its gone within 15 mins of the store opening.

For guys who are new to the Bourbon game, the hype is damn near Off White 1 levels. Here in AZ, people actually line up for it and its gone within 15 mins of the store opening.

gee.. yea shh ain’t that good.. good/solid, but it ain’t the only one

trying see which glenrothes I’m going pickup

So many better options at $60 than Blantons but I always keep a bottle on the shelf... It good but not something I am running around town for.

Hoping to grab an EHT Barrel Proof this year.. Starting to see them pop up in other markets

Speaking of hyped options...thoughts on Eagle Rare? Watched a documentary on Kentucky bourbons and wanted to try it out. Of course it can't be found in my area but I was told it gets restocked at the beginning of the month.

Eagle Rare is always solid... 10 years old for $30 is tough to beat... Try to keep a bottle or two at all times.

Buffalo Trace is the same mash bill as Eagle Rare so there are some similarities... Its younger than ER so not as well rounded IMO but I like pretty much everything that Buffalo Trace Distillery puts out so again, a buy IMO if you can find it.

Not a fan of Larceny but also not a gigantic fan of wheated bourbons but people do seem to like it... Heard their barrel proof is getting better too

Bulleit is a sleeper to me... Pretty solid and again a buy at 25

If a local store has "store picks" of any of these bourbons, BUY THEM... Worst case scenario is that it tastes like the normal batches but chances are it will be a different profile for the better.

Picked up couple others to try out:

1596149959128.jpeg

1596149996331.jpeg

1596150034560.jpeg

and the rest I saw at my 2 spots:

buffalo trace, basil Hayden, knob creek, bulleit, elijah Craig, larceny and iron smoke

the place that had mitchers was out

Back
Top Bottom