What are your favorite restaurants in socal?

I'm always looking for some new places to grub at. What are some of your favorite joints NT? no chain places, either fancy or hole in the wall, whatsgood?

hmm
dinos chicken n fries on pico and berendo...
burger planet on gage n broadway i think..
damn to many to remember em all right now..

I'd like to know as well...

Here are some spots I'd recommend:

- Volcano Burger DIRECTLY across the street from Los Alamitos HS
- Ruth's Place, some bomb southern-style food... corner of Bristol/Civic Center Drive in Santa Ana
- The Loft (Hawaiian food) in Lakewood, corner of Pioneer/Del Amo

pauls place

I gotta try this sometime. There's one in Los Al and in Anaheim too.

Originally Posted by p2vandal

hmm
dinos chicken n fries on pico and berendo...
burger planet on gage n broadway i think..
damn to many to remember em all right now..
Yes DINOS = best place to go. highly recomended. its close to Pico/Vermont.

So I been hearing of Dino's for atleast the last 15+ years, is it that good? I remember when my brother had it once as a kid he came home goin BANANAStalkin bout how it was the best chicken he ever had (granted this was back in like 1992). I might have to trek into Ktown to go try this out.

Yang Chows In Chinatown..
pimp.gif

yeah dinos is that good..
well to most people..
cheap too.. its worth a shot
but yeah ..
more places:
Gus burgers near belmont high..
hong kong bowl on slauson and vermont...

Bay Cities
Hoagies & Wings
Pita Kitchen
Apple Pan
Marty's

so many more i'm forgetting

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

shorehouse cafe on PCH in seal beach.... the portions are
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

damn i havent been to shorehouse in a minute. I used to go there all the time for breakfast after partyin all night cause it was close (or close enough)to CSULB where i was at.

Originally Posted by OnDaReal

Yang Chows In Chinatown..
pimp.gif
i often eat at full house in chinatown, but i heard about this spot recently. i gotta try it out soon.

Where is Yang Chows (what part of Chinatown). The only restaurant I ever go to in Chinatown is Plum Tree Inn.

Originally Posted by OnDaReal

^^^^Try the slippery shrimp. That stuff is no joke!! They are famous for it....
oh snap! my homedog's lady mentioned that a few weeks ago. the name made me chuckle, but she said it is da bomb. i gotta eat there next week forsure!

Originally Posted by JordanSneakerhead23

pauls place, orangethorpe

I agree Pauls Place has some good food! I ate at the location in Los Alamitos. My mouth is watering just thinking about that it.

Marty's
Pita Kitchen
Boss Sushi
Apple Pan's
Some Pizza spot on Fairfax across from Supreme next to Reserve.
Hoagies & Wings
The Pantry

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Where is Yang Chows (what part of Chinatown). The only restaurant I ever go to in Chinatown is Plum Tree Inn.

It is off Broadway between Alpine and College streets on the left hand side if you are going north on Broadway. They validate parking for you at theparking lot next to Yang Chows. Otherwise you gotta try and find a meter. Damn I am getting hungry just thinking abou the spot!! Tasty stuff!!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

It is off Broadway between Alpine and College streets on the left hand side if you are going north on Broadway. They validate parking for you at theparking lot next to Yang Chows. Otherwise you gotta try and find a meter. Damn I am getting hungry just thinking abou the spot!! Tasty stuff!!
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom