What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

1792 Full Proof store pick

20230128_185534.jpg

AC24A868-FB0C-4446-A864-59D5EC821B67.jpeg

Had to bring out the big guns for a celebratory pour after another eagles trip to the Super Bowl :pimp:

had a 2018 birthday bourbon last night at that share too, it was a surprising after thought compared to all of the other heavy hitters we had. But I really really enjoyed that bottle. Squeezed so much flavor out of a 12 year, 101 proof whiskey

I let the bourbon take a bit too much control of me and turned into too much of an ******* too often in front of my wife and her friends. She gave me an ultimatum and told me it was the bourbon or her. Keeping myself on a pretty hard non-alcoholic beer diet for a while to get things back under control.

I’ve tried pretty much all of the Athletic Brew beers at this point, and they have some solid brews. Had a few of the Heineken 0.0s. Any recommendations on other non-alcoholic beers that are widely distributed?

tmay407 tmay407 salute to you for getting things under control. Wish I had more suggestions for you.

Hit on RR13 today via Razz. Paid 28 for the slot and hit.

Picking up the bottle tomorrow.
It’s a struggle every day to not pour a bourbon at the end of the day as we watch TV on the couch, but I know it’s for the best - both for my relationship and my health. Still wanna go on the hunt for bottles around Dallas, just not quite sure how she’ll perceive that quite yet.

I let the bourbon take a bit too much control of me and turned into too much of an ******* too often in front of my wife and her friends. She gave me an ultimatum and told me it was the bourbon or her. Keeping myself on a pretty hard non-alcoholic beer diet for a while to get things back under control.

I’ve tried pretty much all of the Athletic Brew beers at this point, and they have some solid brews. Had a few of the Heineken 0.0s. Any recommendations on other non-alcoholic beers that are widely distributed?
Athletic is pretty much the best. Salute to you to recognizing a problem and taking the steps to rectify it.

I’ve always told my wife, I’m into beer and whiskey for the taste. The buzz is just a byproduct that I could honestly do without.

It’s a struggle every day to not pour a bourbon at the end of the day as we watch TV on the couch, but I know it’s for the best - both for my relationship and my health. Still wanna go on the hunt for bottles around Dallas, just not quite sure how she’ll perceive that quite yet.
Bottles will come and go. I know that itch to hunt and collect is strong. But your relationships are more important

My main drinking potna went out bad on yak and somehow guilt-tripped me into taking time off too.

As cliche as it sounds, finding a new hobby the easiest way to get thru it prolly. Worst thing 4 me is I'm so used to going out to eat 4 food, and ending up at the bar.

Hopefully she comes around tho, kinda trash to be in that situation unless you rly been reckless like that

For those in the north east/Atlantic regions, if you ever make it out to Baltimore, check out drug city. Super cool place, awesome owner. They have great bottles at the bar for very reasonable prices ($10 GTS pours, $40 willett purple top flights, etc)

Got the chance to try these this weekend. Back story, two store owners in the DMV area had the chance to purchase some pretty old MGP stock. They bottled it and released it under the Maryland Heritage Series name. My favorite was Lorely which is a 16 year old MGP bottle

5FE5FE0E-1AE1-4149-BCA9-78608DB07D64.jpeg

For those in the north east/Atlantic regions, if you ever make it out to Baltimore, check out drug city. Super cool place, awesome owner. They have great bottles at the bar for very reasonable prices ($10 GTS pours, $40 willett purple top flights, etc)

Got the chance to try these this weekend. Back story, two store owners in the DMV area had the chance to purchase some pretty old MGP stock. They bottled it and released it under the Maryland Heritage Series name. My favorite was Lorely which is a 16 year old MGP bottle

5FE5FE0E-1AE1-4149-BCA9-78608DB07D64.jpeg
Heard about that place… Never in the DMV but it is on the list if I head that way
Group I am in actually did a barrel pick of the 3 Ryes from that old MGP stock… I got a bottle of the Sherbrook but have not opened it yet… Heard it is very good.

View attachment 3087901 View attachment 3087901

Heard about that place… Never in the DMV but it is on the list if I head that way
Group I am in actually did a barrel pick of the 3 Ryes from that old MGP stock… I got a bottle of the Sherbrook but have not opened it yet… Heard it is very good.

View attachment 3087901 View attachment 3087901
The ryes are the star of the show imo. I did a side by side with Bookers Rye and all 3 held their own.

They’re releasing a 15 year MGP whiskey (bourbon + light whiskey blend) on Friday on Seelbachs. Had a pour of it the other day, super tasty

Have tried quite a few NULU offerings and none of them were good... Have to hope the finishing takes a lot of the harshness off their barrels

Agreed. I don't know what they are doing but the finish to thier products makes zero sense to me IMO.

I wonder how much they had to pay MJ for his branding. Never heard of NULU before but that 58.5 ABV is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom